Moding/editing existing flash games?

I’m thinking of making a mod for a specific Flash game on FA but I don’t know how to check the script.
I’m new to code writing but I just wanted to learn a bit and check out how its done.
Any tutorials or tips on that?

http://hadtobreakit.com/how-to-hack-flash-swf-games-for-fun/ and How to Hack Flash Games « Web Games :: WonderHowTo should give you the basics of getting into the code of an .sfw, though you should disable javascript on the second site.

As for in general, How to Make a Flash Game: 4 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow should give you an overview of what you need.

For everything else, google it. That really is the best advice I can give you on that matter. I did just that after all. Have fun.

1 Like

A little off topic, but:

If you’re new to coding, I would not recomend starting with working with compiled games. Reverse engineering is not straightforward.

You should probably consider learning to write simple games yourself, which would be a better starting point. Just grab a tutorial on “how to create a … game” and you’re ready to go.

Nevertheless, if you still want to learn by modding a flash game, than I cross my firger.

2 Likes

No worries, I’m fairly new to coding, but not completely new. I know how to make some simple stuff, I’m just not fluent enough to do cooler stuff