Moemon Mod or moemon like pokemon WG game?

There’s only so much that can be put into a back sprite unfortunately. I think my Flygon has the most editing done to it’s back sprite, but some like Salemence you can only really see the back of their head.

(of course there are some exceptions to this - the Moemon Gardevoir is an example…)

Gardevoir

5 Likes

You could also make the evolution similar to weight progression, with the lower forms having less weight than the higher ones. That would need a lot less editing in the lowest evolution I think.

3 Likes

I’m not saying that I think the back sprites are necessary, I understand that they would be difficult, but it would still improve the moemon by doing them when you can

with a lot of the back sprites you can’t even see they’re face so i’d be difficult

I’ve realised that I’ve only shown sprite palettes - so here’s some chubby Moemon in game! (also some first forms)

2 Likes

Great job! Maybe we can actually make a new version of the rom at some point

Is it not possible to upscale the earlier forms? If it’s possible, but simply too much work (which is perfectly understandable given how detailed they are), you could make the final form the default one and then have evolutions simply put weight on them, so, instead of Ralts > Kirlia > Gardevoir, it would be normal Gardevoir > Plump Gardevoir > Fat Gardevoir

1 Like

Interesting idea, but just straight up leaving out the earlier forms might be a bit of a downgrade in a way

That is true. Loses a part of the appeal. But I feel like you’re also losing something by having second and third evolutions be overweight by default and I’m not sure if having all three be like that by default is a good thing. But that may be my preferences

Hm, that idea is interesting - however my current idea is to have all the sprites gain weight through their evolutions (to the point where I’ll probably re-work some of the ones I’ve already posted) starting them off as chubby - before moving to full-blown fat in their later forms (so there is still an element of WG).

I feel like part of the appeal of the Moemon ROM is seeing the new designs for each Pokemon and removing some sprites seems to take away from said appeal.

1 Like

Just had an idea, perhaps rare candies could be a food item, like a pizza

1 Like

Could we not do the same for potions too? Heal by feeding them food.

Yes, but rare candies raise a pokemon’s level, so if the weight is raised by evolution, then rare candies make more sense than potions. (Plus, what would the staus healing items be?)

That is a good point.

At the moment I’m gonna focus on Moemon sprites and see where I go from there! Keep in mind that I only looked into modding the ROM since I saw this thread! I do like the idea of replacing all the in battle items and stat ups with different foods though.

Here’s the game’s namesake legendary…

Rayquaza f Rayquaza

1 Like

Yeah to be honest, I only found out about the rom like, a week before this thread was made, so that’s why when the thread was made, I was just like, “Oh hey, cool”

Also if your saying the game’s namesake legendary, then are you only doing sprites for the emerald version? There are versions for Fire Red and Platinum too.

Yeah, I’m working on the Emerald Version.

Will start with all the 'mon that appear in the region dex and will probably add the others at some point down the line.

Torchic’s tummy is so cute! :heart_eyes:

Gotta say you’re doing great work! Better than I ever could lol Glad i could spark some creativity with this thread

Ha, thanks for suggesting it! Back to work tomorrow, but with all the free time I have from Corona I think I should get a decent load more work done on this ROM over the coming weeks!