Moratorium for Fatsona on Weight Gaming

Good day everyone!

After much discussion with @metrack and internally we have come to a decision on this matter. The game is not against our Tos and our Community Guidlines, but only if the game is using characters that are only +18. Aging up the characters will not be considered valid.

While we acknowledge @metrack had some good points, but without an explicitly stated age from Atlas that helps tie the birthday posts on their social media page to the characters cannon age we just do not feel safe enough using that as a defense if it came down to it.

This was a very hard decision to come to and we spent quite a few days debating it internally. We know some people may be upset by this ruling but it is what we feel we have to do as defined by the law.

If we ever get the point where we can afford a lawyer to really give that law a good look over in hopes we can let games like this slide where the dev is trying their best to do everything they can right. For right now though we have to rely on the worst case interpretation of the law.

So tldr; the game itself is fine and will not be removed as long as it only makes use of +18 persona characters. Aging up characters is not considered acceptable.

We once again apologize for this, and would like to thank @metrack for their patience with us. Regardless of how they believe is best to proceeded with the game we wish them the best of luck on it!

12 Likes

If you still intend to develop the game, I think it’ll help to either make your Discord server open to the public and only have some of the channels with build releases for patrons (unless that’s not possible?) or to make a separate Discord server for non-patrons so we can keep up with the game. I’m glad the project can still continue even with this mod ruling.

The way the discord is set up, I would need to restrict almost every channel. I think what I’m going to end up doing is posting blog posts and updates on Deviantart and through free public posts on Patreon.

2 Likes

well, this is very mature

1 Like