Most Credits in Gaining Perspective?

So I’ve been playing Gaining Perspective a lot and was wondering how many Uncle Credits you guys have managed to save up before immobility? Also, @geekdragon, have you programmed messages for collecting 50, 60, 70, 80, ETC. credits?

Moved to Gaining Perspective category as the topic pertains to that project.

@UnknownCleric2420 please ensure you place topics into the correct categories in the future.

Thanks, wasn’t sure if I should put it there or not since there was no “Project Discussion” post here.

I think I managed to get around 70 on one playthrough by doing my best to put off any really significant gain, but it is to some extent a matter of luck. Having peeked at the code, there are/were no messages for beyond 40.

Really? Cool! What was your strategy, if you had any specific steps?

I resisted the various temptations offered as I built up credits, so no cookies bought, no binging when your are asked to look after the house. Watch for when the various tasks start to cost you health rather than reward with credits; it may be worth using the diet testing then (and possibly get the health boost). Buy just the mint cookies, and take the longest wait to move in, then start on the telemarketing tasks until those too start to cost you health. With luck that should set you up well for the end game.

Looks like things are pretty much covered here. XD

Yes, 40 credits is the last time you get a special message while saving them up. The special messages were a late addition to the game to help players learn how many credits might be necessary – since going that extreme is hardly obvious at first. I didn’t go past 40 because I believed that was a sensible place to proceed, and I wasn’t sure it was practical to save many more.

Just a couple of revisions to Dingo’s suggestions.

• In the early (pre-moved in/immobile) stage, it’s possible to avoid buying any cookies at all – even “just the mint” ones. There’s no ill effect – but the game will often “randomly boost” your gluttony when you try keep it low. This is normal, and was implemented to keep someone from completely halting their progress.
  • Paul’s tasks will start to cause you harm more often as you approach immobility – but once you move in, the telemarketing/paperwork tasks NEVER hurt. The only reason to skip them is that you have a chance of recovering some extra health if you relax and skip the work day.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I forgot those parts! Then again I never really get to there that often because I’m focused on pre-immobility stuff.

Ugh… just got the “Best Ending” and it’s one of the few things that made me sick to my stomach. It’s up there with “Fallout 4 Cannibalism” and “First time I saw Ben Drowned.”

You’re sure it was the “best” one? There are basically three versions of the main ending. I’m not going to claim any of them are all warm and fuzzy, but the good ending was supposed to be pretty tame.

Sorry for the nausea, in any case. XD

Yeah, the game said it was the best of the 3 endings when I completed it.

Love this game, but I’ve only gotten two endings: the “best” one and the birthday one. I don’t remember getting all the milestones, though. Is there a full guide to endings and milestones out there?

If you really did get the “best” final ending (got Donna to stay with you, and opted to apply for a Guinness record) then you’ll have seen all the milestones.

There’s a less nice version if you turn down the Guiness record.

There’s a awful version if you never have Donna move in at all.

I didn’t really count the birthday ending as a main one, since it doesn’t involve “completing” the story.

As morbid and as how terrible things ended up, the ending was beautiful in its own twisted way.

Let go

Be free with your wings.

Lots of symbolism with how it ended, with the player being told by their friend that it’s okay to finally let go. I’ll admit, I cheated my way though the entire game, and it’s length, oh wow! I praise those that can get though it all and still end up on top.

There were a few typos here and there and the cheats don’t progress days, but progress illness time (if you’re just adding weight).

I do still think Randy will deck you square in the face the moment he sees you again in the afterlife. After all, you deserve it.

To those who are on the fence about this, give it a try. Dark themes are a plenty, and even the best and safest endings are bad. If you’re not a fan of dark themes, then stay away, but to others who want a good story, Gaining Perspective is hands down one of the best stories on the site.

Well done!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the review! Congrats on getting through, even if it took a few cheats. I’m glad you found some positives and could overlook some pesky flaws.

do the guiness record people ever come? like somehow still alive nearing 2000 lb with Donna

This isn’t the right topic for that, but to answer your question,

One of the endings will include such people. You’ll have to find out how to get there.