My Dear Fallen Angel II (Endings released + Announcements!)

also what does the page of worldbreak do anyways

Itā€™s for endings, which are not implemented yet!

one last question, what happened to The Farmer in White, and Astra

They will be added as party members when endings are added! They will join after beating the game once in future runs! Currently, they are Elite Fiends

Sorry if i sound a bit stupid here but how do any of the characters gain weight? Levelling up characters an cant see a difference at the minute

1 Like

As of now, party members donā€™t gain weight yet. A majority of NPCs can, though all but 1 must first be found through rare card events! The next update will give more characters weight events!

3 Likes

How do you get the speaking events to fire? I got the snake to give me the recipe for ultra emerald but I havenā€™t been able to run into them again and the other events wonā€™t show up. I am assuming all the ā€˜he ran into a speaking X but it ran awayā€™ do the same thing but honestly have no idea. currently everyone is 99 that can be. And just to make sure: is sister supposed to be able to level?

Love the game, it keeps crashing for me though on scene transitions (Going from home to work, going from blessing screen to home even crash going from apple picking to mining onceā€¦)

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of the crash text? Sister cannot be leveled! As for the ā€˜speaking Xā€™, that is a rare card event that has a better chance of appearing with certain upgrades found in Rituals. Also Hard Mode boosts luck with rare card spawns! Getting the same ā€˜speaking Xā€™ event 3 times will trigger their event. Craft their requested Ultra Gemstone and find them one more time to complete their initial unlock! After that, getting that card event again will level them up!

1 Like

It might be a thing on my end if no one else is having it. It is just a hard crash instantly closing the game so no bug report or anything. The game runs fine outside of the THEM fight. (When targeting for attacks the boss stops moving and the game seems to lag)

I did eventually figure it out, I had just gotten really unlucky? and got a lot of the first parts so I made it to week 22ish before seeing the others. For reference I am playing on hard and tend to visit all the jobs equally, so I donā€™t know if that is late or early to be unlocking them.

1 Like

I will say that there is a lag spike for me the first time I get to a harvest report in a playthrough. But I havenā€™t had a hard crash as of yet. I will double check the THEM fight though!

1 Like

Get abducted, go left and get the alien scanner.

Then you can just cycle click the apple button in the top right until the alien scanner says it detects something. First tile you click after that will give you a talk event.

The game has crashed for me once during a transition also and i got an error message i believe saying profile error or something along those lines. Only happened the one time though.

2 Likes

Please let me know if you are able to replicate that error!

I will say that the crashes always happen after the game has been running for a while and I am always able to reload immediately and have the transition work. (at this point I just save after every transition bit annoying but itā€™s like 3 clicks so Iā€™m not to fussed by it.)

1 Like

Weekly Wednesday devpost time!

1. Lots of bugs have been fixed throughout the week, please update your game if you downloaded prior to the release of the last bug fix!

2. Please fill out the survey if you have reached the credits! I will prioritize working on weight stages for the most/least voted for characters! Currently working on Reco and Valentineā€™s Mom based on the first response on the survey! Thank you!

3. I planned to release the first 2 stages of the remaining NPCs and 4 stages of Reco and Valentineā€™s Mom today, but will be needing another day! That should be up by 4PM (PST) tomorrow!

4. If things stay on track, all planned content (weight events, endings) should be out by Nov 18 at the latest!

Any ideas or feedback? Let me know, here, or through the survey!

Thank you for reading and playing my games! For daily game development updates, follow me on Twitter!

1 Like

As useless as this might be:
I I think you can replicate it by clicking on the shop and leaving it over and over. Cycling through the event-character arts too much seems to be crashing me.

1 Like

I will try this to see if I can replicate it!
edit: interesting. cycling through multiple backgrounds does cause the gameā€™s memory usage to spike, I think I may be able to come up with a solution! (also this led to finding another bug, lol, cycling through the shop backgrounds wasnā€™t showing one of the possible character backgrounds)

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m glad I could help :^)

1 Like

Downloaded the newest itch link and I canā€™t click the top left card for some reason.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! Will investigate!
edit: Should be fixed now!