New computer, fresh Win7 install, old project; can't debug (FlashDevelop/HaXe)

I have a project I’ve been working on on my old computer (Win8) and I just got a new computer and I’m wanting to switch everything over to the new machine. It’s Win7 because I already own a license for that and don’t feel like buying another one.

Anyway, installed everything fine, but when I try and debug I get the ‘: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ‘jvm.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)’ message. I followed the info from FD’s site (this one: Java - FlashDevelop ) and it didn’t help. Anyone have any ideas?

Are you sure you’ve the right version of Java and a 32bit one? If you just go to java.com you’ll probably end up with Java 8 and possibly 64 bit. Try java -version at a command prompt. You may need to sign up on the Oracle Tech Network Technical Resources | Oracle to get a Java 7 version. Java 6 is so old you’d need a support contract to get a copy (assuming you haven’t saved the old offline installer).

One of the FD support forms has a link to java 6 which I got and installed. It didn’t help.

java -version gives me this:
java version “1.8.0_77”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_77-b03)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.77-b03, mixed mode)

EDIT: Running java -version on the old computer where everything works fine gives me ‘java is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.’ Weird.

I got it working, turns out all I had to so was use the 64-bit version of FlashDevelop! duh. (Which is found in the FlashDevelop install folder, just called ‘FlashDevelop64.exe’