No application

I tried to play the game when i got to the project site it said no application found here whats going on on that site?

Don’t worry! This isn’t an issue on your end.

This message means that the server is not currently hosting the game, and likewise sends you to a 503 (service unavailable) page. If you’re having trouble determining when the game is live, try connecting during the time-frame of:

9:00 AM - 6:00 PM United States Central Time (GMT -6)

Notes:

-The server won’t always be active during these times, though it most commonly is.
-The game is unstable as of now, and may go offline with no warning while you’re playing.

when will it be possible to play regardless of the time i am asking because that would be a great suggestion for improvement for that game

This is a quote from the creator i[/i], with the underlined section addressing why the server isn’t always online.

[quote=“Al_K, post:34, topic:1072”]Nope, no estimate on completion. [u]This is still in the early development stage. And for that reason, I’m unwilling to buy a domain and pay for hosting until I feel like it’s worth it. I found a semi-permanent hosted database solution and logging. Running the NodeJS in a container is the cost. Nodejitsu or others seems to be valid but everything above ‘hobby’ is pay-to-use. And this is a “hobby” project.

People hop on and off during the day, usually 9 - 6 eastern time. I try to have it up then. Other times are less regular. There’s a lot of crash bugs and no application monitoring so if there’s a problem (and there are currently many), it will simply crash and stay down.[/u]

Thanks for your interest – hope to see you online soon. I hope you’ll visit and leave some feedback about what you see and like/dislike.[/quote]

Basically, until the game gets further into development, it’s going to have a temporary hosting solution. I’d suggest checking the game’s current link i[/i] often to see if it’s online.

Note:

-If you’ve already created a character on the server, typing their name+password allows you to continue playing as that character once you rejoin, so don’t worry about losing progress due to the server going offline.

This message means that the server is not currently hosting the game, and likewise sends you to a 503 (service unavailable) page. If you’re having trouble determining when the game is live, try connecting during the time-frame of:

Notes:

-The server won’t always be active during these times, though it most commonly is.
-The game is unstable as of now, and may go offline with no warning while you’re playing.[/quote]

Well that’s annoying

Notes:

-The game is unstable as of now, and may go offline with no warning while you’re playing.[/quote]

Well that’s annoying[/quote]

You can be annoyed all you want, but server costs are a bitch, my dude. It makes more sense to run it during daylight hours than pay extra to run it 24/7, plus the downtime usually helps prevent things like massive server issues.

Where’s the vidya at? I’m finally awake and available at the right time to actually try to hop onto the MUD, but it’s still offline.

Also, I received a reply from Al after my post a while back, but I have yet to be able to get onto it to even see it. It’s always down.

[quote=“Kei-chan, post:7, topic:1102”]Where’s the vidya at? I’m finally awake and available at the right time to actually try to hop onto the MUD, but it’s still offline.

Also, I received a reply from Al after my post a while back, but I have yet to be able to get onto it to even see it. It’s always down.[/quote]

I’m not sure honestly.

AL_k has taken a 4 day hiatus (starting on Thanksgiving, updated on the 26th). During this time Lantern has been completely down, for one reason or another. AL was saying he’d get back to working on Lantern on Monday the 28th.

this info was cited from this quote:

Although the server seems to have been online for very short bursts (not even long enough to log in) around noon, it has been offline most of today.

I’d suggest trying to get in contact with AL_k, since he’s the only person who would know why there’s been so much ‘radio silence’ as of late.

Has the game been online anytime in the last week?

Unfortunately, no. I’m beginning to worry for Al. He might just be bogged down by work or family, but it’s hard for me to not assume the worst.

The server doesn’t appear to be active currently, and hasn’t been for about a week now. I’ve personal messaged AL_K, asking about Lantern’s server status, but I have yet to receive a reply.

If you wanted to ask AL personally as to why Lantern has yet to be online, he has a linked e-mail on his account profile that you could try to contact him through (http://www.weightgaming.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=442 ,click the envelope to open an email screen).

Hope this game makes a comeback, enjoyed this with the little time i got to play on it.

is it dead? also how am i supposed to gain weight in it when and if it comes back