Noita mod?

maybe. … maybe block damage when you got more weight? when your in the air or something

That would make up for the slightly lowered air mobility if that was a factor

This is where I would like to add that the animation does not need to be a kick. Bellyflop anyone?

2 Likes

Ooooooo that sounds fun!

wonder about eating the enemies? I mean nothing stops you from doing it on killed foes. of course eating ones of un health bodies (like toxic spewing foes) will damage you if you don’t have the right perk.

2 Likes

Oh now that sounds super super fun to have in!

of course this is all just words up to someone else to make it a reality. I for sure can’t programe to save my life

For a simple-ish sprite edit, one could just edit the starting_loadouts mod which is included as an example mod with the game. Editing the sprites is a bit difficult because the player sprite is pretty big which requires a lot of edits. Likewise, if you change the rectangular size of the animation, you have to update the player.xml data which has all the data regarding the animations for the player. I think there is also a UV copy of the sprites you have to edit as well.

That being said, because of how the player.xml system works I think you could potentially change the size of the player to be any size if you are willing to edit all the sprites and the edit the player.xml.

Going beyond sprite edits, it gets a bit more complicated. There are lua hooks for stuff like EntityIngestMaterial( entity:int, material_type:number, amount:number ) which lets you do stuff like change the player sprite if they eat an amount of a material/materials. Still doing research on how all that works but don’t get your hopes up.

The player character has a lot of animations that one would have to edit in order to make a fat/bloated/inflated edit.

1 Like

Just as a super quick proof of concept, you can do a quick sprite swap. Might be hard to tell from the gif but I gave the player character a belly just to see if that would work.
noita-20201126-222157-1965687910-00007946

Edit: made a perk (doesn’t do anything yet)
2020-11-27 02_03_58-Noita - Build Nov 26 2020 - 18_04_29

1 Like

it could stretch out the negative effects of overeating and add healing from it.
Maybe lower the rate at which stuffing vanishes.

Oh wow that sounds awesome!

I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up as far as me making a working mod. Trying to figure out how to make changes to how the character interacts with things is extremely difficult. I might give it another go a bit later but I think for now I am going to put it on the backburner.

2 Likes

(EDIT: Sorry, didn’t realize the forums don’t really do gifs. I’ll do an imgur gallery later or something)
Decided to take a crack at doing a player swap to make the Noita fat, but It’s just the idle animation currently. If I end up finishing this I might consider doing different sizes, assuming making the one sprite sheet isn’t too time consuming.

Working with such a small sprite is pretty challenging. I was a bit weary of making her too big because I wasn’t sure where the boundaries of the frame were. I know there’s ways to change that but it’s a bit beyond my skillset unfortunately.

3 Likes

Is it possible to alter the hitbox?

When you got more info and more fattened sprites, tell away brother. Would love to get a weight gain mod for this, even if the bigger sizes make it harder to play the game with.