Ōkui: Beat em up and Eat em up, Have any cool ideas? Suggestions? Feedback? Criticism? Tell us! We'd love to hear what you have to say!

I don’t think that is necessary eliminate that, is only a screen of a stuffed Okui meanwhile we see a parchment where we can see all the eated enemies.

1 Like

You could keep the fat you’ve gained when you spit them out, its a game after all it doesn’t have to have logic.

P.S Personally I suggested this because I find it uncomfortable when characters get digested or dont get out in vore.

2 Likes

Well I just thought that it would be cool.Its supposed to inspire the player to collect all the enemies(or a certain type of enemy) so they can get a reward or upgrade for doing so.
Like maybe your given the option to collect all the bug warriors during a level.Maybe your shown a wanted sign to eat 3 of so and so enemies so you can get so and so reward.Then in the end of the level barf them in jail with all the other enemies you’ve eaten to gain the reward.

1 Like

I just had another idea, In the beginning of each level your given these wanted posters were it tells you to eat a certain number or more of a type of enemy to gain a reward which it shows at the bottom.Once you barf all the enemies you caught in jail they are counted and if you reach on or beyond the number you get the reward.The reward could be a power up, upgrade or food.

1 Like

are you on our discord already?

1 Like

no I don’t plan on getting a discord account but I might if you insist.

why do you ask?

You sound like you are a man of ideas

2 Likes

OH GOLLY!!! It would be nice to talk to you guys but I don’t have much time for LIVE conversations, more like the kind were having right now, you know like not constant.I don’t spend too much time on THIS side of the internet if you know what I mean.
I would love to share ideas with you though.

1 Like

Thats fine dude, you can come by whenever you want, you are always wellcomed there in our server :facepunch:

1 Like

by the way heres a new idea of mine:

When you get fat enough you gain abilities like a “ground pound” or “boulder” move were you roll around to run over enemies.

(hope i’m not replying too fast)

2 Likes

Since this is Weight Gaming after all I have to ask: how big are you planning on making the main character? I don’t know how far you are in developing the sprite work but it would be cool to have the option to play with, well, larger sizes. Like, #curated-projects:super-fatty-rpg could’ve just gone up to weight class 30 and called it a day, but instead they had it go up to 99 (even if the game is almost unplayable at that point) and it ends up being one of the main driving forces of the game. Maybe there could be some sort of XP progression or hidden collectibles that increase your weight limit so only the later levels would have to be designed with ridiculous sizes in mind?

1 Like

We were thinking of big, but not as big to the point that the game becomes fully unplayable. This is a plataformer after all not an RPG

BUT we are willing to go as big as to a point that it does hinder some mobility and other disadvantages, BUT being big also comes with it’s advantages

5 Likes

In the endgame, maybe?
We could have a lil bar or restaurant at the port town we’re planning, there could be some minigame there

2 Likes

Alright, I think I’ve got an idea or two. Some parts of some of the ideas are partially inspired by the platforming sections of Fallen Order, which are pretty fun I think, along with its exploration and collectibles.

1. collectibles that can affect the player’s/whatever else’s appearance and don’t affect gameplay. These could appear in shops, unlocked at story milestones, and/or found hidden on various places in maps (easy locations to give people a taste of what they can get and/or hard locations for those really looking to collect). These could be new outfits or skins for the character, the appearance of your melee slash or shuriken, etc. and could add to the game without altering the base gameplay.

2. Upgrades that could also be unlocked via story/purchase/find. These are bonuses that can affect gameplay. Maybe not to make combat easier but to instead open up the platforming part more. A double jump that can be learned to cross farther distances (possibly unless you get too big), some sort of leg enhancement (by augment, magic, or some other forbidden knowledge), a glider, or a phase dash that shoots you forward a short distance with invincibility frames. Maybe you could have combat/environment reacting upgrades, such as a body slam (Only effective at high weights, stunning enemies and/or breaking parts of the environment allowing access to new areas), light explosives, an attack dash (though leaving the player stunned for a second so they can’t be Smash Bros Fox), or holding one of your attack buttons and being capable of “charging” one of your attacks. These upgrades could add extra replay-ability to older levels by locking off certain sections that require an extra jump or destroyed wall, and also possibly add to helping deal with certain types of enemies. These might also have the option of being turned off and/or could be disabled during boss fights.

3. Another collectible. FOOD. Now, this won’t actually affect your character, but it could affect certain villagers instead. There could be a villager or two that is starved and asks you to find something for them to eat. To help them, you would find various meals placed along each level that you would grab and return to the villager, leading them to fill up just a little, but it doesn’t stop at just a little. the more food you find, the bigger the villager becomes. How big they can get is up to choice, though immobility would definitely be interesting. Of course, once you collect a dish, it’s gone forever, so grabbing multiple of one on a single level can’t be exploited. Either way, this would allow you to see someone progress through the entire game from a poor, starving being to hitting some beautifully ludicrous weight, so long as you continue to help snag them some meals on your path.

2 Likes

So I have a little idea well a few actually.

1. If there’s a town maybe the more you help the weapon shop the better the weapons at cheaper prices maybe if a money system is involved and the main idea of this is the more side quests you do for a shop they might make upgrades cheaper than usual.

2. The slime snails maybe instead of hurting you they fill you up more than knocking them out and eating them but you get stunned for a few seconds as a penalty since the frog probably wasn’t expecting that.

3. (This plays off of idea 2 if implemented or considered) A new enemy or a mini boss would be a bigger snail slime that spawns more snails but since it’s bigger it tries to cover you while stunned and fills you up before like a speedy boss or for tricks a slower boss that hits hard so players are weak and a single attack could end them if they are quick like the game might want you to do when knocking off enemies

1 Like

I thought of a bigger slime version that could vore you, many people want to get vored for some reason…

well i mean maybe both like one attack it covers you and tries to fatten you up by jumping on you and another it tries to eat you but you can escape by eating your way out if it does hit you and like every 5 seconds or so depending if you get hit by it too much by it or on how fat you are it damages you for like half a heart or something

Are you planning on having skills/upgrades for the player? Make it possible to upgrade the characters stomach capacity to the point where they can “reverse vore” the slime after they absorb the player
Something like pic related

1 Like

Yes, there will be skills, but we are still figuring out a system.

If we add the reverse eat the slime it would be a learnable skill (not confirmed though)

@eman006 where is that image from?

3 Likes