Ōkui: Beat em up and Eat em up (Qna)

Speaking of levels:

Does this mean that the game will be less metroidvania, and more individual and separate stages?

The game is planned as an action-platformer, yes it is planned to be divided into separate stages.

(Please don’t take the other foreign posts that are not in our category into consideration even if it was us who made those posts)

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick answer! But, what do you mean “not in our category”? Do you mean posts not made in the Q&A thread?

I meant topic, sorry

2 Likes

If I can remember correctly, the presentation of the game implied a focus on female playable frogs.

Assuming this design aspect wasn’t adjusted at some point during development, or that I didn’t simply misinterpret it – which I likely did – can male frogs be expected to be playable as well? I’d definitely love it if they were, but the game looks great regardless so I plan to give it a shot anyway~

1 Like

We do not have planned to make male protagonists at all, but if a significant amount of people want there to be male frogs, I guess we will be obliged to add dude frogs.

What we do have is male enemies, but most of them are female tho, and if you wanted to see fattened up or inflated or whatever males we are still looking on ways to make it work in gameplay. Want to give us a hand by coming up with an idea?

Thanks for the question Disguy! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind and prompt response! I suspected as much, and I suppose wouldn’t get my own hopes up on too many other people asking considering female content is seemingly more popular here, so unless you wanted to make at least one person happy, I won’t hold it against you guys or anything if you decide to pass on it! Again, the game looks pretty awesome so plan to give it a go regardless!

Also, while appreciated, I usually don’t offer suggestions on stuff since I’m always far more intrigued by whatever other people come up with as opposed to trying to have my own ideas implemented – but I’ll keep your offer in mind as I see what you all come up with, may have some suggestions anyway in the future!

Best of wishes on your team’s game development journey! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Beside the fetish part, what’s the story of the game? And, you can change clothes to customize the protagonist?

1 Like

(The game is based off Japan around the 1600s-1700s

with (I’m assuming) a little bit of modern tech sprinkled in)
- Mobs, Game artist and ninja historian

That’s all the lore that is confirmed right now.

Some people have suggested an interchangeable armor system, but right now we are just thinking about skins.
:green_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for answer, and yes, changing skins was the easiest to program, I guess as unlockable skins when making a certain achievement.

And, in the game there will be small parts where the gameplay changes a bit to give eccentricity and variety to the game?

1 Like

We are certainly planning to, but we haven’t decided on WHAT yet.

1 Like

In the future, should we expect new characters with different stories, gameplay, and such?

1 Like

Like an update to the game after it is released? And please elaborate more

1 Like

Yeah and, for one character, say you play as a dragon, you can fly to certain places, but you could be inflated and miss your mark or you’re too weighed down to get to certain areas that will help you.

1 Like
  1. At the moment we are just planing to just have 4 different skins for one frog.

1.5 . If feel you are really into dragons, me too, dragons are cool, and I hope we really get to have dragons in the game, as an enemy or a friendly NPC but at the moment you will just be playing as a ninja frog.

1. We already are thinking and working on the same inflation and weight concept that you are suggesting

Thank you for your question Beowolf! If I missed something don’t be afraid to ask again! :green_heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome and thanks, honestly can’t wait to see this game come to fruition.

1 Like

I hope to see you around Itch.io to play the demo on Monday Wolf! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Oooh there’s gonna be a demo on monday? I’m excited to see!

1 Like

To be more percise it is going to be around Monday, but it might still come out on Monday. Who knows?

1 Like

Will this be played in-browser or via download?

1 Like