Ōkui: Beat em up and Eat em up (Qna)

Quick question!
If the player can vore enemies, would the bosses also be looking to vore the player?

1 Like
  • That is certainly something we got to keep in mind
  • I (PERSONALLY) am thinking of weight more like a mechanic rather than just yummy this is my fetish, but that has still not been debated by the team, and I don’t know how they will feel about it, so no weight loss yet
  • I-I don’t think so…maybe a boss specific player death screen??? We haven’t discussed that at all yet.
1 Like

The most likely scenario of an enemy eating the player would be just in a boss-specific player death sceene as of now, but even that hasn’t been discussed yet, so take this with a grain of salt.

1 Like
  • Ah, I had meant more losing weight to be able to perform jumps that would be impossible at higher weight levels than the fetish side of things.
  • Oh! Honestly I had thought it was already included after looking at this concept art: image
    That’s my mistake, funny how I wasn’t the only one with that question!

And congrats on getting into the Curated Projects category!

Fair enough! I figured since the player would be getting big and fat, the bosses might have that as their goal for a big snack themselves :smiley:

1 Like

Holy shit you’re god damn fucking right! Oh, man, I forgot that we had the fucking MOSQUITO, yeah the mosquito will absorb away your fat ( but why does it look like blood?? idk man )

Thanks for reminding me about mosquito.

Also, thank you very much Benevorelent for the support, it means the world to us!

1 Like

We are planning to have a second encounter with one of the bosses, she wanted to have revenge, and maybe her end goal is to eat her maybe :thinking:
But this is just an idea floating around, so still, take it with a grain of salt. :orange_heart:

1 Like

How does digestion work? Do you eat an enemy and have to lug then around for a fixed period of time, do they instantly digest once you eat them, or do you need to find a spot to digest somewhere in the level or after completing a level? I recall a game called Flying Unbirth Ninja, for example, where you need to vore an enemy and then digest them.

How will the game handle multiple prey? Or will you only be able to eat one enemy at once? I can see carrying around more and more enemies at once hindering your weight more than the fat gained by digesting them, but there’s also the problem of sitting there and digesting them to get rid of the dead weight making you a sitting duck. Or, uh, frog.

Will prey move around after you eat them, throwing off your movement every few seconds? It would be immersive but not necessarily fun.

Will weight gain be a long-term thing that builds up over several levels, or will you start every level thin and get fat by the end unless you don’t blow through many enemies? If it’s long-term, how will the player lose weight? And will there be upgrades that make you start heavier/lighter and/or gain/lose weight faster?

• For now, you just shoot your tongue and eat them, and digest them right there in the spot, then you become CHONK

• Right now you can just eat pray, once at a time, but your capacity is like 5 vores?

• I really don’t think so (about the kicking)

• I guess every level you would be starting slim again

• The only way we have tought of weight loss is the mosquito enemy or perhaps taking damage could be an option, (maybe a potion later on too)

• We have not thought anything about any upgrades

Your Ideas were really cool! We might check them out!

Thanks for your questions and suggestions! :green_heart:

2 Likes

The weight gain is more to be the “level up” system. Eating enemies/food lands you experience. Get enough and you get fatter.

2 Likes

Speaking of levels:

Does this mean that the game will be less metroidvania, and more individual and separate stages?

The game is planned as an action-platformer, yes it is planned to be divided into separate stages.

(Please don’t take the other foreign posts that are not in our category into consideration even if it was us who made those posts)

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick answer! But, what do you mean “not in our category”? Do you mean posts not made in the Q&A thread?

I meant topic, sorry

2 Likes

If I can remember correctly, the presentation of the game implied a focus on female playable frogs.

Assuming this design aspect wasn’t adjusted at some point during development, or that I didn’t simply misinterpret it – which I likely did – can male frogs be expected to be playable as well? I’d definitely love it if they were, but the game looks great regardless so I plan to give it a shot anyway~

1 Like

We do not have planned to make male protagonists at all, but if a significant amount of people want there to be male frogs, I guess we will be obliged to add dude frogs.

What we do have is male enemies, but most of them are female tho, and if you wanted to see fattened up or inflated or whatever males we are still looking on ways to make it work in gameplay. Want to give us a hand by coming up with an idea?

Thanks for the question Disguy! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind and prompt response! I suspected as much, and I suppose wouldn’t get my own hopes up on too many other people asking considering female content is seemingly more popular here, so unless you wanted to make at least one person happy, I won’t hold it against you guys or anything if you decide to pass on it! Again, the game looks pretty awesome so plan to give it a go regardless!

Also, while appreciated, I usually don’t offer suggestions on stuff since I’m always far more intrigued by whatever other people come up with as opposed to trying to have my own ideas implemented – but I’ll keep your offer in mind as I see what you all come up with, may have some suggestions anyway in the future!

Best of wishes on your team’s game development journey! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Beside the fetish part, what’s the story of the game? And, you can change clothes to customize the protagonist?

1 Like

(The game is based off Japan around the 1600s-1700s

with (I’m assuming) a little bit of modern tech sprinkled in)
- Mobs, Game artist and ninja historian

That’s all the lore that is confirmed right now.

Some people have suggested an interchangeable armor system, but right now we are just thinking about skins.
:green_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for answer, and yes, changing skins was the easiest to program, I guess as unlockable skins when making a certain achievement.

And, in the game there will be small parts where the gameplay changes a bit to give eccentricity and variety to the game?

1 Like