Opening up for Theme Suggestions for this Years Gain Jam

Good day everyone! I am happy to announce that theme suggestions are now open for all patreons in the $10 and up tiers. If you are in one of these tiers feel free to drop your suggestion as a comment on the patreon post which can be found below!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/suggest-this-jam-53346310

5 Likes

Are there going to be a chance to give suggestions for non patreon members? Since some might not be able to for financial reasons?

1 Like

Are you cool if we post suggestions here with no expectation they’ll be considered? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry, but no. There is not much we can offer as patreon rewards and theme suggestions are one of the few things we can offer.

I would usually say sure, but I am a bit concerned it could cause confusion so I have to say no for now. We will do our usual speculation posts a bit closer to the jam though where people can try to guess what it might be and talk about themes they think would be fun.

2 Likes

Completely understandable, here’s hoping we get a good idea. I’m considering participating this year with a CYOA thing. :smiley:

2 Likes

Could be a perk that could be extended for higher trust levels (3+) perhaps - something new to discuss in the lounge at least! I do respect the point made about Patreon rewards, however.

Already posted on the patreon but here’s my suggestion:

We are the world - This theme will be an international based theme aimed to see who can create a WG based game around a unique culture from the world. As someone who regularly plays and even records a lot of games from this community it does get repetitive when games only seem to be set in USA or Japan, I personally would like to see what entrants can do with a place like Africa, Mexico, Russia, India or even the middle east. It would open up the creative mind of some of the creators too to learn and even spread their cultural findings as well as make it interesting for the players who wish to try all the games for themselves :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats not a bad idea. If we still had theme voting in place I would probably do it but until we can provide an additional reward to +$10 tiers we will have to leave it as a Patreon only reward.

Cool suggestion @Axxis! As a quick note though keep suggestions to the patreon post if you can. I do not want to risk anyone getting confused and posting suggestions here and its more fun to try to keep the possible themes a surprise for everyone :wink:

2 Likes

yay, new gain jam! Hope everyone has fun developing for the this year’s event, and I can’t wait to see all of the projects that come out of it!

1 Like

Wow with the tons of new and older game maker this year gain jam is going to be amazing I can not wait to play some games.

3 Likes