P*kem*n Lard: A fatty centric P*kem*n region (DIFFICULTY REDUCTION UPDATE)

There are going to be plenty of wild encounters, just fewer trainer battles in general, and you’ll get more XP from battles so they’re more optional than usual.

For outside of combat story, I’m not planning on many characters being significant besides gym leaders, doctor, and maybe a rival since I don’t want things to get out of hand, but I am planning on having a lot of environments that should be fairly interesting, and reveal a lot about how the region works and what the pokemon in the region have done to culture there.

1 Like

looks good love to join but don’t know if can

1 Like

Looking a bit more into this, it would be built in maker xp? If so, I might consider looking into the prospect of working in rpg maker, but I don’t want to promise anything yet. Will there be weight gain outside of evolutions and how big are you wanting the dex to be??

1 Like

It will be built in RPG maker XP with Pokemon Essentials, which is a mod that basically makes XP into a pokemon making machine. There won’t be any weight gain outside of evolutions, extremely hard MAYBE for trainer character, but that would be a very late production implementation, and since pre evolutions would be placeholders for a while in most cases final evolutions would be the most fatty themed part of the game for quite a bit into development. I’m perfectly fine with the dex as is, I see no need to add any more pokemon, but anyone working on the game is allowed to suggest as many mons as they like for implementation and a lot probably will be put in. The only note I would make around that last part is no starters. at a maximum though I’d say 5 or six more fully evolved pokemon, and only if other collaborators have that many lines to suggest.

2 Likes

Dang all the pokemon are great. The slob gardevior line and tinkaton are particular favorites of mine. Would the trainers also be gaining weight throughout the journey? And how much (if any) more slob content are you planning on integrating into the game?

2 Likes

There’ll probably be some mild slob instances throughout, in the first town there’s a mild one. The dex is technically complete but depending on other project helper’s desires there might be more slobs in it.

1 Like

Oh hell yeah, really looking for it then!

1 Like

Alright folks, poll time

• 100% female trainers or close to it, don’t care if it doesn’t make sense in the world
  • Vastly prefer female trainers regardless of whether it makes sense in the world
  • Prefer female trainers but only to the extent that it makes sense, won’t be turned off by male trainers
  • Neutral, can ignore trainers that aren’t of a preferred gender and don’t see a need to prioritize them
  • Prefer male trainers but only to the extent that it makes sense
  • Vastly prefer male trainers, regardless of whether it makes sense or not
  • 100% male trainers regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

0 voters

2 Likes

Alright, the people have spoken. 64% of people would be turned off by male trainers, 29% of people either didn’t care or could look past it, and 7% of people preferred male trainers to any degree. So only about 1/20 trainers will be male, one gym leader, and one elite 4 member will be male. admittedly this is a bit different from what I would have done originally, but I want to make the game accessible. I’m not going to completely remove male content from the game, but I will make it vast majority female.

5 Likes

Poll Time #2!
Would you guys be interested in the addition of a food type and a fungus type? Details below:
Food type: Food will be a move only type, since if pokemon could be it, 60% of the region would be the type. The fact that no mons will get stab on the moves will be balanced by their base power, which in turn will be balanced by distribution. Food type moves will be super effective against dragon, normal, and fairy (dragons and normal animals are very susceptible to gluttony, while the fae have a sweet tooth), while it will be resisted by bug, psychic, and poison (bugs don’t get fat and just multiply in response to more food, psychic types have the willpower to resist, and poison ruins the food)

Fungus type, admittedly, fits less in the region, but it’s something I personally have always wanted, since it’s a whole ass kingdom of life goddamn it if the plants get it they should too. It’s weak to bug, ice, poison, and itself (self explanatory, it’s weak to itself due to parasitic molds and mushrooms often targeting other mushrooms), resists ghost and dark, and is immune to water (eat dead things, like the dark and water). Super effective against ghost, water, and fungus, resisted by flying and fighting, ice is immune to it (birds almost never infected by fungi, mushrooms eaten by them, fighting represents life and vitality, and the vast majority of mushrooms are minimally tolerant of cold weather)

• I want a Fungus and Food type
  • I want a Fungus type only
  • I want a Food type only
  • I want neither type added to the game
  • Don’t care
0 voters
1 Like

Hey,
I’m a little bummed about the trainer poll. I understand that most people want female content but, I was hoping for a little more balance. It is hard to find male focused content on this site. I am not saying make a game 100 percent male centric and gay. However, more male representation would be nice. I say you should make the game you want to without outside opinions changing your gameplan. An idea I had was, similarly to Pokémon Sword and Shield, there can be two different versions of the game with slight differences. Just like how those games, you got either Bea and Gordie or Alister and Melony, you could do something similar in your game. I understand that is more work and asking a lot but, I feel it could solve the issue and make the target audience even larger.

4 Likes

this would rock but it’s an insane amount of extra work - at the moment there are planned to be at least some male variants of mons and a machine to set it to all male or female if chosen for mons, but for trainers think sadly for my own sake I’ll stick with one thing. With that said, it is my thing so if I feel like it anything is subject to change, I’m just trying to grab info from the people who’d be playing it.

8 Likes

Are there going to be 2 vs 2 fights?
And if so, there could be a gym with a 2 vs 2 gym leader match against twins (like in the third generation) so that there are 7 women and 2 men (the twins can be of the same gender or different).
I feel like it would be a good addition and would also make the gym more memorable.

2 Likes

ooooh this is a good idea! I’ll try to figure out a way to implement it, I’ll need to look at my gym leader concepts

3 Likes

this is a great idea

1 Like

Now I’ll preface anything I say with the fact that this is your game and whatever choices you make are yours to make. You need not listen to the quibbling of others, but when it comes to female and male trainers, trainer types could be a useful tool in this regard. While the modern games do use both female and male in most trainer types nowadays. There are specific types that are male or female exclusive. So I think making a handful of male only trainer types and sprinkling them through the game would help make at the very least some unique content for whatever percentage will be given towards male content.

1 Like

Alright! The game is progressing pretty well. Technically, the first two gyms are entirely playable all the way through! There are still some bugs that need ironing out though, and features that need to be implemented, among them, weight gain for the player. Because of this, it’s poll time!

• Self insert, Gender Neutral protagonist
  • Self insert, Female protagonist
  • Uniquely designed gender neutral protagonist
  • Uniquely designed female protagonist
0 voters

If you choose one of the latter two options, feel free to leave your ideas below!

3 Likes

ALRIGHT FOLKS!!! WE HAVE A DEMO RELEASE FOR YOU ALL!
Download here.

Currently Features:
Content up to beating Gym 2
Songs featuring pikmin OSTs and custom remixes of other songs in the soundfont of the same game
10 different lines of pokemon to train (it is only route 1, a forest, and two towns after all - expect this number to dramatically increase next update)
A bunch more than that to fight in gym and trainer battles
Custom Trainer types
Fatty events that give you items
player weight gain! wasn’t initially going to include this, but it’s in the game now at the request of the team!

Plans for the next update:
Create a proper title screen
Add an additional two gyms of content, which includes three new routes/biomes and all the content that comes with it
Fix the machines in the lab! Currently the gender machine is the only one functional, do not use any other machines!

Thank you to Kabkebab, the main coder on the project, LupusGamer, who polished up maps and did playtesting, ClockwiseCatnap, who helped with playtesting and concepts, and all of the other lovely people on the server who contributed their lovely ideas.

Have fun out there guys!

PS. Word of warning that this is not meant to be nuzlocked. You can, I guess, but it’s hard enough without nuzlocke

14 Likes

Whaaaaat is the MacOSX file for?

1 Like

I found a bug, if you lose before reaching some pokemon center, you respawn but you can’t move or do anything.

1 Like