P*kem*n Lard: A fatty centric P*kem*n region (THE 4 GYMS UPDATE) (Now with 100% less bugs and 300% less grinding!)

At the moment, it seems like the issue is most likely just coming from some where during the unpackaging process or from a bug during download. If you are still having issues. The best steps we can guess is to fully delete the non-working folder. Download the zipped folder again and making sure you unzip it properly. If the game is still compressed when you try to run the .exe, that will pretty much always cause issues with any game.

Apparently window security was messing with the unzipping process and corrupting the game.
I had to make an exception for it.
Then I deleted all builds of the game and redownloaded the new one and it worked.

1 Like

A lot of these errors have been fixed - Don’t forget to redownload the game!

Also - I am not planning to remove the abilities that limit certain pokemon’s weaknesses atm, but I am going to try to set up XP candies (the ones that give you experience, not rare candies that give you direct levels) on most routes to catch you up to the more difficult challenges with appropriate rapidity. I hate grinding probably more than the next guy, and I didn’t realize it was so very prevalent in this game.

That being said, I am also like. Very Sick right now. I may need to ask one of the other devs to help with doing this, cause I feel like Cameron in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

2 Likes

That’s actually interesting to learn… and in a roundabout way, still useful for a variant of my original purpose! I may not be able to use it to figure out where specifically a mon i’ve seen is, but i can use it crashing or not to know if various 'mon lines i’ve been looking at as dream starters are available elsewhere in the current iteration of the game, and which ones i can only get by the Dream. …Barring trademons or other nonstandard methods i suppose.

Relatedly, even on the new version it looks like i get an EventScriptError crash when trying to pull Bunneary out of the dream machine. (Edit: Sifting through them by googledoc order backwards to see if any other mons crash from the dream like this)

…Is there a place that gives any info on the type spreads of Fungus/Food? I suspect it may be latergame since i’ve been getting rocked by the Flavortown gym while still in the process of finding mons i actually like, but the googledoc mentions Fungus having a water immunity that looks to only be resistance ingame, and Food being an attacking type only which i’m assuming was supposed to mean “only appears on moves” which is not the case with Oddish… so i can’t really trust either of those lists and am not yet in a position to do trial-and-error science.

1 Like

For the dream machine, most likely a rogue typo somewhere and for the new types. There’s no info currently in game, but I think there’s stuff possibly in this thread and or in the discord

Edit: Also the Pokedex area section should be fixed when the fixed go live

1 Like

That may be the case… since the dream machine only accepts the exact spelling of “Bunneary”, when after a doublecheck the mon has only one N to its name.

Having sifted through the rest of the googledoc’s list, there’s one other that crashes from the dream; Hatenna, which is checked via correct spelling but may also have a 1-N or 2-T spelling error somewhere in the code maybe… and is listed as Hattena below its evo Hattrem in the doc (though that only seems to be an error in the name column).

1 Like

Yo yo yo, turns out I don’t know how to spell Bunneary. Still don’t and my phone auto corrected to that version I just typed. A different dev fixed it, so it’s chill. The issue with hatenna was that it has a different name that has now been updated on the sheet and in the machine. Those fixes will be live with the bug fixes coming out within a couple days

1 Like

Welp just got to the 4th gym and chrased

1 Like

I just redownload the same files while I was in the leader room. It worked after

1 Like

So Im trying to play this on Joiplay, but I keep getting an error, is there something you can do to take a look at this?

1 Like

Redownload it, should be fixed now

1 Like

If you look a little further up in the thread people are talking about it, I think you need a plugin and a different version of JOI play, but idk, never used it before.

1 Like

Final update:
Candy givers have been added! Redownload the game for a more quick and easy leveling experience with less grinding!

2 Likes

I just went around the whole map and couldn’t find the candy givers do I need a new save for them to appear?

1 Like

Are pokemon like gardevoir, and lopunny in it?

1 Like

they are indeend though where I do not tell

1 Like

I tried to do the whole thing that leads to evolving Kelplin into Harangler, but it didn’t work because none of the males disappeared. Probably because releasing Pokemon doesn’t work, so the males can’t disappear from the party.

1 Like

To echo what Glass said, Ralts is for sure in it, but idk if buneary can currently be caught. I’m not at my computer at the moment

1 Like

And you for sure had 1 fem kelplin and 5 make kelplin??

1 Like

Yes. I’ll try it again just to show you the party setup.

1 Like