Patch Notes (August 16th, 2016)

A special thanks to kestrel for helping me with the new event dialogs released in this update.

Change List:

[ul][li]Added Hunger bar along with the Hungry, Full, and Stuffed status effects.[/li]
[li]Added new food items for sale at the Grocer.[/li]
[li]Added a weight gain potion for sale at the Apothecary (a warning, it’s quite expensive lol)[/li]
[li]Added a few new weapons obtainable from events.[/li]
[li]Added 2 new events on Floor 1, Heavy Rock which has a strength check and Narrow Passage which has a Belly check.[/li]
[li]Added 1 new event on Floor 2, Banquet which has a willpower check.[/li]
[li]Reduced the defence of the Wooden Buckler to 3.[/li]
[li]Raised the prices of the intermediate gear for sale at the Blacksmith.[/li]
[li]Lowered the drop rate for gear from regular monsters; boss drop rates remain unchanged.[/li]
[li]Overhauled the main website layout making things more visually appealing.[/li][/ul]

For me the banquet event is quite problematic, I like having as much strength as possible, but with the banquet I reseted my willpower to 22 and still can’t resist. Every time I fail, end up in my bed (so it’s hard to progress in the tower’s floor), fatter (no big deal there) and poorer (last time I checked I lost 43 gold coins straight after the banquet, must be some bug). You should remove it or quickly fix it.

The hunger system is nice, I can finally lose weight in a confy way. At the very beginning I used to search for the fairy everywhere. It adds some nice variation but I guess it could be better. The status effects were quite nice to say at least.

The Grocer feels a lot more complete, instead of only burgers now you can choose which kind of meal you’ll have. I liked how you had the choice between healthy meals and more fattening ones. Maybe add drinks in the future?

I didn’t bother with the weight gain potion as I prefered to save money for the upcoming patches.

The heavy rock and the narrow passage make the game a tad more entertaining and complete, definitly a nice plus. Contrary to the banquet they don’t seem to be problematic in case you can’t complete them.

And congratulations on changing the website layout, it’s much more nicer to look at.

[quote=“Pachaking, post:2, topic:949”]For me the banquet event is quite problematic, I like having as much strength as possible, but with the banquet I reseted my willpower to 22 and still can’t resist. Every time I fail, end up in my bed (so it’s hard to progress in the tower’s floor), fatter (no big deal there) and poorer (last time I checked I lost 43 gold coins straight after the banquet, must be some bug). You should remove it or quickly fix it.

The hunger system is nice, I can finally lose weight in a confy way. At the very beginning I used to search for the fairy everywhere. It adds some nice variation but I guess it could be better. The status effects were quite nice to say at least.

The Grocer feels a lot more complete, instead of only burgers now you can choose which kind of meal you’ll have. I liked how you had the choice between healthy meals and more fattening ones. Maybe add drinks in the future?

I didn’t bother with the weight gain potion as I prefered to save money for the upcoming patches.

The heavy rock and the narrow passage make the game a tad more entertaining and complete, definitly a nice plus. Contrary to the banquet they don’t seem to be problematic in case you can’t complete them.

And congratulations on changing the website layout, it’s much more nicer to look at.[/quote]

Thank you for the feedback. I outlined the changes I will make to the Banquet event in your bug report thread which should fix that issue.

Any ideas how I could make the passive weight loss work better? Right now you lose weight by a small % each tick depending on how fat you are (if you get really really big you end up losing a significant amount of pounds every tick whereas if you stay slim the loss is negligible). I didn’t want to make it too extreme or too slow so I tried to find a balance. Anyone who wants to lose a large amount of weight would need to sleep on an empty stomach however many times as necessary.

Ya I can add drinks, I guess I overlooked that :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the best solution concerning the weight changes would be adding small, medium and large weight gain / loss potions in the store, instead of just a single, very costly weight gain one.

Concerning the hunger system it’s an interesting question (and system). I would suggest this;

0 - starving (all stats -20%) (after x amount of ticks / time, weight loss increases by 10%)
500 - hungry (agility +20%, everything else -10%)
1000 - full (all stats +15%)
1500 - stuffed (strength and health +20%, everything else -10%)
2000 - near bursting (health +30%, everything else -20%) (get knocked out if trying to go past 2000)

There could also be a possibility where if you spent a certain amount in starving or near bursting mode, your stomach capacity is going to slightly decrease or increase.

[quote=“Pachaking, post:4, topic:949”]I think the best solution concerning the weight changes would be adding small, medium and large weight gain / loss potions in the store, instead of just a single, very costly weight gain one.

Concerning the hunger system it’s an interesting question (and system). I would suggest this;

0 - starving (all stats -20%) (after x amount of ticks / time, weight loss increases by 10%)
500 - hungry (agility +20%, everything else -10%)
1000 - full (all stats +15%)
1500 - stuffed (strength and health +20%, everything else -10%)
2000 - near bursting (health +30%, everything else -20%) (get knocked out if trying to go past 2000)

There could also be a possibility where if you spent a certain amount in starving or near bursting mode, your stomach capacity is going to slightly decrease or increase.[/quote]

I’m not sure I like the 10% weight loss after an amount of ticks, that seems very abrupt. Unless you mean like, you lose 10% more than what you were losing previously per tick? I could get behind that though I’ll need to add a new variable like “intTicksHunger” or something to keep track of how long you were hungry/starving for.

The incremental buffs seem pretty cool, I could also get behind those. Right now they work in terms of percentages which I think makes more sense (<10% capacity is hungry, 100-120% is full, 121%+ is stuffed). Though I don’t know about having an increase to agility when you’re hungry? Or being knocked out if you try going past your max capacity. I feel like that could get pretty annoying. The stomach capacity increase is a good idea, definitely. Again, I’d have to add a variable to keep track of how long you’ve been stuffed.

The weight potions will actually require a bit of work, since right now the weight gain potion is like a normal food item with an absurd amount of calories. So it takes extra long to digest and the weight gain is incremental and small over time. To make them directly influence weight I’d need to add a new table to the database to keep track of secondary stat changes for items. It’s something that should happen anyway though if I wanna make like, special gear that applies debuffs to enemies or special effects.

Yeah you got it right. The new variable sounds nice, if it becomes too hard just leave it. I imagine that hunger weight loss “bonus” could work 3 times, for example you would be losing 1 pound (x amounf of time)==> 1.1 pounds (x amount of time)==> 1.21 pounds (max).

Percentages is the best, most accurate system in my opinion, I only used limits because I was kinda lazy and wanted to just copy what I saw in the game. I agree, I wanted to be “fair” and add some advantage when the character was being hungy but I guess it doesn’t make much sense, and instead we could encourage overeating with these buffs. For the knocked out part I suggested that because I don’t really like how you’re supposed to be stuffed but can keep eating. I think your weight could also influence your stomach capacity? I’ll let you see.

Oh, for the potions I thought it would be an instant change. Good luck with that then, it’s true that it’s easier to put it as food.

YEAH UPDATE
Cryptic rulez.
I like the updated design.
I managed to fail narrow-passage event when the character reached 450+ pounds