Patch Notes (July 30th, 2016)

Hi everyone, I hope your summer is going well! I’m here with a long overdue update.

Change List:

[ul][li]Added procedurally generated floor maps to the game. Each time you enter a floor, it will be different from the last time. Enemy and event spawns are generated when the floor loads.[/li]
[li]New starting weapons are added to the tutorial event for you to choose from.[/li]
[li]New items are for sale at the Blacksmith in town.[/li]
[li]New enemy on the first floor: Rat.[/li]
[li]New boss on the first floor: Goblin Chief. He drops a hammer.[/li]
[li]New floor! Floor 2. Available after defeating the goblin chief on floor 1.[/li]
[li]New enemies on floor 2: Skeleton, Armoured Skeleton, Skeleton Mage.[/li]
[li]New boss on floor 2: Black Succubus. She drops her succubus corset.[/li]
[li]Added stats to items in the item description in your inventory as well as a mouseover when buying items from a shop.[/li]
[li]Leveling up carries over experience if you go over your max exp.[/li]
[li]Stat balancing to accomodate floor 2 monsters. Most notable is you gain 1 hp per level now.[/li]
[li]Combat layout has been updated to be easier to read. Still could use work I think but this will do for now.[/li][/ul]

Bug Fixes:

[ul][li]Logging in spawns you in town to prevent stuck characters in combat events.[/li]
[li]Fixed a bug with shops where if there was an item in the list with 0 as a quantity and another with a non-zero quantity it would error saying you need to select a quantity.[/li]
[li]Fixed apothecary and grocer’s shop from not showing up.[/li]
[li]Added security to events to prevent post injection.[/li]
[li]Fixed a bug where resetting stats would leave you with your old hp.[/li][/ul]

Woo! Giving it a whirl, mores stuff and enemies feel more challenging, having fun. One request - can you repost what the different stats do? I know it’s out there somewhere, but I can’t find it and I’m not sure if I’m leveling the right stats. (Goblinboss is strong!)

Primary Stats:

[ul][li]Strength - 2 per 1 physical damage, also reduces immobility effect from being overweight[/li]
[li]Intelligence - 2 per 1 magic damage, 3 per 1 magic defence[/li]
[li]Agility - 2 per reduction on your wait time between attacks, 1 per 2 evasion, 1 per 2 flee resistance, 1 per 2 flee rate[/li]
[li]Vitality - 2 per 1 hp, 3 per 1 physical defence[/li]
[li]Willpower - 4 per additional damage, 1 per status effect success rate, 1 per 2 status effect resistance[/li]
[li]Dexterity - 1 per 2 accuracy, 1 per 2 crit rate, 1 per crit resistance[/li][/ul]

Secondary Stats (can be increased thru stats or directly thru skills/equips):

[ul][li]Max HP[/li]
[li]Physical Damage - damage dealt by physcial weapons and skills[/li]
[li]Physical Defence - directly reduces physical damage taken[/li]
[li]Magic Damage - damage dealt by magic weapons and skills[/li]
[li]Magic Defence - directly reduces magic damage taken[/li]
[li]Additional Damage - RNG final damage that is not affected by skill multipliers, but is affected by crit modifiers[/li]
[li]Accuracy - base 100%[/li]
[li]Evasion - base 0%[/li]
[li]Block Rate - base 0% unless you have shield, then its 5%[/li]
[li]Pierce Rate - chance of resisting an enemy block[/li]
[li]Block Reduction - Base x0.5[/li]
[li]Crit Rate[/li]
[li]Crit Resistance[/li]
[li]Crit Damage - Base x1.5[/li]
[li]Status Effect Rate[/li]
[li]Status Effect Resistance[/li]
[li]Flee Rate[/li]
[li]Flee Resistance[/li]
[li]Wait Time - base 250, increases/decreases according to gear worn (heavier gear adds more) and skills used, greatly increased by immobility rate[/li]
[li]Immobility Rate - based on your BMI[/li]
[li]Immobility Resistance[/li][/ul]

Level up rewards:
+1 hp, +1 additional damage

That is a lot of back-end stuff to keep track of. But it’s pretty cool to know what does what now. And everything definitely feels…better, I guess is the word. Maybe more involved is a better way to say it.

I don’t know if any of it is worth starting a new thread over, so I’ll just post some observations here:

• The new map system is pretty neat, although everything seems to be tile-based. Would be neat if maybe items, etc. were tied to specific tiles but non-event enemies could be randomly generated (a dice roll whenever you move, etc.).
  • There’s an option to leave shops, but from there the only option you have is to re-enter the shop, unless you click to go to another part of town or the tower.
  • It’s been a couple updates since I’ve played, but none of my characters have the tutorial armor any more. Some characters - presumably the ones who were wearing the cursed armor? - seem to be unable to equip any sort of clothing despite not having any equipped or even in their inventory.
  • Is level 10 the current max? Experience is still gained at the end of battle, but the count stays at 0.

[quote=“jimbobvii, post:5, topic:920”]I don’t know if any of it is worth starting a new thread over, so I’ll just post some observations here:

• The new map system is pretty neat, although everything seems to be tile-based. Would be neat if maybe items, etc. were tied to specific tiles but non-event enemies could be randomly generated (a dice roll whenever you move, etc.).
  • There’s an option to leave shops, but from there the only option you have is to re-enter the shop, unless you click to go to another part of town or the tower.
  • It’s been a couple updates since I’ve played, but none of my characters have the tutorial armor any more. Some characters - presumably the ones who were wearing the cursed armor? - seem to be unable to equip any sort of clothing despite not having any equipped or even in their inventory.
  • Is level 10 the current max? Experience is still gained at the end of battle, but the count stays at 0.[/quote]
  1. Yeah I could do that, though none of the events in the tiny pool I have had needed a fixed spawn place. I could see something like a magical fountain being fixed in the centre of the map or a tree that grows in the center where there’s a hole in the ceiling.

2. I could add another Return option in the Shop entrance, though clicking “Commercial District” on the nav menu would do the same thing. But if it’s wanted I can add it.

3. There were a lot of early bugs that happened with the enchanted armour and characters getting stuck in combat if they logout during combat. I’ve fixed them and tried to fix all the affected characters in one fell swoop but I guess I missed some still. If you have bugged characters you want to be un-bugged I can do that manually for me if you PM your username and character names.

4. Level 10 is the max, yeah. I could add more levels but I think being overleveled for the next floors takes away from the fun : ^)

I really liked this update. I particularly liked the intro for the succubus. It really helped set the mood for the fight. I’m not sure if you have it planned for but It’d be awesome if you could force feed the succubus after you beat her, sorta like how you force feed the tutorial fairy.

Somebody tell me I’m not the only one who tried in vain to find a way to lose to the tutorial fairy! :stuck_out_tongue:

You are not the only one… :I

If I try to lose and fail, which have I done?