Pet Project

I love this game I like how the npcs have different things they do my favorite character has got to be Faris I would like there to be more options on what the npcs do with the character and be able to choose what they do but this is still a great game either way

Whew… Sorry for not responding. I needed to take a couple days to go out and touch some grass… God how I missed grass… Now to finally respond to some stuff.

That does not surprise me. When I was writing everything up, I did so from a female NPC perspective, with a variable that would reflect male NPCs if the player chose it. However, as you (and at least a couple others) can tell, I had a few instances when I was writing using a pronoun instead of the variable I was supposed to. I had meant to go through and hunt down all of these mistakes but I completely ran out of energy toward the end of the jam and wasn’t able to get it done. I will be going through soon to fix up all those mistakes for if and when we update the game.

It should be possible, however I might not suggest it. We did some adjustments to the games code that might cause some issues if you load a save from before.

This being an example of one of the bugs we ‘hopefully’ fixed for 1.1

That is because it was. Everything not in 1.0 was done in the day between when I first posted and the end of the jam. Idknw and I had both been working most of that Saturday to get the first demo up, and then after I posted I kept working straight (aside a 6 hour work shift and a 2 hour nap) til I finished all the writing. We wanted to add another date for each lover and a double date as a capstone (if you accepted both confessions) which would lead into the respective endings, that way we could say the game was ‘complete’ for the jam.

Daggumit…

You and me both… I normally need to revise my writings (and oftentimes just rewrite everything) a couple times before I am satisfied with what I put out. But it was all I could do to get out what I did with a first draft…
As for the infinite loop, that was never really supposed to be a part of our submission for the jam. We wanted a closed loop that would end. However, we do have ‘plans’ to uncap the game soon so you will get that infinite loop back from 1.0. I won’t promise much more written content, because I am returning my focus to my main project after this.… It’s been a year since I last updated Unfullfilling Isekai Simulator… But the infinite loop will be one of the things we bring back if and when we update this pet project.

Now for a final note on this too long of a comment…

This was my first time working in RenPy, and idknw’s first time programming a game here. We’re glad people seemed to enjoy our game despite my bad writing. And given the large quantity and impressive quality of all the entries in this year’s jam, every bit of praise and positive critique we have gotten feels that much better.

4 Likes

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 50.0
Use of Theme: 50.0
Art: 0.0
Writing: 4.0
Music & Sound: 0.0
Mechanics: 3.0
Game Concept 4.0
Use of Fetish 6.0