Pet Project

ROOSTERS AND HENS! EGGS AND CHIKIN NUGGETS!
We present to you A Game! Set in a World, YOU pick up playing as a CHARACTER!
This game now has an ENDING, and that is to go with the BEGINNING! TWO for ONE deal!

This is idknw and mythical-chikin’s submission:
Pet-Project
Pet Project by mythical-chikin (itch.io)

We are currently on version 1.1

The programming for this game was done by the indefatigible idknw. While the writing was done by a future KFC 4 piece meal. My writing is still bad, and probably worse than normal because I forgot how to sleep this past however long this thing has been. Have fun, stay hydrated, and remember that sleep is good for you

24 Likes

First, sorry about the code, I think I made it too confusing. I started it before the writing and some of my ideas got in the way of the writing. In the end, it became like that. So if you are a masochist, go read the code.

About the game in code terms, after the jam I’m going to release a version without some gatekeeping, almost impossible to lose and with an infinite loop.

About the game content, I can’t talk much about it. However, I wanted to try and make a game that having the backing of a programming language (using some engine like RenPy, Unity, Twine, Godot…), makes the player and the other characters not be locked by sex. The same can be said about who gains weight and who doesn’t. Some games did that before, but there are a lot that still don’t do this. (And if you look at the code, the game was written with a MxF perspective, so it can be adapted to the developers preferences)

3 Likes

I just wanted to say, hands down my favorite submission to the Gain Jam in years, and probably top five games in general.

I can’t wait to see what else you add later and if you add anymore features.

Only bug I ran into was at 1035lbs my character stopped gaining, but the two npcs continued on and left my character in the dust. I fixed it by taking one of them to lunch for one and one.

1 Like

It’s a good game but it has a bug

I think it’s in the part where the first day ends (The truth is that I don’t know much English, only the basics)

This is a well-written visual novel, which is unfortunately pretty rare here, but the gameplay loop felt really slow and a little tedious. I must have went through a dozen days and only gained about that many pounds, without anything actually changing. The ‘pet project’ never actually made any visible progress.

1 Like

It looks like turning on skip makes your weight stop going up? The other two work normally, but you only gain if you press through the few hundred stuffed events manually.

Otherwise, a bit repetitive, but still really great!

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was this, but the player character can only gain if his weight is less or equal to the lightest of the lovers.

Could you tell me how it happened?
How many confessions did you accept? If it was only one, this bug should be fixed in the final version.

There are ways to increase the number of days that you have to gain weight. However, as I said before, I’m planning to release another version after the jam.

This isn’t our final submission yet, it’s just a preview.

Were you heavier than one of the other characters?

1 Like

Ah, that must have been it. That’s a bit unintuitive, does it tell you anywhere that this is the limit?

1 Like

Chikin added it for the final version. (I’m only the programmer)
(I can’t even do a hidden mechanic nowdays Sadge =/ )

Great to see you working on another Game Jam, always love your writing and character work. Good stuff!

1 Like

Whew. Sorry about that terrible initial post, usually I actually have a sense of humor, or at least a face ugly enough to make people laugh. But at the time of that last post I was in the stage of sleep deprivation where my sense of humor fails me.

Well ain’t worry folks, because in the 26 hours since the initial post, I have made sure to get an entire hour of sleep! Here’s hoping I’m not actually dreaming this…

ROOSTERS AND HENS! EGGS AND CHIKIN NUGGETS!
We present to you A Game! Set in a World, YOU pick up playing as a CHARACTER!
This game now has an ENDING, and that is to go with the BEGINNING! TWO for ONE deal!

This is idknw and mythical-chikin’s submission:
Pet-Project
Pet Project by mythical-chikin (itch.io)

We are currently on version 1.1

The programming for this game was done by the indefatigible idknw. While the writing was done by a future KFC 4 piece meal. My writing is still bad, and probably worse than normal because I forgot how to sleep this past however long this thing has been. Have fun, stay hydrated, and remember that sleep is good for you

5 Likes

uhh when you open the folder it still says 1.0? is that like, normal?

I am technologically challenged and I forgot to rename the file inside the folder.
It is the correct file though Don’t worry

2 Likes

also i wanna mention that even with npcs set to male, sometimes their names are the female version, like in the start of day 3

Is it possible to bring my safe file from 1.0 to 1.1 or nah?

Uploading: image.png…
Literality day 2 and start bug

Really enjoyed it, kinda stuck with the wolf girl specifically, but the ending felt kinda rushed. Was hoping for a bit more content towards the end of it. The start of the game was just jam packed with so much amazing detail and amazingly well written. Would’ve just hoped the ending i got could’ve been better. Need to replay for the other endings tho.

1 Like

agreed but this was for the gain jam after all, lets hope this gets more updates in the future

Slight glitch/typo here where it shows the female names when I picked male lovers.

While I enjoyed the reading, the update from 1.0 to 1.1 have left me… unsatisfied?

While in the 1.0 you had a infinite loop of stuffing with the lovers and keep gaining weight, with the update, things are rushed to get to the finale.
I would like (if it will ever updated again after the Jam) a slower pace, where you stuff/get stuffed by your lovers and get know them more and a bit more of content in the 3 “test” days.

In any case, it was a nice entry.

1 Like