[PlushieParsnips's Pandaemonium Project!!] -- Pre-Alpha 1 Release

Progress Report #1 – October 1st, 2022

Yo! Giving a bit of an update on how things have been going!
That which I will admit, it has been…slow. Depression is a bitch and I’ve been kind of busy with other responsibilities, but I have been at least tweaking things and fixing the major issues from the first release. Major things include a less headache-inducing battle camera, fixing the slow text, and fine-tuning the controls and UI some more. I will try to dedicate some time over the next few weeks to get another build out soon, but no promises on if I will be able to get things up in a reasonable manner.

I do have at least a lore tidbit I would like to explain in its broad context. So, without further ado…

Pandaemonium Fun Factz!!
Epiosde 1: What is a Demon?!

A Demon is someone within the Galatea Cosmos that has obtained, whether intentionally or unwittingly, Forbidden Knowledge. This usually is the result of a rogue demonic spirit, otherwise known as a Shikigami, possessing a host for an extended period of time, to the point that their soul is effectively no different from the Shikigami themselves. Once one is fully possessed, their characteristics become influenced by the Shikigami possessing them, usually with heavy physical and emotional changes. While they can have all their memories intact, they are spiritually and legally not the same person. As such, it is said they have been Reborn into a new, demonic form, both by the Celestials under the Big G, and by other demons.

This is mostly likely to happen to human women at the age of 18, many times on the dot, though other races may have some other common demonification times.

There is no consistent form to demons, as Shikigami are composed of desires and ideas and imaginations of all kinds of races within the Galatea Cosmos. Some may have horns, some may have blue or purple skin, some may have more heads or arms, some may swap genders. Some may be nicer, some may be meaner, most become hungrier, more lustful, and emotional overall. Some may have no changes at all! It is not one physical or emotional change that tells one is a demon, as it is the spiritual alteration and access to the Forbidden Knowledge that makes one a demon.

As long as one remains ignorant of the Forbidden Knowledge, maintain their weekly purification ritual, and remain in the good will of the Big G and their celestial servants, one should remain free of demonhood…

…SHOULD, being the operative word…

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to where this could lead, it’s an interesting concept at the very least.

1 Like

I don’t care about Kemnomimis, but I’d immediately be on board this game if there were anthro playables, especially if there was something more exotic than your usual wolf / Fox / bunny / etc.

1 Like

While I am admittedly a fan of the classics and not particularly an artist, I do plan on having at least 2 -tauric characters in the game and some form of playable beastmen/furries, as well as some less than standard approaches.

After all, the Demon form of a beastman is known as a Chimera, so I would like to try to be rather unique.

1 Like

As long as at least one of the characters is free of human Aesthetics like a face or skin, I’m happy.

==Progress Report #2 – October 29th, 2022==

It’s going to be a picture heavy PR today, bear with me!

So, I’m doing fairly well in terms of progress, much of this month’s work was continuing to work on the foundational aspects and UI of the game. Pre-Release 2 still won’t have much in terms of story, as stated before, but I am hoping to get a preliminary look at Breast/Belly/Butt Expansion and how it will be handled, and possibly how Pregnancy will function. The Vore System will also be cleaned up some, as well as various bugs resolved. Pre-Release 2 may also fiddle around with alternate means of repackaging the distributable, I’ve heard packaging and shipping your game with Electron will improve performance.

For some sneak peeks into how the game may be looking at in Pre-Release 2:

Main Goals with the Project

I want to take this section of my Progress Report to talk about my main ideas about what I have in mind for the game. I know it is definitely awkward to have a project so undercooked and kind of directionless in terms of initial impressions, so I want to have a bit of a ground to stand on and talk about what to expect.

Ultimately, I want to have something akin to a mission-based dungeon crawler, something I can easily expand and add onto, as well as stop once I feel like I’ve satisfied a lot of my desires. I don’t necessarily have a longterm vision, I can be a bit flighty and “in-the-moment”, so to speak. Even a lot of the core ideas I came up with when making the original opening post sort of came and went and came back (I really should draft up a design doc, lmao…). The most important part for me is that I created something that resonated with people, that it feels like a game as much as a fetish experience, to create something that’s my personal “Fetish Touhou” in terms of setting, appeal, and characters, and that I can showcase my expertise with RPGmaker. I have no plans or desire to abandon or orphan this any time soon.

Something that really empowered me (and reminded me that I need to update the Inspiration list~) was seeing the amazing work done with @herokero’s Fatties Eating Fatties! The amount of ambition and craftsmanship that goes into that project really blew me away and made me want to double down and follow in its footsteps! I’m…definitely not trying to copy it, but it does show that I don’t necessarily have to hold back my ambitious side. I’ll try to, of course, limit scope creep to the best of my abilities.

Onto the fat-n’-juicy parts, I should bring up the sizes and fetish appearances I hope to encapture in Pandaemonium Project!!, either through art or writing. When we truly begin our adventures in Pandaemonium, you’ll see some students and faculty already at pretty large sizes in at least one fashion or another! My main goal in terms of sizes would be something akin to the following:

NSFW Pics of Weight Sizes

https://twitter.com/zeruxu/status/1570254694278393857
https://twitter.com/0Lightsource/status/1570928054649884672
https://twitter.com/KoobyBooby/status/1581874732517187585/
https://twitter.com/P4T4C0N/status/1554534213294096384
https://twitter.com/BLUEspice69/status/1558391473393246209
https://twitter.com/kurocazenosora/status/1584521987577155586
https://twitter.com/aurnxse/status/1583683524611428352
Kobayashi’s Tasty Dragon Maid (3) by cvetkanille on DeviantArt

I want the girls to look and feel huge as you grow in power and size. I want you to feel like they are size queens, broodmothers, absolute units of women. I want you to feel pride in the fact that you had a hand in developing their figures. I want to feel like you are always growing into SOMETHING large, even if you end up fluctuating in weights. I’m still drafting up ideas onto HOW, but I want everyone to feel like they had a fun and enticing time.

Of course, this is just the weight-gain side of the equation. What goes in, must come out is the rather unfortunate circumstance our heroines must deal with eventually in our adventures. It will definitely be “clean” as it can be, but this will be a messy adventure to say the least! Remember! Both Slob and ABDL are two themes I wish to showcase!:

NSFL Pics of Slob and ABDL Content

https://twitter.com/daisy_fingers/status/1567229969448697856
https://twitter.com/Andeddo3Boo/status/1586230044724076544
https://twitter.com/Andeddo3Boo/status/1577851087100551168
< Because I’m Your Mom by okayokayokok on DeviantArt>
< Gassy Parasite by okayokayokok on DeviantArt>
< Diaper Street Interview Gone Wrong by okayokayokok on DeviantArt>
< 1195 Contest winner by SketchMan-DL on DeviantArt>
< Pwuff the magic dragon by Derpaggedon on DeviantArt>
<Danica and the Fatty, Gassy Idol [by batspid2] by Garlickey on DeviantArt>
<Indescision by leshawk on DeviantArt>
< COMMISSION: Coaster14 by leshawk on DeviantArt>
https://twitter.com/GennHauhnArts/status/1573144204959797248

(Pics are unembedded for security purposes).

I’ll admit, some of this stuff might be more inspirational to the project than the weight gain selection, haha!

Hopefully you can help guide our fledgling demons to the cough cough proper receptacles, or at least know how to clean up after them… No one said the path to power was a clean or classy road…

Many of the artists showcase can use your love, and I hope to show off some more in future updates! I

Ultimately, as a personal passion project, I really would like you all to delve into my mind and see what we can come up together! The fun of this project was always going to be the engagement for me, and it is your involvement that will help me keep up the pace of the production! With that said…

Viewer Engagement!!

I’m thinking of slightly altering the title from Pandaemonium Project!! to Pandaemonium Phantasy Project!! I’ll admit, it IS a little too many P’s going on, especially since I’m probably not dropping the “PlushieParsnips’s” part as well from the logo… And I’m not keen on dropping “Project” part, because there’s not a lot of games that have that name and it is a reference to the main inspiration, Touhou Project. Plus it would leave it sounding a bit too generic for my liking…

Would like your input on this small quibble of mines that’s been bothering me all month.

With that said, I hope to see you guys next week with Pre-Release 2! Ciao~!

10 Likes

I’m glad to see that you are still working on this with a ton of passion. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how the fetish elements will be implemented. Something that I’d like to suggest while the project is still in it’s (very) early stages is to hold back on the larger sizes early on in the game. It might not be this way for everyone, but for me at least once I see a certain size for the first time it loses its impact. Good luck with whatever last minute adjustments that you need to make before releasing the next build.

1 Like

Thank you!

I haven’t been working on art, as stated I am more a programmer and writer than a sprite artist. So it will take time to release larger sizes, especially since I want to experiment with taller sprites and sprite layering to figure how to make a good look. So no need to worry about getting spoiled on the big stuff any time soon. Still, this stuff is in the plans, and I hope that my modicrum of skill in the area isn’t TOO disappointing for when I get to it!

2 Likes

But PlusParsnips, what about those that purposefully aim to make the characters as slobby/messy as possible? Will they be able to avoid anything as horrible as cleaning? :3

Current plans would be that, while most characters would prefer to be clean to avoid debuffs, there would be a series of Passive Skills that negate or invert the penalties for such, Talents that improve based on dirtiness, and special auras that let the party enjoy your stench.

Push comes to shove, if it is easy to clean up, it will be easy to mess yourself up.

1 Like

Oh hell yeah, that sounds great! Really looking forward to it then :3 :3 :3

Just did some playing on the base engine of the 1.1. Overall for me it seems to have a slick and crisp feel. Even little things like the custom cursor and the dust when running make it apparent that effort has been made in getting this feel. (Incidentally, if you were worried that the dust running would be distracting for somebody whom always had run on, it’s not for me.) My only real issue was that it took longer than I’d like to resolve a failed escape.

I really like the level up screen, as it clearly shows what has changed by having the before/after side by side.

I appreciate the slider that adjusts the combat animation speeds. On normal I found its speed a little bit slow, but turning it up to fast made things really start popping.

I like how the combatants jump up to each other. And I like the way the vore works- that seems really slick. Something always happens when you use the Eat spell- I really like that. I look forward to seeing how Panic works from the player angle. Just from some quick playing through the dungeon, it seems like eating is the best strategy to put down enemies quickly after hitting them a little bit first. It will be interesting to see how balancing the vore mechanic works out in a greater context once more of the game gets fleshed out.

It took me a little bit to really put everything together on how the flow of combat works, but once I did I have to say I really liked how the individual little boost dots and the overall team actions dots work together. With the gradual escalation of actions and the vore, I can see potential for interesting strategies to develop later down in the game’s development. I see synergy in the elements.

1 Like

I can make the characters get and stay extra slobby? That’s not something you can get just anywhere. I’m definitely looking forward to that.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words, just about everything I wanted to hear~. I hope to provide some neat synergies, like using multiple boosts on an ally’s belly to repeatedly slap someone within, or having to use them to increase your odds of escape!

While I can’t say I will go SUPER indepth with the slob system, I do hope to make it that if you want a party of Nurgle-ites, I think you should be pleasantly surprised on what you can pull off and what it can save you from.

2 Likes

Bleh, several family emergencies came up, just going have to delay my update to later next week. I’ll see if I can get something out by next Monday? No promises…

3 Likes

Okay, so I’ve been busy with other projects that made it hard to finish up my ideas for the next release.
I wouldn’t say there is too much content, but I’m willing to release a 1.5 update tomorrow to show that I’m still creating it.

It has some more mechanics, cleans up the code, and showcases some more ideas for an eventual fuller Alpha, but the maps are still the same and the fetish systems I meant to show off aren’t 100% complete yet.

How would you all like to see it? Would you prefer waiting, even if there’s no clear ETA for another release, or would you prefer seeing what I got, even if it isn’t that much more interesting than the initial one?

In other news, one of the other projects I am involved in, Icarue and 6Six6’s Oathbreakers, just had a public release and my writing is involved in it! Check it out if you guys want to see some of my work in a game!

Oathbreaker (tfgames.site)

4 Likes

I’d rather wait longer to get a more finished product. I don’t care about getting new content on a regular schedule if it means that what we do get is truncated. As long as there are occasional “Hey I’m still working.” updates then I’m fine with however long it takes to get the next portion of a game.

2 Likes

Personally, I’m fine with whatever. Though it’d be nice to see what you have so far, you can wait and give us something a little closer to a full Alpha later if that would take some stress off your shoulders. I mean, honestly…
We’ve waited this long.
We can handle a little more.

2 Likes

Won’t flag this for “Update Begging”, as you are right. Lemme give you a quick rundown of things.
Generally, I’ve been trying to support another project and this has been taking up my time and motivation away from Pandaemonium Project!!. It genuinely wasn’t supposed to take up so much of my time, but the work order have been rather messy and difficult to get things out. It’s supposed to be more a surprise I’m working on it, but its best I give you something. I’m not inclined to mention WHAT said project is, only that you will know once its out.

Also I’ve been sort of waiting on plugin updates to sort out compatibility issues with the original build and figure out how to handle my current ideas.

Trust me, I haven’t abandoned PP, it has been a constant source of outright fever dreams and wet nights these past 3 months. I just haven’t been giving it the priority I should have, especially as I felt like no one else cared and I felt like I have to restructure the game should said compat issues are just unresolvable. In the meantime, mostly just been working on the setting and overall gameplay concepts, but I should get back to actually working on things soon enough.

Thanks for understanding.

6 Likes

Thanks a ton for that! It’s a relief to know, that’s for sure! Also, I’m glad you seem really excited about this “you’ll know it when you see it” project.

3 Likes