Bug found.

1. Start new game.
  2. Skip intro.
  3. Go to menu → class → subclass
  4. Choose any class.

The game freezes, with the following message:

TypeError
this._animation.timings is not iterable

Encounter rate is high as mix between testing purposes and how steps are currently counted. They will be lower in the full game/future builds (if not an entirely different encounter system), but your advice has been noted. I will also continue working on performance, but do note you should have a minimum of 8GB of RAM for MZ titles for the record. Otherwise, yes, that is very much inexcusable and I will see how to resolve it.

Both furry and kemonomimi content will be in the game. No content switch, just having both means of beast people in the game. I like to cover my bases.

Bug noted. Classes are not something I’ve tested because I didn’t really make any, but I might have an idea or two why this is happening. Also hi, Marius~

EDIT: Bug has been fixed for now, it is a result of animations being played in the menu and how one plugin responds not so kindly to that. Will look into why, but future builds won’t have this issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried again while looking at my RAM, and I had multiple gigs that were unused with 16 total and still experienced slowdown, particularly with the battle system in general, although the reason for that seems to be al least partially known. As for the encounter rate, it’s more so that I was passionate about the subject and wanted it caught at an early stage if it was something that was missed rather than an attack on you specifically.

Strange…
If you have a graphics card over integrated graphics, make sure you set it up so that RPGMaker is using it over integrated graphics.
Dramatically Improve Game Performance for Devs and Players! (MV and MZ) (second big discovery, GPU related) | RPG Maker Forums (rpgmakerweb.com)
You can follow this thread’s directions on how to. Otherwise I’ll continue to look into ways to improve and optimize the game. A good reason why I released this so early is to actually get some feedback on my potential audience’s machines and how much I can push the engine with my ideas.

Also thank you for the kind words and optimism, I hope I well-exceed your expectations.

That fix seemed to do the trick. You should probably put it in the OP, if only because of how useful it can be. I paid more attention to the escape command and noticed that it skips your opponent’s turn when used. That might be to test if the command works, but I just thought I’d mention it.

One last thing that I’d like to ask is how prevalent you plan on different fetishes being. Their is a pretty long list of what you want to include and they don’t all go together particularly well. Lord knows that I’m excited to see a game with slob in it and there are more fetishes listed that I’m into than I’d like to admit, and there’s no guarantee that all of them will make it into the game, but I feel like what is and isn’t planned to be vital should be explained at the beginning even if it is subject to change.

Finally, thank you for being ambitious with your fetish work.

Yay, happy that it works! I don’t have an APU, so I never had any kind of performance issues with these games and I was unsure if it was worth bringing it up compared to RAM issues. But I’ll make sure more people know about the fix. I’ll have some minimal system requirements and full installation instructions once I understand how I feel like sending the title out.

The Escape thing is something I should have put in Known Issues, I’ve been looking into that. This one I’m less sure how to fix, but I do know it’s been…finnicky. I felt like it was rarer than I originally had, but it does appear to be really bugged. I’m working to make sure Escapes will be a 100% sure thing in combat (with maybe the penalty of sending you back to the beginning of the room/dungeon), so maybe a Common Event per Troop should fix that…?

In terms of fetish priority, vore, ABDL, slob, pregnancy, and weight gain are the most important for me to get down (in no particular order). Those are the ones I am most interested getting right on a mechanical and theming level, while others can be added through missions, relationship events, and overall writing. Only thing I am unsure about the most is Drug Use, but I do want at least one “munchie”-related incident that happens.
The most important aspects to me are those I feel like would make for fun scenarios that would be more in the player’s hands than just some long scene or throwaway gag. If I feel like the player gains some kind of temporary or permament consequence or reward through engaging with these acts, it will be something I put a lot more effort into included. I can be persuaded into more or less content, especially as I seek for interesting mission designs, but I do know the five above will be things that are, to a point, non-negotiable in how much love and care I put into them on a system and worldbuilding design.

Finally, thank you so much for the kind words! I really do hope you continue following along and give me support in this adventure. I’ll admit, I can be very easily discouraged by a lack of engagement or feeling like people don’t see value in what I am trying to do, so you and the others --even those just curious and want to ask a question-- have been wonderful in staving off the despair. I hope I end up making something, if not to your liking, at least something you will have a very interesting and worthwhile time with.

1 Like

I hope you’re not surprised that I post bugs. You should’ve gotten used to that from 6Six6’s space now.

I’m unable to search in the page to see if others have reported the same as me. Apologies in advance if I’m bringing up old news.

It’s not all that much to test yet. A tech demo, as you said. I see several interesting ideas, and I’m curious how they turn out. The system for eating is original, and may need some ironing out.

The resolution is a bit weird. Everything is a bit grainy, particularly the text. What is the native resolution supposed to be?

Found another bug. To reproduce:

1. Enter combat.
  2. Hit ‘x’ to go to the fight/auto/options menu.
  3. Enter options.
  4. Leave options again with ‘x’.

TypeError:
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘height’)

Yeah, you are definitely pretty good at that~. You can CTRL + F to search for things inside the thread.
Resolution is natively 1680 x 800, which I know is kind of weird. In Window Mode the fonts look fine, but it definitely looks grainy when you maximize it. You can activate Full Screen and Scretch Screen modes in the option menus to rectify it at the expense of real-estate, but I’ll look into see how to have some better Nearest Neighbor Pixel Perfect Resolution scaling.

Bug noted, but not replicable…? I have tried it over and over in both the release and testing builds and I cannot trigger that on my end, no matter how many times I do it. Please keep me updated if this continues to be an issue.

I’m unsure how much to comment on. As a tech demo, it doesn’t need to be even remotely balanced of anything. For example, the Eat system is way too powerful as it doubles as both great damage and crowd control. But who really cares at this point.

I tried Ctrl+F to search in the page for Resolution, and it shows four hits, but it will only scroll to two of them – the ones from my last post.

I can’t reproduce the bug from earlier, so that’s… good or bad?

By the way, if you need an different sprite for when someone has their mouth full, the Guard sprite looks like they’re sort of holding their hands over their mouths.

Anyway, good luck further. I’m eager to learn of the story, not just the system.

I gotcha. I am focusing on makign sure everything is fun and feels good to use first. Admittedly, these release is probably a bit TOO early, but I think every bit of feedback has been important and good to have!

And I will drop my story tidbits and ideas along the way, so just keep watching! Probably have a story note by the end of the week, when I’m not too busy.

Hello!! I’m a simple man, I see a game with plans for slob, I play.

One bug I’ve found so far.

[TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘meta’)]

Steps to replicate:

1) Enter Combat
2) Press 'X' to enter the fight/auto/options/escape menu
3) Select Auto

Other suggestions:

• Allow text to be skipped through (i.e press button to load all text instead of waiting for it to appear)
  • Have characters have something to do while the remaining enemy is digested (i.e have the red heart above a character’s head, no other enemies on the map)
  • Some sort of battle order so we know who is going next/soon
  • Some sort of spell that can retrieve a party member who’s been eaten?
  • Release the slob content

Looking forward to future updates!

Bug noted! This one look to be fun to fix, since it looks to be an issue with the Vore De Battle System plugin.

• Will look into skipping text. VisuStella plugins tend to not play nice with other plugins, hence why I was a little hesitant on looking for things that mess with messages, but it looks like I’m going need to find one. In the meantime, you can set the text speed to Instant in the option mentgions
  • Future updates will let you use certain skills to attack enemies direct in someone’s gut or perform special maneuvers like Belly Rubs.
  • Battle order is not needed, as the battle system lets any of your units attack whenever they want, and the enemy have a set order in terms of who fight first, being from front row to back.
  • Freeing other members will be added, either through damage or recovery skills. VDBS is also a bit finnicky, so was waiting on Release 2 to add those skills once I iron out all the kinks (lol~) of it.
  • Slob content noted~.
1 Like

Ooooo, it isn’t a VDBS issue, but a Boost Actions issue!
Will be disabling Auto Battle in Release 2 to avoid potential crashing issues, but will continue to investigate this oddity.

3 Likes

Whenever I download the game windows defender says it’s a virus?

Windows Defender will always say that, regardless of what game you download here. This is because I lack certification on my projects. The more people download the demos, the more trusted I will be within Windows file system. Simply ignore the warning and run the .exe as normal.

On that note, guess who fixed the text issues! I’m going to save myself the utter embarrassment of telling how and just say next build, text will move MUCH faster…

1 Like

Progress Report #1 – October 1st, 2022

Yo! Giving a bit of an update on how things have been going!
That which I will admit, it has been…slow. Depression is a bitch and I’ve been kind of busy with other responsibilities, but I have been at least tweaking things and fixing the major issues from the first release. Major things include a less headache-inducing battle camera, fixing the slow text, and fine-tuning the controls and UI some more. I will try to dedicate some time over the next few weeks to get another build out soon, but no promises on if I will be able to get things up in a reasonable manner.

I do have at least a lore tidbit I would like to explain in its broad context. So, without further ado…

Pandaemonium Fun Factz!!
Epiosde 1: What is a Demon?!

A Demon is someone within the Galatea Cosmos that has obtained, whether intentionally or unwittingly, Forbidden Knowledge. This usually is the result of a rogue demonic spirit, otherwise known as a Shikigami, possessing a host for an extended period of time, to the point that their soul is effectively no different from the Shikigami themselves. Once one is fully possessed, their characteristics become influenced by the Shikigami possessing them, usually with heavy physical and emotional changes. While they can have all their memories intact, they are spiritually and legally not the same person. As such, it is said they have been Reborn into a new, demonic form, both by the Celestials under the Big G, and by other demons.

This is mostly likely to happen to human women at the age of 18, many times on the dot, though other races may have some other common demonification times.

There is no consistent form to demons, as Shikigami are composed of desires and ideas and imaginations of all kinds of races within the Galatea Cosmos. Some may have horns, some may have blue or purple skin, some may have more heads or arms, some may swap genders. Some may be nicer, some may be meaner, most become hungrier, more lustful, and emotional overall. Some may have no changes at all! It is not one physical or emotional change that tells one is a demon, as it is the spiritual alteration and access to the Forbidden Knowledge that makes one a demon.

As long as one remains ignorant of the Forbidden Knowledge, maintain their weekly purification ritual, and remain in the good will of the Big G and their celestial servants, one should remain free of demonhood…

…SHOULD, being the operative word…

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to where this could lead, it’s an interesting concept at the very least.

1 Like

I don’t care about Kemnomimis, but I’d immediately be on board this game if there were anthro playables, especially if there was something more exotic than your usual wolf / Fox / bunny / etc.

1 Like

While I am admittedly a fan of the classics and not particularly an artist, I do plan on having at least 2 -tauric characters in the game and some form of playable beastmen/furries, as well as some less than standard approaches.

After all, the Demon form of a beastman is known as a Chimera, so I would like to try to be rather unique.

1 Like

As long as at least one of the characters is free of human Aesthetics like a face or skin, I’m happy.