PMD fat rom hack?

the rom hacking tool is for explorers of sky, not the first entry

I would very much love that. I’m not good at spriting

Current Goals

— Find some way to create a weight gain system

— fattening traps (would need to make weight gain system first)

— Changed dialogue (obviously based around weight gain, may do this first)

— tight belt available for use during the beginning (so you can keep a specific weight on your Pokémon)

— Have weight affect stats somehow (speed, defense, etc)

If anyone has any ideas please reply them below

7 Likes

So, I feel like the changed dialogue would be the easiest of these things because you can easily edit the string. For everything else, I just opened the script editor in SkyTemple and it looks like you’d either need to create new code or find the hunger/belly code and find a way to fit what you want into there. I’m currently looking more into this thought right now.

1 Like

It’s the sprite editing is what concerns me, if nobody can do that then you’ve basically hit a wall.

1 Like

That’s a very good point and I won’t be any help there

Ok, so after reading some replies from others, i think editing sprites could be on the back for last, usually with other hacks, you only have the exact same game but something is added visually, if you were to make a wg theme to this with changes in the system, from dialogue to stats, for me as i can take enjoyment from reading alone, it would be wonderful and i could imagine it happen even without a visual guide from it. After that system is done, it might be easier to make the sprites or modify them. Or just choosing a few of everyones favorites and later on add to others. Still its a big project, however you decide to start it from but hope you have fun doing so.

it seems like a great idea!

1 Like

I’m guessing the Tight Belt would be a passive equip? Otherwise, it would hurt gameplay, assuming you’re retaining the ability to hold items.

1 Like

After reading a few replies I’m going to trim this down.

I’ll not have a weight gain system but instead do something smaller such as weight changes for every evolution you aquire and have the story be themed around weight gain.

I feel that would be less draining for me personally since I already lack energy in general to do tasks.

I’m a decent writer so the dialogue would most likely be enough to keep people entertained.

6 Likes

This seems interesting. Definitely looking forward to anything that comes out of this.

I’ll be mindful not to try and shoehorn details into that element, then. I’ve developed an aversion to suggesting ideas when it comes to others’ writing, especially unsolicited. Looking forward to it. Updates are always welcome.

2 Likes

–Said belt suddenly bursts off once the prologue/beginning is over.

2 Likes

Well if ya need sprite help DM me, heres my discord cj-x4#2007

1 Like

I love the idea of this but 1 thing immediately comes to mind. May god have mercy on your sol(rock) if your gonna make sprites for the official listing of … 893. But hey I wish you guys luck on the project and look forward to seeing it.

1 Like

Very sorry for ghosting, I had no time to work on this due to personal matters that had come up. I was only able to do things just recently so I will try my best to create something while I can.

5 Likes

This is an amazing idea

That sounds interesting, I’ve been looking for a weight gain Pokémon game for like, forever. One that isn’t simply a sprite edit, or a text adventure, or a Flash (rip) animation.

I’ll very gladly play your pokemon mystery Dungeon mod you can make because im an huge PMD fan so an link or reply or even an discord would work.

1 Like

I know it’s going to take a while but if this does get off the ground, would 100% love to test this out :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like