Polling for feedback on some mod ideas, and questions on other modding etiquette

I’ve got some time off for the holidays and I’ve had some lightly interconnected ideas for a small set of mods. Not gonna guarantee I’ll get anything written, just looking for some feedback on some of the stuff I was thinking about. Suggestions related to the topics at hand are encouraged, but please don’t ask me to add new races or your super special OC.

On Immobility:
I don’t know if it was removed or if mods just worked around it, but the game used to include an immobility feature that was frankly not much fun at all. My idea at the moment is to make it possible for immobility events to happen at a certain minimum weight or BMI, with the odds increasing as the character became heavier. I was thinking that the way to go with it would be to roll a random check at a certain BMI:tiredness ratio, with the failure rate increasing the heavier/more tired you were (though never over 30-40%, probably). On failure, you’d become too exhausted to move until a certain amount of time had passed (inventory would likely be disabled), and during that time immobility-related events could occur - good Samaritan helps (or tries and fails to help) you home, people make fun of you or force-feed you, less pleasant things, etc. This check and related events would only occur outdoors in a public area, perhaps with variations based on other villages available through mods.

I’d like input on what people think the best way to roll for immobility would be, how often immobilization should occur if you’re too heavy, etc. I’d also be interested in ideas for potential events, though I can’t guarantee anything would actually be included.

On Belly Sex
It’s an idea I’ve been tinkering with, but unlike other belly play stuff it involves the actual fat content of a character’s belly, not just the raw size. Should still be implementable, just wondering how much interest there was.

On Forced Sexual Encounters
Off the top of my head, the closest the game currently has to unwilling sexual events would be losing to the tentacle beast, or maybe some of the restaurant work. Is it too much to assume that if the player character is unable to resist (due to immobility or some other unfortunate circumstance), some other person might force themselves upon you? If the roles were reversed, should you be able to do something similarly improper to another character? I’m not trying to get philosophical, just asking if such scenes should only be an optional part of the mod, or even just scrapped here in the planning stage. Such events would give the unwilling participant the options of resistance, submission, participation, or violent reaction, working similarly to a sex act or fight. No part of the mod would ever require the player character to perpetrate an assault.

On Images
At this point I think Dohavocom is the only one to use entirely original images in their mod, and for that he deserves credit. What are other people’s opinions on including images they don’t own in a mod? My own personal opinion is that it should work similarly to most other sites where images would be taken down based on artist/owner request, but in doing so it could create trouble for others - DMCA notices sent to kilif if they were posted here, or H.Coder if they were posted on the FM blog. On the other hand, I’m not actually aware of anything of the sort happening yet.

On Modding Others’ Mods
Obviously it’s disrespectful to repost other people’s mods with your own small edits. While unrelated to most of the rest of the thread, I did some private (and still only partially finished) work on overhauling a questline/minigame in Nostordamus’ mod, allowing it to be somewhat open-ended if the player chooses, and repeatable with multiple proxies. What’s the etiquette on sharing something like that, if it’s an add-on to a mod but still overwrites part of the original modder’s work, and if the original modder has vanished into thin air?

Sorry to ramble. If anyone has any input on any topics above, please share your thoughts.

1 Like
On Images At this point I think Dohavocom is the only one to use entirely original images in their mod, and for that he deserves credit. What are other people's opinions on including images they don't own in a mod? My own personal opinion is that it should work similarly to most other sites where images would be taken down based on artist/owner request, but in doing so it could create trouble for others - DMCA notices sent to kilif if they were posted here, or H.Coder if they were posted on the FM blog. On the other hand, I'm not actually aware of anything of the sort happening yet.
If you post your's mod with images on some fileholder service, notification should go to the service/your's account. Not to the blog or forum. :) In general - I just do not use images form authors direct blog/sites (like devianart). If image can be found on chan's, booru's, and other sources like this - I use it, as game not used for any profit, and these pictures already leaked to mass public. But I still ready to remove such images at author request. Simple as is.
On Modding Others' Mods Obviously it's disrespectful to repost other people's mods with your own small edits. While unrelated to most of the rest of the thread, I did some private (and still only partially finished) work on overhauling a questline/minigame in Nostordamus' mod, allowing it to be somewhat open-ended if the player chooses, and repeatable with multiple proxies. What's the etiquette on sharing something like that, if it's an add-on to a mod but still overwrites part of the original modder's work, and if the original modder has vanished into thin air?
License for game and mods - Creative Common non Commercial. So: 1. You can repost others mod if you not forget to mention their original authors, do not claim authorship, and not do it for commercial purposes. 2. You can freely modify other's mods (even minor modification), but still should preserve original authorship of mod you use as base in credits.

Also game allow you do “mod on mod” changes - so direct modification of other mod’s not allways needed.

1 Like

In the base FM game immobility is simple a dex check. Dex lower than 0 = immobility. I didn’t find that interesting so i just commented it out. I don’t have a problem with the concept, it just has to be implemented in an interesting way. I actually have a few ideas for my mod i don’t know when I’m going to get to(maybe the release after this one). Something like moving from place to place in town costing a certain amount of tiredness (costing more the heavier/bigger you are).

I don’t have a problem with belly sex at all. I’d probably use it. I know i definitely want to take a pass at the sex mechanics in the future because they could be better. don’t let that stop you from making something though!

On the topic of forced sexual content. It’s not something that I’d make, but if its something that you’d lkike to , then go ahead. I mean, the game is called fetishmaster. Plenty of people have fetishes based around that sort of thing. I’d just make sure to put in a warning somewhere either in the game or with the download.

I don’t think FM’s user base is big enough yet to worry about DMCA’s yet. I don’t use others images just to completely avoid that can of worms. I just use my own jury rigged images =P.

I don’t personally want to mod other people’s work. That not that i have a problem with it, i just have enough work with my own mod to worry about others. I also don’t want to worry about stylistic changes. By all means though, if you want to change something then feel free to post it! Especially if it’s Nostradamus’s mod, he hasn’t been around for a couple years at this point? Of if he is he hasn’t made himself known.

I finally caved in and made an account, just to say I’ve very much in favor of Belly sex content, definitely add that, there isn’t enough of it on the internet, i’ve only found like 5 pictures all together. so any new belly sex is welcomed.

1 Like

hey is there any chance you can make zelda breath of wild zelda weight gain mod by any
chance

Probably not . That’s a very specific ask and the modding scene is uhh… not particularly active

1 Like

okay i was just carious because it would be kinda interesting tho