Princess Goblin Story - A derpy little goblin-living sim

For now yes the eating contest only goes up to 5 competitors.
Higher cooking level will unlock more cooking options, the last of which should be Pizza.

Can you make any of them though? I can’t find fruit, flour or any of that stuff…

Thought I fixed the food stall, but turns out nope! It was disabled, so yeah.

Proper release you can buy it from the blonde woman at the Market.

1 Like

Just noticed that you don’t get paid for brewing potions. Says it gives you 100g… but I checked afterwards and my money didn’t change.

1 Like

Would like to see this one continued further for sure. At present, it seems you can’t actually lose the eating contests unless they simply eat faster than you, which can be universally avoided by just picking Munch every time. Overeating leading to a loss doesn’t seem to function because your fullness will just keep climbing over the limit. Makes hitting the money goal easier, but probably something to look at.

Apart from that, glad to see more custom sprite stuff, even if it’s only for our protagonist and the…girl with the purple skin whose name escapes me. Dating stuff with the tailor is fun and the gameplay loop, despite the unfinished content, is a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing the continuation!

The waiting is… well I wouldn’t say over because it’s still very much incomplete, but at least I made a topic so that wait is now over, also with bug fixes for everything called out so far!

I’m probably missing something obvious but how do I buy furniture?

in an store in the market next to the food contest

I am well into my first run of the game and I really love it! Totally my kinda game! There are a few little bugs and such (using the tinker kit to study does not use time as far as I can tell) but honestly it’s a really great game and I am really impressed! I hope that you push this game as far as it’ll go in future updates! :smiley:

Is anyone else unable to use the training weights? Or are there different weights you’re supposed to use?

As far as I can tell they are broken unfortunately (Best to train your fitness waitressing at the inn)

Just finished up my first run, super impressed (especially by the overall game length!) I really really hope you continue with this! :smiley:

Out of curiosity, has anyone used the Alchemist Aide job? I was a guinea pig for a bit, and worked at the Ferret Inn, but that’s the one job I haven’t done. Are there any effects, or is it just a source of income?

It wasn’t quite fully implemented, when I did it, so it was just money.

1 Like

As stated yeah, the alchemy aide is just a working job for flat money for now. I’ll expand on it along with adding some more alchemy recipes in the full version, there should be a link in this thread to the non-game jam version. There’s actually an awful lot of only half-implemented content in the Game Jam version, a lot of bug test/implementation was scrapped due to time constraints.

Aight, so.

Let me give you my experience with this glorious scheduling simulator.

Outside of me grinding potion testing for admittedly way too long (The ball ending came up WAY too frequently), I felt the game has so much fucking charm and replayability that I hope you fully polish this up.

I NOW JUST NOTICED THAT V2 is a thing

The ball ending happens so often because the worst result has the highest -stat effect of all the current effects (-4 to several if I recall correctly) and because I didn’t have the time to finish all of the potions to test (Tea/Grass/Beer have 2 days of occurance, and blueberry wine only one day, so it’s a 2/7 chance to get it). Hopefully soon I’ll come around to finishing the proper set of seven different potion mishaps with bad endings tied to each, but for now and especially the game jam version, this is what will be the case. Check in the above posts to find a link to the non-jam (and thus being updated) version.

I don’t usually go for RPG maker style games, but I have to say this was very enjoyable. Thank you for writing it!

1 Like

Just finished this! What a fantastic journey this was! Even as a demo, it was a great time from beginning to end (though playing on easy was perhaps too much time for me, as I had most of the stuff done by about day 15). Traversing through the days was a bit long so I don’t know if I’ll go back to do the other endings as I’d have to go back multiple days, but this was truly enjoyable.

Small bug report:

If you spend the last night (and the supposed catch night for this bug) with the lady who runs the eating contests, the ending doesn’t trigger and I had -1 days until the ball.

Grotlover2 Score

| Category | Total |

| —: | :–|

| Basics: | 20000 |

| Art: | 250 |

| Writing: | 330 |

| Concept/Design | 1250 |

| Msc: | 180 |

| Total: | 22085 |

Comments:

I have to say, I thought this was a very clever twist on a standard RPG. I love the idea of an RPB in a style closer to games like Long Live the Queen with a WG twist. While the mechanics are fairly simple there is enough variety and the added pressure of the time limit turn it into how to best min max your skills. The writing was also excellent, making me chuckle more than a few times and I appreciated some of the easter eggs I found. My largest complaint might be that it would be nice to know a bit more about how your skills will impact the game so the player can plan what they should train up better and that it can be a pain to find everything you can interact with. The map is just to big for the amount of content currently and some areas are much to maze-like. Otherwise though I thought it was an excellent entry and look forward to seeing it developed further!

Jux Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 227 |

| Writing: | 175 |

| Concept/Design | 907 |

| Msc: | 95 |

| Total: | 21464 |

Comments:

A bit grindy at this point, but I think this will get a lot better with more content being fleshed out.

Kilif Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 125 |

| Writing: | 295 |

| Concept/Design | 755 |

| Msc: | 100 |

| Total: | 21410 |

Comments:

I liked most of this game, as it felt like a decent amount of thought went into trying to balance the various events and choices the player could make, and the scope was impressive for the game jam. I would say that I think it was a misstep to add in elements that were not functional, since it wasn’t always clear if they would open up later, though the use of the “jam” jokes did help.

My main complaint is that I felt like it could have done a lot more to be in line with the theme. Yes, getting heavier was one of the required goals, but actually being heavier didn’t really factor into the gameplay at all. Would have been interesting to have the increased weight change how day to day activities played out, so that it was a balancing act rather than “bigger is always better.”

S&S Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 240 |

| Writing: | 295 |

| Concept/Design | 735 |

| Msc: | 125 |

| Total: | 21650 |

Comments:

Squirrel Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 210 |

| Writing: | 300 |

| Concept/Design | 0 |

| Msc: | 0 |

| Total: | 20560 |

Comments:

I really enjoyed all the different options and approaches you could choose, really filling out the length of the game. I felt like I could come back to it and have a different approach each time and still have the same level of fun! Coupled with the interesting story and engaging characters, I can see myself returning to this one in the future!

Scores

Art: 1052

Writing: 1395

Sound: 575

Design: 3647

Total: 107169