Princess Goblin Story - Finally updating after a year long delay

A good effort and an ambitious attempt! Certainly some good ideas on offer here! The eating contest alone, with its tactical, puzzle-like approach, is an interesting novelty that I hope to see developed further.

If the game was just about a goblin trying to make it in the big leagues of professional, competitive eating (and scoring dates on the side) then I would be totally okay with that.

1: Be 40 lbs or higher, she doesn’t date skinny folks.

She also is into slobs, if you’re having trouble getting her to come home with you.

2: You need 80 skill. . Success/Failiure at making a dress is a +4 skill bonus, if you want
to train it better than just repeating it, you can buy a book case and practice with that+the tinker set for a +6 (Or train with the tinker set after the dress is done, Bookcase or Tinker set alone is only +4 skill on practice). I think there might be a bug preevnting the dress from being enabled for self-sewing though, whoops, just have Lilium do it for now. Will be fixed next version for sure.

Love this!
A few things that I am just gonna pitch both as feed back and general ideas for balance.

I would love to see jobs feed into other jobs based on the skill requirements, I assume that is what’s going to happen with cooking where you eventually get good enough to challenge the chief at the bar. I just want more jobs in general to help makes stats worth it with various rewards if you do well enough. Something like beating the bar chief in a cooking contest before x day allows an event where the bar is visited by the prince or a noble and you get an invitation for being a great cook.

Having a high fitness job would be interesting, maybe being an adventurer’s sparring partner or trainer. Getting a bonus to high weight and high fitness would be interesting, something like lasting a lot longer than other partners/trainers attracting higher level adventurers and being ore profitable.

An idea for an early intellect job could be working at the library, having conversations with other employees or patrons getting you random stat ups with the int being a good beginner job. Something like a 50 gold payout would mean it is a beginning job.

If any of these helped or just gave inspiration for other ideas great. I can’t wait to see more of this it is awesome.

Deployed a new version. I’ll probably not post about new versions from here on unless it’s a full tenth-decimal level of update, but this one should include a lot of fixes for anything that isn’t game balance. The topic post will still be updated accordingly if I make an update though.

2 Likes

so i downloaded the new update and

That is. A baffling change. I wouldn’t have expected MV games to be an HTML reader.

Couldn’t replicate the bug, but double checking it it did seem like the zip file was oddly low in size, which was particularly suspicious considering I’ve added in more music files since the last version too. I’ve re-uploaded a re-zip’d version for itch and megaupload.

1 Like

You can’t start it from the .zip archive. You have to extract the game into a folder. Right-click on the .zip file and there should be an option for that under whatever programm you use for zipping.

So playing the game, it looks like the Bread is mislabeled, it says it gives +2 weight but it takes eating 10 bread to go up 1 pound.

I think I left a note somewhere, but 1 weight is .1 lbs. If I can find out how to make it display that properly on RPGMaker I’ll probably change that around.

Possibly just have a scale in the house and have the number tied to a variable?

Well I can certainly make a check/scale/something to at least say it, I more ment there’s no real good way to get RPG maker (that I can find/find a plugin for) to put it cleanly on screen in the menu.

use the TP for it instead? I know it’s set to time currently, but since you have an Item that says the time, you can just add the remaining day time into there along with the time before the ball.
Frees up a stat you can use.

TP for just a decimal place seems like a waste and honestly the time-check is more for “What day” checking, which if I can sift through the plugins or otherwise to find the one for putting up a UI display for time stuff is probably also going away.

Considering I know all I have to do is figure out a way to make it display a string of weight/10 + “.” + weight%10, codewise it wouldn’t be hard to make this display in most places, the issue is purely the fact that it’s a menu item and thus is way less editable. (That and RPG maker is way less comfortable with handling strings.) Again, a scale or something isn’t nearly as hard and can be done if folks really need that decimal place of weight, but making it show up automatically in pause menu is the main issue and I don’t think it’s worthwhile to make it so you have to run home to check your decimal place if you nibble on food.

TLDR is RPGMaker has quite a few dumb downsides that unless I can find someone’s workaround to get around it, it’s a lot more trouble than it’s worth for most things, and out of all features the decimal place on weight feels less vital. A bit of clarification if I can find a good spot to put it is weight is 1/10th a pound per point would be more handy, and I might’ve already done that for the tutorial I forget.

Then it’s still mislabeled, +2 weight would mean it would take 5 breads would gain a pound, not 10.

Ah, yeah that would be a mislabeling then, I forgot I already did do some nerfing to the items so it wouldn’t be too much. That’s fixed now.

Also I found a usable plugin I think, currently having issues getting it to work as I want because it seems it was changed since the tutorial video, but it probably can make the weight display work.

The NPCs that need the cake and fruit… Did you set the fruit counter right? I have five.

Double checking, it seems like I ended up accidentally setting it to beer instead of fruit… So I guess till the next version you can just trade them 5 beers instead. Makes this deal 50g more expensive, but at least it’s a simple workaround.

1 Like

I have a suggestion, when i first played the game it took me a while to remember who was who cause the characters did not have names when they speak, it would be great if you could put that name tag plugin so it would help new players out!(for example I had to actually search who was Lilium cause it wasn’t obvious and i still don’t know the name of that potion brewer gal even tho i liked her character a lot)

where on earth is this Lilium character i can’t seem to find her anywhere

NEVER mind found her