Profile Pictures

It’s come to my attention that there aren’t even 10 people who have profile pictures on this website. Correct me if that’s inaccurate, but I’m wondering if profile pictures are like a status symbol or something or if I should remove mine because it’s disrespectful in any way…

3 Likes

I like this forum; profile pictures aren’t page stretchingly huge (fat bellies yay, fat whitespace boo!) so I, at least, have no problem with your’s on anyone else’s profile picture.

1 Like

I just haven’t thought of a good one yet.

1 Like

You’re more than welcome to upload tasteful profile pictures. I’d ask that you not upload nude photographs (or obviously illegal content), but profiles that have nude art in it are fine just for the record.

I dunno, but smiley fries are my avatar pretty much everywhere

I always try to go for a pic of Dark Toon Link whenever I make a profile(apart from my Devianart, waiting for a friend to finish up a little something for me to use.) But, I think profile pics are fine to have, it’s just a matter of actually putting one on your profile.

im not even going to bother to explain how i got mine. i would be typing for hours

1 Like

So, a real long time ago, I was around the age of 13, I drew a picture of a bad looking whale. Around this age, my images folder was full of hentai (well, not hentai, but y’all know what it was) and I put it all on a USB stick around the age of 15. When I was moving out of my parents house, I found this USB stick, and took it with me. So, time skip a year or so, and I’m making a profile on here, and as I’m choosing a picture, I think “Hey, that USB stick is full of images this website likes, why not use those?” As I’m looking for a chonk boi for my profile, I see the retarded whale image, and I could only think one thing: “Yes.”

So that’s my profile picture, and if you look closely at the blue of the whale, you’ll notice that when I made it, I shaded the blue a great deal, which, I thought was cool.

9873_2

For those who want a good view of the image. lol.

5 Likes

I just drew a picture of an apple in MSPaint as a nod to the absurd number of apples people ate in my first game to find a hidden ending.

It was a lot of apples. Too many, if you ask me.

Edit: I only just noticed how old this thread was lmao

2 Likes

I confess, since I updated this portrait of my Blade and Soul character, I feel like I climb in social scale.
It’s like I got nobility.

Joke apart, you are totally welcome to upload your profile picture. :wink:

1 Like

Windows‎‎ Mista‎‎‎‎‎‎

1 Like

Will my Profile pictures is just an OC from some of my art work.

1 Like

Mine was a commission I got from Nemo on FA. Fat bunnies good.

4 Likes

Fashion sense is a heavy burden to bear

2 Likes

It really is, isn’t it? Too bad the peasants can’t see that.

2 Likes

Answering to OP’s question, no, profile pictures aren’t really a high status symbol or anything, feel free to chose which one you prefer. My main guess on why some don’t use profile pictures, is because they are throwaway accounts that they used once when they were horny but wanted to ask a single question to OP.

There are also lurkers and those who prefer not to give too much personal details, easy to track down, which is understandable. Personally, I’m very open on my fetishes to avoid as much human contact as possible. It also serves as a way to “sort” my relationships with others more easily lmao

4 Likes

I agree quite a bit with @lHattyl’s post: I see people with and without icons in the same exact light – if anything, I usually just assume people who don’t set one are indeed mostly lurkers and prefer to read posts rather than post things themselves, and that’s more than fine! Plenty of fourms I’m on out there where I may post something, like, once a month or so.

In my case though, I don’t even have a set icon most of the time, and every now and then may I set my icon to something relevant to the site I’m on. Had a Lycanroc plush as my initial icon, eventually set my icon as fat starbound characters and occasionally other random stuff, and then decided to loop back around to a Liepard plush so…it all comes full circle in my case uwu.

1 Like

sir, i am a failiure in eveyway yet i have a demon tree as my pfp

1 Like

I was not interested in setting a profile pic until I realized I might be judged for not having one. I am a bit skittish about copyright infringement, but I figured I would take the risk. This pic is from a basic coding class I took in college. I didn’t want to waste time thinking about the pic, and this one was one of the few I had already saved to my laptop.

Edit: Current profile pic is from my recently commissioned ref sheet!

1 Like

Nothing to do with status. Well, my username here is notmaebarakeiichi because I’m a fan of 07 Expansion’s work and, since I really like Rena Ryuuguu, I’ve put her as a profile picture. It’s as simple as that. Moreover, she’s not Keiichi so it goes along with my username ahah