Project Atlas Update 0.1.3 (Updated January 2024)

Yeah those were appearing, and this one wasn’t a game bug. It was legit just joiplay messing up that picture, I did finish the game and it was fun, is it supposed to stay black after you save after your dev notes at the end?

1 Like

Glad you had fun! Yes, for now it ends on a black screen, but later updates will pick up right from there.

Alright just wanted to make sure lol, I’m definitely hyped for more of it

1 Like

Well!! Sing it’s been a while since the fee update is out imma gonna be giving ma opinión

WARNING SPOILERS

well the first update as it’s quite short and I perfectly know why since doing all the coding and battle is really hard to do but even though it was short the fighting was amazing! I love having so many mechanics it gives the wonderful sense of having to actually using the head and not just spamming your strongest attack I’m waiting to see how our mc fighting style will be! As for the beginning of the story it’s good! For the first time in all the time I’ve been playing this kind of games I’m not really seeing the wg as something good. Man I actually felt hella bad and guilty for every single one of the characters that were forced to well…ya know. It’s an amazing game and the story has been amazing so far! Now let’s wait a year for the next wonderful update

4 Likes

I have to say that I didn’t expect this level of quality from this game. I thought that it would be good, but this is more than I could have hoped for! The ascetic is a real breath of fresh air. Simply setting something in a futuristic setting separates this game from most others. This is the first time that I’ve seen cyberpunk that really clicked with me. The absolutely stunning sprite work from cj definitely helped with that. I’d say that he is the best RPGMaker sprite artist I’ve ever seen, and I can’t imagine there being many better. Of course, I have to mention the excellent character portraits. Kudos to him for pulling double duty and acing both parts of it.

The premise of the story is simple, but that’s all it needs to be. I know what’s going on, I know that there’s a lot of excuses for fatties, and there are a few questions that I want answers for. The characters are fairly cookie cutter for the most part. They all fill a role but don’t do much more, but seeing as they didn’t have much time to be developed I can’t fault them for it, especially since I found most of them entertaining. The big exception is Amber. I really felt her utter despair when Jason was taken and it made the Bad End hit extra hard.

The combat seems interesting. I haven’t experienced enough of it to tell if I’ll like it or not, but so far it seems promising. The option to instantly Bad End yourself is a nice touch as well. There is a lot of promise to it, and I certainly hope that it gets fully explored.

Of course, what would a game on a niche fetish forum be without it’s fetish? The various different shapes that the fatties took definately helped put this game ahead of the pack. Of course I have to praise the Bad End for the unique sprites and animations for Amber stuffing herself. Not even her utter despair was enough to keep me from enjoying it. Little touches like seeing the catgirl with citizenship spilling pudding on herself were a nice, easily misable touch as well. Personally, I also really liked the collar commercial for seeing the catgirl chub up in between takes and be forced to orgasm through pure pleasure.

I do have a couple of complaints that I’d like to voice. One is that catgirl is used for both genders, that did confuse me at first and could have easily been replaced with the more gender neutral neko. I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but Jason moves at a snails pace in his apartment. That doesn’t happen anywhere else, so it might be a bug. This last one is more of a me thing, but I’m going to be paranoid about missing any of the Bad Ends, especially since there are so many of them and so little game for them to be squeezed into (relatively).

I would like to end this rant with a question; What are the names of everyone who helped make this? You and cj might be the stars of the show, but I think that everyone deserves a round of applause for this.

7 Likes

Many thanks!, am happy to hear my work helped the experience, its all i could ask for

3 Likes

Your work, in many ways, IS the experience.

2 Likes

oh wow that was way cooler than I was expecting. I enjoyed

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed this first update on Atlas!

It’s very good to hear you enjoyed the combat section! Combat is not something I’ve worked with much in my other game, so I wanted to put my best foot foward! There will be even more to the system that will become a part of it as you’ll need to incorporate money management to your parties gear, choosing careful just what to buy!

Hope to see you around next time for the next big update!

Yay! glad you enjoyed the new game and the futuristic aspects! Yes, many rpgmaker games seem to default to a fantasy setting, so I was quite excited to try something all new and bring out a fat dystopia setting for something new!

Couldn’t agree more! CJ is an awesome artist and an even more awesome friend! He went above and beyond making the art in the game as kick-ass as possible! He deserves tons of praise for his amazing work!

Hey, for now I’d say simple is good! With all the new aspects of the world and gameplay information coming at the player at once, keeping things simple and easy to understand is ideal.
Though of course that won’t remain the case forever. The next update will flesh out the rest of the rebel team as we learn more about their backstories and motivations. As well, CJ and I have talked about making “bio pages” for the characters on Patreon, to give some more secret insight on the characters and some misc facts about them!

And it’s good to know Amber’s pain was felt! Hopefully there wasn’t anyone who played and didn’t feel sympathy for the poor girl.

Thank you! Combat is something I only scratched the surface of in my other games, so it was a new experience to not only go deeper into rpg maker’s defaults, but to also make some new systems of my own such as with Dawn’s rising C-Strain score.

Combat will get even more complex in future updates as new equipment/skills become buyable, so stay tuned!

All praise rightly goes to CJ here! Glad to know the game still works both in terms of fetish and regular game!

Good concerns to voice! As for the “catgirl” aspect, that is actually intentional and will be explained in later updates. But to get the answer now, when the humans discovered the species for the first time they thought “Planet of the cute catgirls” was more marketable. So the species was literally named “Catgirls” in English, despite 50% of the population being male.

Jaden moving slow. Intentional. Wanted players to stop and examine some of the details of the apartment, as it gives fluff dialogue.

Don’t worry about the bad ends! Next update will have the rebels settle in to their new safe house. There the player can find a terminal that will be able to display all past bad ends, even those the players did not unlock themselves.

Sure, first let me thank all the patreons who supported the game for months even before they knew what it was! They helped tremendously, especially with the costs of buying all those unique cyberpunk map assets!

There was also a few dozen friends and companions CJ and I showed our game bible to, which outlined a majority of the games plot. We got a lot of good feedback and encouragement. Thank you to all those who helped and gave us motivation to continue!

A big shout out to the many people of the world who have made so many handy plugins for rpgmaker mv! Those saved hundreds of hours!

There’s two users, Vox and Willoww who chatted with CJ and I a lot as we made the game, and they both helped quite a bit!

There’s also a credits text doc in the files of the game, feel free to check them all out as well!

Thank you again for playing and the feedback!

6 Likes

Don’t worry about the bad ends! Next update will have the rebels settle in to their new safe house. There the player can find a terminal that will be able to display all past bad ends, even those the players did not unlock themselves.

Unfathomably based!

4 Likes

Don’t really have the time right now to type out my thoughts like I do for apostles, so I’ll just say that this was a fantastic start. You always manage to impress me, but this was an exceptionally thrilling opening.

4 Likes

Man, this game had me undeniably GRIPPED. I have so many feelings.

6 Likes

Finished the first look here and wanted to say this is already damn good! I was a little worried at first, after beating the current version of Apostles and hearing bout this new game, that it might feel too similar and just slow down updates, but this is so radically different that I’m actually A OK with the slower updates to both. I love the more Dystopian cyberpunk setting and I’ve felt since playing Apostles that you were real good at telling a slightly darker story and this game further cements that! I love the bright and colorful sprite work and the animations with them specifically in the bad end really show how good whoever the artist is.

On the topic of the bad end. The fact that they’re their to begin with I think further helps with differentiate it with Apostles. Sure they were there, but it was clearly a less focused on thing that would pop up here and there as a sort of meta joke. Plus it’s presence here makes the stakes of this game feel a little higher than the sort of homely helping a small town flourish vibe of Apostles.

The gameplay is also unique. At first I thought that the two characters that focused on ammo were a little unbalanced, but uh… I think you solved that problem lmao! I also like the sorta cyberpsychosis like mechanic (I don’t consume much cyberpunk media so I don’t know if cyberpsychosis is not actually original to Cyberpunk 2077 or even if it has a unifying name) to balance a clear heavy hitter and hope that this game ends up with a whole band of party members that hang in hide out until you add em to the team before the next mission!

Long story shot iz cool great job can’t wait to see more, from what I figure, after I play the upcoming Apostles update. Oh and I hope this new project is different enough feeling to you that it helps you not feel burnt out! Take care of yourself and good luck with the projects!

1 Like

Thank you so much! We’re very happy to hear you enjoy this first update! And hearing that it felt radically different from Apostles, yet still quite fun is exactly what we wanted to hear!

All credit to the great art, both the CG and the sprites goes to the very talented Cj!

Good to to know you liked that first bad end! Trust that there will be many many more going down the road with Atlas!

And you touched on a very important aspect I wanted to work with in Atlas. In Apostles the 3 Apostles are near Demi-gods in terms of strength, with nothing really to challenge them (yet) in terms of raw physical power.

I very much wanted to establish the reverse with the Project Atlas crew. The constant battles and bad ends around every corner should paint a picture of them truly being the underdogs, fighting against much larger and more powerful forces.

Haha, very happy you found the gameplay unique! With Apostles combat is something I largely ignore, so put my best into making something great with the combat in Atlas! The demo only scratched the surface of the full system I have in mind, so keep an eye out for more!

As for Dawn’s Cyber drawbacks, I actually took more inspiration for the series “Dues Ex” which also had a big focus on cyber upgrades on humans. Said arguments caused a “rejection syndrome” in most users (unless you were the protagonist) and the users needed to take a drug in order to combat their own body’s rejection of their implants.

More or less a similar situation to Dawn, though of course lacking the awesome product name “Lube”. There will be more we will learn about Dawn and her implant, with their health implications later on in the story!

Though if you want to see something a bit more similar to cyberpsychosis with Dawn, I suggest looking into the red eyed gang during the city exploration next update!

Sorry, we’ll actually be sticking with the main 4 established in the first update for a large stretch of the game as the main party members, with each one getting more character added to them every update!

Thanks again for your feedback! We’ll do our very very best, on both games!!!

2 Likes

Following the story intro sequence, will the game open up more to allow for exploration and fighting enemies at the player’s own pace? If I’m being honest, I bounced off of Archerquest because it placed so much emphasis on its story that it felt like I barely got to do anything as a player.

Furthermore, how will the story handle players choosing decadence over integrity? Let’s face it, knowing your target audience, they will not pass up a single opportunity to see a waistline widen. With that in mind, it would be a bad idea to punish those players with a “bad” ending to the story.

2 Likes

Good questions! So for the core game loop you will go between “city exploration to dungeon” a few times through the game. The city exploration will be more relaxed, talking to various NPCs, advancing character stories, and hopefully gathering some money.

The dungeons or “missions” are obviously much more focused on combat. Much like the upstairs of Cowson Burgers, but longer and far less linear. Each dungeon will feature 2-4 permanent bad ends that the player can get a fattening game over on.

Good question! To that I’ll go back to the “city exploration” part of the game. The player will be exploring the city several times over in the game. To keep things interesting every new trip will have new NPC interactions, and some advancements in character side quests available.

There are 7 main character side quests. 2 for Amber, BB, Dawn, and 1 for 99L1V35 (though it won’t be her who gains)

Each bit of progress in these character side quests can push up a character’s fat level.

Though the beauty (or over complication) of having 2 quests per character is that you only need to do 1 of them to see the full range of weight gain stages from a character!

For example

If a player does the first 3 parts of Amber’s X questline
Amber will be at fat level 3.

However if a player does the first 3 parts of Amber’s X questline AND the first 3 parts of her Y questline,
Amber will still be at fat level 3.

In order to go up another fat level, the player would need Amber to start the 4th part of either quest.

The reason for this, is to allow players to skip quest lines they don’t like. For example one quest line is very vore heavy, which some may disdain. They can skip it, and not lose the ability to see the full range of WG stages for a character.

Pretty much all “bad endings” are in the moment mistakes. Where you lose in combat, or touch something you REALLY shouldn’t have touched in a dungeon.

As for the overall endings of the game; there are 2 big ones. Neither is missable, or only trigged by some secret series of variables in the game. So you can safely play however you’d like and not be worried you are missing some sort of secret ending.

3 Likes

hang on it just hit me for a society that clearly views being as gluttonous and as fat as possible the ideal isn’t it kinda weird how the rebels are often punished with forcible weight gain? wouldn’t that be seen as giving them something desirable in human culture?

or maybe i guess the humans have enough self awareness of how debilitating it is lol.

3 Likes

A great question! Which will get an answer…eventually!

I’m imagining it’s a form of control and whoever is in charge probably isn’t partaking

1 Like