Project Atlas Update 0.1.3 (Updated January 2024)

Welcome to Project Atlas! A Sci-Fi themed game made by WaxerRed and CJ-X4. https://www.deviantart.com/cj-x4

The setting of Project Atlas takes you to a far off planet, where the simple race of indigenous CatGirls has been conquered by the hedonistic invaders known as “Humans.”

106 Years have passed since the initial invasion of the planet, and the humans have made this planet their home. It’s quite a comfy home for them as well, they get to enjoy every day in their hoverchairs relaxing, eating, and indulging in mindless entertainment. Meanwhile the CatGirls are forced to serve the human’s ever whim, as butlers, waiters, and fast food workers. If a CatGirl is truly lucky, perhaps she’ll be taken in as a human’s pet.

But not all CatGirl’s are willing to let this unjust system go on. For years 99L1V35 has led the rebel group known as the “Atlas” group. And when our protagonist suffers one final injustice from the humans they can’t accept, they’ll be throwing off her uniform and joining the freedom fighters.

Will they and the other members of the Atlas group complete their goal and remove the humans from the planet? Will they die trying? Will they end up turned, and succumb to the temptations of a hedonistic life? Or will they be forced to suffer another fate entirely?

As of update 0.1, you’ll be given a look into the setting and tone of the Atlas world, as well as get a first look at combat type in the game. But much, much more is planed!

In future updates, Project Atlas will include a lengthy story, with a multitude of optional and side content. Said side content may have a permeant effect on a character’s waistline. This gives the player control of if they want to keep the characters skinny all game…or have them hardly able to walk by the end of it.

It’s the plan to make an evolving combat system that will push the usual limits of what RPGmaker can offer. Unique dungeons, enemies, and skills. But watch out, there will be over 30 bad ends you can land the Atlas Rebels into!

CJ has outdone himself with custom sprites for every character in the world. In addition every main character will have their own hand drawn CG, with several variations. Both for emotion, and weight stage.

This will be the first update of a total of 6-7. CJ and I will be swapping back and forth between games, so now that Project Atlas is done, it’ll be back to Apostles for its next update, and then back to Project Atlas update 2.

Hope you all enjoy! Download the game below!

File updated, now accessible with JoiPlay.

If you want to get early previews and updates, as well as support the efforts of CJ and I, please check us out here: Project Atlas | Welcome to CyberCat City | Patreon

$missMittens

If you enjoyed Project Atlas and want to see some more of CJ and I’s works, we have two other games!

Greed’s End. A self contained finished game, about 90-120 minutes in length. Take on the role of Sam, and arrogant business woman who suddenly wakes up on a strange train, and is told she is going to be judged for her sin of Greed. Will she make it through the puzzles and traps meant to trip her up and fatten her? Will she cheat and steal her way to the top like always? Or perhaps she’ll make some friends along the way?

Apostles: Long running game. 10 updates out, with many more planed. Current play time 6-8 hours.
A darker story. The lonely town of Auburnwoods is on its last legs. Most of the men of the town have been gone for years to fight a civil war, those who are left are stick and starving. The village is rundown, and a group of 4 ‘adventures’ are abusing their power to exploit the town.
Yet one snowy day, three strange travelers arrive at the lonely little village of AuburnWoods, claiming to be missionaries of “The Niss” a religion that none in town have heard before.
Many in town have become worn down and suspicious, but the missionaries show nothing but kindness. They bright medicine, money, and food…lots and lots of food.

44 Likes

Wow this game is amazing. Love the concept

2 Likes

I have a bug keeping me from starting it up, and I’m playing it through joiplay

I’m very sorry for that error. I don’t know much on how joiplay works, but I’ll look into it today, to see where the error is coming from. At the moment, it looks like the game is failing because it is not correctly loading/reading the plugins in the game.

Joiplay runs rpgmaker games through like an emulator to let me play it on my android phone, it usually works properly with other games, I was able to run apostles good with it

Liking the game so far though umm

what’s the combination the burger places safe?

1 Like

Hint answer, look on the screen when Miss Mittens is there. The 4 digit combination will be hidden in plain sight.

Full Answer: It’s Miss Mitten’s channel number. 3247.

4 Likes

Thank you and played finished playing it, overall i really enjoy it and it’s off to a good start

1 Like

There is plugin in your game which named as “--------------------.js” and this file completely empty. So, this stupid Joiplay emulator just can’t understand this empty plugin file.

2 Likes

So the game has a slow start with tons of Informant dumping but it do work to get you in the dark setting of this world and I have to say this looks to be a crazy dark but fun game i can not wait to see more.

7 Likes

so far love the game great art work on the sprites too but NGL some of the attetude of the side char really makes me wish there was vore in here too XD

2 Likes

is this the lost sequel too Walle? i kid, but damn a bunch of immobile humans confined too futuristic wheelchairs in this set in a post futuristic world reminds me lot of Walle for some reason.

2 Likes

Deleting that file didn’t help the game get past the error for me

1 Like

I heard this was the original script for WALL-E but it got rejected by Disney for some reason.

2 Likes

I’ve made a new version that should hopefully fix the issue. Though I do not have Joiplay and can not test for certain. If you have the time, can you check if this game version works for you? I’m very sorry for this error stopping you from being able to play.

1 Like

It works yay, thank you, I’ve been excited to play this since I heard about it getting made

1 Like

I’m very happy to hear! Hope you enjoy!

1 Like

There may or may not be some artistic inspiration there :slight_smile:

Got the first bad ending, I did come across a problem, the woman who the guy calls up being forced fed it just showed a black screen over the whole thing, nvm I found the picture in the files, joiplay is weird like that sometimes

1 Like

Sorry for the other error. Do the other pictures pop up correctly? When main characters, such as Jaden, Amber, or the rebels talk they should have their own full body CG. Is that appearing?