ProxyGen (v0.1.1) - Start Menu Mod

This poster’s plight reminded me of an issue I’ve frequently run into with this game with “reset scumming” for a particular proxy, so I thought: “Why leave something so simple up to chance? We can do better.”

One wasted afternoon later, and I bring to you: ProxyGen, a FetishMaster mod that adds a menu upon starting a new game. This menu allows selection of any of the existing generic character DNA templates (including most race / gender combinations), and lets you preview your proxy’s description before starting. If the generated proxy is not to your liking, just re-roll it!

I’ve designed this mod with compatibility in mind – the mod only hijacks the new game start flow, so it should be compatible with everything else. It should also be easy to extend with your own character templates – refer to the README in the download for more information!

Please report any bugs in this thread!

Installation:
Back up your game directory first in case something breaks.

To install, download the latest attached ProxyGen package. Unzip patch.zip (found inside the download) to your game directory. That’s it!

Known Issues:
A Java NullPointerException may occur when navigating the menu. This is due to the game engine moving time forward one hour at the same time a forced event transition occurs. Unfortunately there’s nothing I can do about this (short of forcing more button clicks on you, the user), but the work-around is simple – just press the button that blew up again and nothing will blow up the second time.

Release Log:

[ul][li]0.1.1: Fixed broken trait menu for human futanaris[/li]
[li]0.1: Initial Release[/li][/ul]

Moderator EDIT: The file was lost in the server transition. It’s re uploaded here.

2 Likes

OH! This is a great idea! Let me try it out now and report back

Seems to work as intended! and really it makes sense that you would have a choice of what kind of proxy you want to have at the start. I’ll be putting this on my main dev build =)

Glad to hear it’s working!

I actually found a small bug with human futas in the attached release that breaks the trait selection menu (breeder vs normal), so I’ll be attaching a follow-up download momentarily.

0.1.1 released! Please find this release attached in the original post (ProxyGen_011.zip). You can safely install this on top of an existing installation.

The human futa menu was referencing events that did not exist, which is why no options showed up. Sorry about that!

no worries. it’s fixed now

naisu

i have to say thanks again, the way you have things coded gave me an idea!

( ̄ー ̄)b

I alluded to this idea in my readme, but I’m looking at how DNA / RNA groups work to see if I can load genetic traits like the breeder traits separately. Bare minimum that could mean unlocking those options for other race / gender combinations, but it could also potentially be used for loading new traits too (ie, a fat proxy with low metabolism and faster digestion). I just haven’t figured out if it’s possible to build a DNA group from a DNA template before creating a new proxy.

I honestly don’t know. there is a lot about how the dna system works that i don’t understand. I recall seeing a loaddna/rna method in the partial source code (which you can find on the main site) but i didn’t look at it too much. maybe check it out?

This may be impossible with the normal scripting - I do not predicted such possibilities.

But you can reach almost the same effect by injecting genes (DNA and RNA) for the thraits after character is created. Two methods from the CreatureProcessor class allow it.

CreatureProcessor.injectDNAGeneFromFile(Creature c, String filename);
CreatureProcessor.injectRNAGeneFromFile(Creature c, String filename);

File can be the same, designed through genes editor. It’s will be converted in RNA automaticaly. These functions works with genes, not with gene pools as characters creations. (You need “Gene Editor”, not the “DNA Editor”.)

This may be impossible with the normal scripting - I do not predicted such possibilities.

But you can reach almost the same effect by injecting genes (DNA and RNA) for the thraits after character is created. Two methods from the CreatureProcessor class allow it.

CreatureProcessor.injectDNAGeneFromFile(Creature c, String filename);
CreatureProcessor.injectRNAGeneFromFile(Creature c, String filename);

File can be the same, designed through genes editor. It’s will be converted in RNA automaticaly. These functions works with genes, not with gene pools as characters creations. (You need “Gene Editor”, not the “DNA Editor”.)[/quote]
Yeah, this is likely not possible the way I was hoping to do it based on what I’ve seen available in FetishMaster.JAR. I suppose I could build my own set of premade DNA templates without a birth-age, inject whatever genes I want (maybe by taking advantage of gene scripting to load RNA), then inject a birth age gene and call CreatureProcessor.Birth() on the resulting creature. My hesitation with doing this is that it would guarantee dual-maintenance with any future game updates that change the existing DNA templates to keep my own templates up to date, which is against the original spirit of this mod. I could also just load a gene script on a creature once its loaded from an existing template, but that would miss out on the gene maturation / mutation.

On an unrelated note, I actually ran into something else interesting – I was looking at using my existing random proxy templates to override the agency update behavior as an experiment. That by itself worked okay since currently whichever template file is chosen just writes to a global flag, but I wanted to take things a step further by using templates to build an accumulator for the proxy’s agency value. I tried building something like the following:

[code]<% // agency/val_* templates each calculate their own values based on attributes from c to add to val.
c = LoadCharacter(st); val = -150.0; “”; %><% IncludeAll(“agency/val”); “”; %>

<% // … do whatever with agency contracts %>[/code]

This worked okay when used in a walk event for testing (even though you likely didn’t intend for IncludeAll() to be used this way. :slight_smile: ), but it silently breaks when used as part of a system/agency_update template. As far as I can tell from looking at the available source code, this is due to the scripted agency update using a different walk frame than the one retrieved for the Include() wrappers in ScriptVarsIntegrator, but that should be resulting in a failure to resolve val itself (each template in the example above adds to val using a += operator, so unless MVEL is doing me a favor here that should be failing to compile).

What exactly is the hyperbreeder trait?

for females it means a very high chance of many multiples, and for futas (and maybe males? Are males abler to be hyperbreaders? i dunno) they get much higher semen volume

as far as I know, there is exactly one way to get a hyperbreeder futa, and that is to be a hyperbreeder, do the fun house events with Nostordamus mod installed and working till you get the Sorceress event, she will then transform the female hyperbreeder into a futa if you agree. from what iv seen this causes some… “confusion” in the dev stats and the event flags but iv not fully played with it for serious.

(Sorry if this is not the right place for this. just felt like chiming in." >.<; )

Since it looks like the file was lost in the transition, I’ve re-uploaded the file on my mediafire.

Download the mod here

so where exactly would i put the patch folder, would i just put it in with the other files (the exe files etc) or in the gamedata folder?

The patch.zip has a gamedata folder; merge it with the existing gamedata folder.

ah alright, thanks a lot for that :stuck_out_tongue:

When I install this patch on top of the Maternal Reads mod, I get a fatal exception whenever I try to start the game (regardless of the options chosen). The error has something to do with a check against lact_rate. Is this mod not compatible with Maternal Reads?