Rawethewolfs tips to create a soft body character in Blender

If there were a tutorial on how to make the physics of the body as good as this, do you know where to find one? I’m just starting out on blender and my cloth physics are always a mess when it comes to fat.

EDIT: I should clarify, I’ve read through the entire post here and my model is still either collapsing when a collider hits it or isn’t reacting to physics what so ever.

There are a lot of sources of instability for cloth sims. It can help to increase the simulation steps, cap the maximum impulse, or increase the minimum collision distance.

1 Like

For something really tricky like this it may be necessary to share the blend file. Cloth sims are notorious for being flaky. Have you considered starting off with spring-jiggle bones plug in?

Maybe this will help?

2 Likes

I’ve taken a break from doing physics for right now. I figured I should get good at rendering and set building before I worry about that kinda stuff lol

OOohh, it’s really difficult to see what causes the mesh to behave like that, it seems to be the mesh just disappearing.

The way cloth physics mesh behave really depends on the size of the model, if the scaling is correct (set to 1.000), and all the settings in cloths physics tab.

If you have other modifiers they will also affect how the cloth behaves. If there are hidden meshes with collision, they will still have and effect on the mesh, unless they are disabled.

Strange stuff with the cloth mesh can happen if it consist of separate parts, like nails that are a part of the body mesh but is not connected to it.