I think I’ve finally got enough bits in place so that Orion’s quest can now not only be completed, but completed in several different ways (and failed in a couple of others). Let’s see if you can find the different paths and outcomes…
This is a bit of a milestone in the development as there has been a lot of work under the covers to get here. The flip side is there are a lot more moving parts doing stuff, a lot more code being run, and so the potential for odd behaviours.
- The obvious - a few new rooms, the kobold Queen and Orion’s partner
- All the NPCs now have names
- Most mine NPCs now have jobs, go to sleep, and do other things when idle - don’t leave stuff you want to keep lying about in the rooms there!
- You should be able to reach experience level 2
- Fixed a long standing problem where your weight could fall below the minimum.
- Fixed another long standing problem which stopped eating custard transforming you more than once.
- Transformations now affect your body length, as well as your legs
- Fixed mysterious blank lines in the story pane - tracked down to male genitalia
- Fixed being able to hear NPCs talking in other rooms
- Fixed third person singular verb generation (and learnt something in the process)
- Fixed yet more save game/serialisation errors
As usual, download from the usual place, and start a new game. Previous saves will not have the new content, and will likely fail to load.
If you can support me on ko-fi, it would be really appreciated as I have very limited income at the moment.