Release 0.26 2019-11-27 (yes, content!)

I think I’ve finally got enough bits in place so that Orion’s quest can now not only be completed, but completed in several different ways (and failed in a couple of others). Let’s see if you can find the different paths and outcomes…

This is a bit of a milestone in the development as there has been a lot of work under the covers to get here. The flip side is there are a lot more moving parts doing stuff, a lot more code being run, and so the potential for odd behaviours.

New stuff:

• The obvious - a few new rooms, the kobold Queen and Orion’s partner
  • All the NPCs now have names
  • Most mine NPCs now have jobs, go to sleep, and do other things when idle - don’t leave stuff you want to keep lying about in the rooms there!
  • You should be able to reach experience level 2

Other bits:

• Fixed a long standing problem where your weight could fall below the minimum.
  • Fixed another long standing problem which stopped eating custard transforming you more than once.
  • Transformations now affect your body length, as well as your legs
  • Fixed mysterious blank lines in the story pane - tracked down to male genitalia
  • Fixed being able to hear NPCs talking in other rooms
  • Fixed third person singular verb generation (and learnt something in the process)
  • Fixed yet more save game/serialisation errors

As usual, download from the usual place, and start a new game. Previous saves will not have the new content, and will likely fail to load.

If you can support me on ko-fi, it would be really appreciated as I have very limited income at the moment.

20 Likes

Hmm. You don’t seem to be able to lose weight anymore by skipping time with an empty stomach…

Also, even using Debug I can’t drop below 53.9 lb, making me a “very fat” female kobold at 42", and unable to wear Rochaine’s clothing…

I think I’m going to have to set up some test cases for these to see what is happening. With the transformation the game picks your final size from a randomly generated transformation seed, so it’s possible that you end up taller or shorter than Rochaine is so there’s no guarantee her clothes would fit you.

I’ve found an error in the body calculations as a result of looking into this. Rochaine’s weight wasn’t scaling properly for her diminutive height, even for a Kobold, which meant her clothing was sized ridiculously large. So, yes, it was never going to fit! I’m also switching to body fat percentage rather then BMI (which is just broken for shortstacks).

I think I’ve a handle on the weight loss limit, investigations ongoing…

1 Like

Happy to help?

BMI is just broken… in general. It takes no account for the source of the mass, meaning a complete musclehead can be considered “overweight” via BMI while having well under 20% body fat. It’s only really applicable to the “average” person, and even then it’s an imperfect guide.