Release 0.29 2020-03-08 (Patreon Early Access)

Yaffaif Build v0.29 is now available to Patreons with early access. This release will be publicly available in a month.

Descriptions have changed a lot in this release, adding more detail, as Irevised things to be able to handle more species and colour transformations. I also changed the size reporting from BMI to Body Fat Percentage (BFP) as it is a lot more reliable for heights outside normal human ranges.

New stuff:

• Added the village gate, side street, and guard’s house
  • Added a new character Alexis Ward who guards the gate to the village
  • Alexis can start the incomplete Village Bandits quest
  • You can get beer from the bar in the kobold mine
  • Added Body Fat Percentage (BFP) and use this instead of BMI to describe characters
  • Added descriptions of head and body including fur colouring and patterns
  • Added skunk as a starting species as requested by the first Genetic Engineer patron

User interface stuff:

• Added a credits tab for the people who have helped support the project
  • Added pre-built characters (there are none so far) to the Patreon build
  • Added a skin colour customisation in the character builder
  • Show colours in some kind of order
  • Fixed a layout issue in the divider between status and controls
  • Fixed the initialisation of the character builder so the initial height and weight are correct

Other bits:

• When talking to a character questions can have a cool down before they can be asked again
  • Talking to a character can build trust and friendship
  • Added xkcd colours to the list of colours the engine knows about
  • Fixed a bug where the description would only mention one thigh
  • Fixed a bug where sex experience was not being awarded
  • Fixed a null pointer exception in Debug mode

Known bugs:

• Kobold guards have been caught eating their own “weapons” - it’s emergent behaviour (sort of)
  • If the player dies the game pauses briefly as it runs several in-game hours of “simulation”
  • Starting character sizes may be a little off after changes and need some further tuning

If you would like to support the development you can do so on Patreon. It would be really appreciated as I have very limited income at the moment. Alternatively, if Patreon isn’t your thing I have a tip jar on ko-fi

10 Likes

Quick question: do you plan on adding some sort of muscle/exercise system in addition to the fat/weight gain system?

In the next version there’s going to be the opportunity to work in the Smithy, which will build strength up to a point and burn calories (other than that the best bet is the 1km long walk from the village square to your house). In a future version the job will tie in with imagined skill system. Once I’ve the shop sort of working I’ll be doing a new release.
I’ve also fixed a bug in the digestion code so it’s more realistic in terms of when you get hungry.

2 Likes

Excuse me. I’m getting this thing popping up every time I try to play the game. My Java is working but the command prompt says “Unable to access jarfile game fx2.jar.” What does that mean and how do I fix it?

I’m pretty sure that means you haven’t unpacked the zip file properly. Remember not to navigate into the archive using windows explorer. GameFX2.jar should be right there next to the start.bat script like this:
inst3