Release 0.30 (Public) and 0.31 (Patreon Early Access)

The public v0.30 release sees the first shop being opened for business. If you’ve been having wardrobe malfunctions, this will help if you have the coin. Shops restock over time if they’ve cash to pay suppliers. The game also gets a working economy, or at least a tax and support system, so that wealth can be redistributed amongst NPCs.

Digestion gets an overhaul, adding an energy store to the body that has to be filled or emptied before fat is added/consumed. The hunger meter behaves in a more realistic way, depending on both reserves and fullness.

New stuff:

• Added a stew pot to the mine’s kitchen that’s topped up by Frank.
  • Idling NPCs now eat and drink as they wish.
  • You can work at the smithy to build strength (up to a point currently).
  • Village shop open for purchases.

User interface stuff:

• Added a shop tab for buying (and, in future, selling).
  • Added tool tips to the action menus and buttons. Hover over an item to see its description.

Other bits:

• Created a version of the one-true-parser that can handle text substitutions.
  • Fixed an issue when defining factions in the game.
  • Fixed an issue when “deep-setting” values in the game’s XML.
  • Added a condition to NPCs drinking desire.
  • Fixed NPCs clothing messages.
  • Fixed pronouns in “lock after” message

Known bugs:

• Kobold guards have been caught eating their own “weapons” - it’s emergent behaviour (sort of)
  • If the player dies the game pauses briefly as it runs several in-game hours of “simulation”
  • Starting character sizes may be a little off after changes and need some further tuning

As usual, download from the usual place, and start a new game. Previous saves will not have the new content, and will likely fail to load.

If you would like to support the development you can do so on Patreon where there are a number of different rewards, including walk-throughs, developer documentation, and early access…

Release v0.31 (Patreon Early Access) includes:

• Sleeping, dreaming, and fatigue.
  • First three dreams.
  • First part of main quest.
  • Additional dialogue with some villagers.
  • Goats as a starting species.

Alternatively, if Patreon isn’t your thing I have a tip jar on ko-fi

8 Likes

How do I get the PC to have sex? I haven’t figured it out

The sex stuff is at a very early stage, as it isn’t the main focus right now. There are some obvious prerequisites: you both have to be naked, horny, and have a sufficient relationship. Since most of the NPCs are clothed and not in the habit of taking off their clothes this is fairly limiting. The two already naked NPCs are in the mines.

Is there a way to fatten up or make the npcs fatter via debug mode?

I can think of a few ways of doing this. At some future point you’ll be able to give them food directly, but that’s not a thing yet. For the NPCs that idle (ie. they have times of day where they do as they wish) you can just leave food where they will find it, and they can just eat it, but that depends on their attitude to gaining.

For the rest of this you’ll need to know the id of the NPC in question, which you can find from the Debug panel. For these examples I’ll use [val1.village.hospital.kerry], but they apply to any of them.

Take control of the character (then have them eat whatever you want):
/=/player([val1.village.hospital.kerry])
Changing back:
/=/player([val1.home.main.player])

Just adding weight:
/=[val1.village.hospital.kerry].body.addMass(1000) adds 1kg (1000g 2.2lbs) of fat

These next few work by changing the NPCs goal weight, and will only affect those who can idle. Kerry doesn’t currently, so lets use Alexis:

/=[val1.village.gate.alexis].mind.setGoalWeightThou(1200) makes Alexis want to fatten up to 120% of her current weight.
OR:
/=[val1.village.gate.alexis].mind.setMassTarget(200000) makes Alexis want to gain until she reaches 200kg (440lbs).

You can also fiddle with their digestion:

/=[val1.village.gate.alexis].body.digestion.setEfficiency(10000) makes Alexis’s gut 10x more efficient at converting calories to fat (so it only take 900kcals to gain 1kg).

/=[val1.village.gate.alexis].body.digestion.setCapacityBoost(10000) makes Alexis’s stomach hold 10x the normal value.

You may well want her to have plenty of cash to buy food:
/=[val1.village.gate.alexis].purse.earn(10000)

If you make these changes then go hang out in The Roses where Alexis goes for food then you should just be able to watch her stuff herself - arguably more fun. Since Alexis will now be spending more cash with Arthur, he will have more cash to pay you for working too.

2 Likes

Holy cow, thanks for the info! And to be honest, that’s the character I wanted to fatten up XD
Character being Alexis!

Not a problem! This is one of those areas where the underlying code is doing much more than is actually exposed in the play.

The village shop still seems to be closed on my end, and the shop tab is greyed out

The shop is only open Mon-Sat 9:00 to 17:30 - which Dot, the owner, will tell you. The tab is only available once you are inside the shop.

ah, okay. One other question - is there a way to cheat weight into the game without having to eat loads and loads? I wanna see how the description changes as I grow

Yes, if you scroll up to about 7 days ago you’ll see a list of things for NPCs. For the player character you can do the add weight one, and fiddle their digestion and capacity, just use the ID [val1.home.main.player] or replace it with $0 which refers to the player in console mode. And there are the re-spawning test items in the shed, if you haven’t found that yet.

How the Hell do I not Kill everyone, I keep Aggroing the Kobalds and I don’t know why.

I’m suffering the same issue

@jcjonesacp76, @cerberus: first up, you need to not do everything Rochaine tells you to do - she’s messing with you. Then you need to backtrack and find the other way in.

A bit late responding, life does that to you but I have no idea how I keep not finding this other entrance. Im an idiot or something

Take a torch out of one of the sconces.

Weird, I always thought i had to fight the fish XD

Technically, no you don’t - you can grab what you need there and move on. It doesn’t hurt to fight them though, and may be beneficial. You might like raw fish!