The public v0.30 release sees the first shop being opened for business. If you’ve been having wardrobe malfunctions, this will help if you have the coin. Shops restock over time if they’ve cash to pay suppliers. The game also gets a working economy, or at least a tax and support system, so that wealth can be redistributed amongst NPCs.
Digestion gets an overhaul, adding an energy store to the body that has to be filled or emptied before fat is added/consumed. The hunger meter behaves in a more realistic way, depending on both reserves and fullness.
- Added a stew pot to the mine’s kitchen that’s topped up by Frank.
- Idling NPCs now eat and drink as they wish.
- You can work at the smithy to build strength (up to a point currently).
- Village shop open for purchases.
User interface stuff:
- Added a shop tab for buying (and, in future, selling).
- Added tool tips to the action menus and buttons. Hover over an item to see its description.
- Created a version of the one-true-parser that can handle text substitutions.
- Fixed an issue when defining factions in the game.
- Fixed an issue when “deep-setting” values in the game’s XML.
- Added a condition to NPCs drinking desire.
- Fixed NPCs clothing messages.
- Fixed pronouns in “lock after” message
- Kobold guards have been caught eating their own “weapons” - it’s emergent behaviour (sort of)
- If the player dies the game pauses briefly as it runs several in-game hours of “simulation”
- Starting character sizes may be a little off after changes and need some further tuning
As usual, download from the usual place, and start a new game. Previous saves will not have the new content, and will likely fail to load.
If you would like to support the development you can do so on Patreon where there are a number of different rewards, including walk-throughs, developer documentation, and early access…
Release v0.31 (Patreon Early Access) includes:
- Sleeping, dreaming, and fatigue.
- First three dreams.
- First part of main quest.
- Additional dialogue with some villagers.
- Goats as a starting species.
Alternatively, if Patreon isn’t your thing I have a tip jar on ko-fi