This release reveals the first two gods in Yaffaif world, or at least their influence. Donating to a God, or carrying one of their fetishes can (arguably) have a beneficial effect on a character. Though it would be more accurate to say they are likely beneficial for the God in question.
- Gods, shrines, and fetishes.
- Road to Twizelford now open with two paths and the bandit camp.
- First rough of the farm.
- Village bandit quest can now be completed.
- Fertility statue now “works”.
- Advent dream now room-complete, but not puzzle complete.
User interface stuff:
- English units include handling of yards and miles.
- Metric units now handle kilometres.
- Fixed occasional bizarre unit changes in some messages.
- Looking at containers and composites will reveal contents if appropriate.
- People have tool-tips that reveal their full name (if known).
- NPCs that have no sleep “job” no longer require sleep.
- NPCs that cannot search for food no longer need it.
- Gods can affect physical attributes and stats.
- Gods can provide hints in locations.
- Support for HTML Latin entities by name.
- Complete re-work of “containment” ie. what is in/on where.
- Initial wielded weapon fixed.
- Added “decorations” - things you can (just) look at in game.
- Added “mention” flag to items and exits so they don’t get listed if they are already covered by the long room description.
- Fixed “There is” preamble where the item is a multiple, like trousers.
- Added conditions to using exits, and a carrying-item trap
- Format error reporting on messages.
- Fixed time handling in composites.
- Ironed out many minor niggles, typos, and bugs.
- 66 different locations (and another 126 in the advent dream).
- 19 NPC characters.
- 1373 Java classes (228k+ lines, 5.1Mbytes of source code).
- 43 Story files (11k+ lines, 280kbytes).
- Kobold guards have been caught eating their own “weapons” - it’s emergent behaviour (sort of)
- If the player dies the game pauses briefly as it runs several in-game hours of “simulation”
- Starting character sizes may be a little off after changes and need some further tuning
As usual, download from the usual place, and start a new game. Previous saves will not have the new content, and will likely fail to load.
If you would like to support the development you can do so on Patreon where there are a number of different rewards, including walk-throughs, early access, developer documentation, and more… .
Release v0.33(Patreon Early Access) includes:
- Added a third route to Twizelford.
- Game over possible in Twizelford Road area.
- New “death” recovery for the Twizelford Road area leads to PC capture.
- Possibility of learning lock pick skill.
Alternatively, if Patreon isn’t your thing I have a tip jar on ko-fi