This release adds a skill system to the game so that the player character
can develop skills. The first one is a lock picking skill which you can
learn from the new thief character Kelsi. However, to meet her you will
have to be captured.
- Added a third route to Twizelford.
- Game over possible in Twizelford Road area.
- New “death” recovery for the Twizelford Road area leads to PC capture.
- Possibility of learning lock pick skill.
User interface stuff:
- Several minor bug fixes.
- Fixes to the action generation system to track containment changes.
- Generic lock implementation.
- Added locked chests, cages, and lock pick tools.
- New skill system.
- Named game over messages.
- Improved performance after player beaten in combat.
- 73 different locations (and another 126 in the advent dream).
- 23 NPC characters.
- 1434 Java classes (237k+ lines, 5.3Mbytes of source code).
- 45 Story files (12k+ lines, 301kbytes).
- Kobold guards have been caught eating their own “weapons” - it’s emergent behaviour (sort of)
- Starting character sizes may be a little off after changes and need some further tuning
As usual, download from the usual place, and start a new game. Previous saves will not have the new content, and will likely fail to load.
If you would like to support the development you can do so on Patreon where there are a number of different rewards, including walk-throughs, early access, developer documentation, and more… .
Release v0.34(Patreon Early Access) includes:
- Opening of the farm shop.
- The first cow-girl character.
- Bovine species (not playable, yet)
- Bug fixes for the Kobold cook.
- Bug fixes for food supplies.
Alternatively, if Patreon isn’t your thing I have a tip jar on ko-fi