Transformations have been the focus of this sprint, with a significant
re-work of the body maths to allow for the whole body size to change
correctly. This means that the player (or anyone else affected) can
finally reach the correct height for a kobold (or any other species).
The transformation also includes the colour of your skin for the first time,
exposing a long hidden part of the engine that deals with mutating colours.
Testing this took longer than anticipated, and revealed several bugs that
got fixed along the way.
- Kobold transformation now includes skin colour change.
- Completed transformation of arm length, neck length and head size.
- Potions indicate when you haven’t consumed the whole potion.
User interface stuff:
- For once, unchanged!
- Fixed eels incorrectly damaging tattoos and brands.
- Internally distinguish between intrinsic and carried weapons.
- Fixed species name transition.
- Fixed torso transformation.
- New body part modelling (cylinder, cone frustum) fix minimum mass errors and allow for future changes.
- Added randomised colour selectors.
- Added point and vector maths for 3D/RGB space computation.
- Fixed rounding error in BodyMath.
- Fixed double counting of neck mass in Body.
- 79 different locations (and another 126 in the advent dream).
- 25 NPC characters.
- 1460 Java classes (244k+ lines, 5.5Mbytes of source code).
- 49 Story files (13k+ lines, 319kbytes).
- Bandits becoming unreasonably horny while you are caged by Nug.
- Kobold guards have been caught eating their own “weapons” - it’s emergent behaviour (sort of)
- Starting character sizes may be a little off after changes and need some further tuning
As usual, download from the usual place, and start a new game. Previous saves will not have the new content, and will likely fail to load.
If you would like to support the development you can do so on Patreon where there are a number of different rewards, including walk-thoughs, early access, developer documentation, and more…
Release v0.38 (Patreon Early Access) includes:
- New parts of the village
- New parts of Twizzleford
- Opening and closing exits
- Looking at locks
- Fetishes take effect when left in a room
- Fixed characters not sleeping in their beds
Alternatively, if Patreon isn’t your thing I have a tip jar on ko-fi.