Release 0.38 2021-02-10 and 0.39 (Patreon Early Access)

New locations have been added to the village and Twizzleford, though it is a bit of a tease preparing for upcoming quest lines. Doors and locks have been re-worked, and the player can now examine locks revealing what is known about them. The player can also open and close doors without passing through. Fetishes, such as the statue, can affect all people in a room if they are not carried - so have fun with that one.

New stuff:

• New parts of the village
  • New parts of Twizzleford
  • Opening and closing exits
  • Looking at locks
  • Fetishes take effect when left in a room

User interface stuff:

• Actions on exits available in the Location tab

Other bits:

• Fixed characters not sleeping in their beds
  • Fix exit names and prototypes
  • NPCs looking at items is mentioned to player

Metrics:

• 89 different locations (and another 126 in the advent dream).
  • 25 NPC characters.
  • 1470 Java classes (246k+ lines, 5.6Mbytes of source code).
  • 51 Story files (13k+ lines, 330kbytes).

Known bugs:

• Bandits becoming unreasonably horny while you are caged by Nug.
  • Kobold guards have been caught eating their own “weapons” - it’s emergent behaviour (sort of)
  • Starting character sizes may be a little off after changes and need some further tuning

[WG, Weasyl]
As usual, download from the usual place, and start a new game. Previous saves will not have the new content, and will likely fail to load.

If you would like to support the development you can do so on Patreon where there are a number of different rewards, including walk-thoughs, early access, developer documentation, and more…

Release v0.39 (Patreon Early Access) includes:

• Healing potions available from the nurse
  • Village shop is now offering laundry, repairs and alterations
  • Village shop will buy unwanted items
  • Kerry’s place now has a kitchen and bedroom
  • Kerry has downtime, and sleeps at night
  • Kerry has some additional dialogue

Alternatively, if Patreon isn’t your thing I have a tip jar on ko-fi.

5 Likes

The download link appears to still have 0.37 as the latest public release available? I tested it in case it was a typo, but sure enough Twizzleford doesn’t have the new areas.

Sorry, I didn’t spot the the upload had timed out. Should be good now.

Yaaay. More cat content.

I love how this game can find a balance where both people who like anthropomorphism and wg fetish. I’m personally not a furry, and do not enjoy its aspects, but this game has enough of what I like and the anthropomorphic characters are subtle enough, to the point where even I can enjoy the game.
Other than that the 0.38 doesn’t really seem to add too much, just some empty locations, but I am interested in what “Fetishes take effect when left in a room” means.

1 Like

Thanks for saying that, it is appreciated. Obviously furry is one of my preferences, but I didn’t want it to be in your face for those that don’t. Later (far later) down the line I hope to add an option to convert the outwardly furry characters to kemonomimi/monster(girl/boys) with fewer animal characteristics or even none at all where their species isn’t a part of the game (e.g. there’s no good reason for Kerry to be a cat girl, so she could become human, but Bluebell would remain a cow-girl/hucow).

At the moment a lot of work is under the covers, building out the engine, bug fixing, and improving the UI bit by bit. Story/plot work tends to be secondary, but drives what’s being developed/fixed in the engine.

As for the fetish (the statue) it has some effects that trigger overnight if you are holding it. Now if you leave it somewhere (i.e. someone else’s sleeping area) it will affect them in the same way instead!

1 Like