This release sees significant upgrades to the in game shops. The village store is open for laundry, repairs and alterations to your clothing. Dot will also buy old items you have no further use for. Healing potions are also available from the nurse in the village.
- Healing potions available from the nurse
- Village shop is now offering laundry, repairs and alterations
- Village shop will buy unwanted items
- Kerry’s place now has a kitchen and bedroom
- Kerry has downtime, and sleeps at night
- Kerry has some additional dialogue
User interface stuff:
- Shops have service and sell tabs
- Improvements to shop user interface
- Improvements to the XML handling code that reads the initial game state
- NPC sleep can be interrupted when needed
- 91 different locations (and another 126 in the advent dream).
- 25 NPC characters.
- 1491 Java classes (251k+ lines, 5.7Mbytes of source code).
- 52 Story files (13k+ lines, 337kbytes).
- Bandits becoming unreasonably horny while you are caged by Nug.
- Kobold guards have been caught eating their own “weapons” - it’s emergent behaviour (sort of)
- Starting character sizes may be a little off after changes and need some further tuning
As usual, download from the usual place, and start a new game. Previous saves will not have the new content, and will likely fail to load.
If you would like to support the development you can do so on Patreon where there are a number of different rewards, including walk-throughs, early access, developer documentation, and more… .
Release v0.40 (Patreon Early Access) includes:
- Start of new revenge parents quest
- Getting dry after falling in the river quest (suggested by @Lundar)
- Civilian guard building in Twizelford with Sgt Rusty Steele
- Better support for chairs and beds, fixing Orc cage oddities, and allowing characters to get stuck
- Saving and loading include story pane and units setting
- Updated debug screen and dialogue tester
Alternatively, if Patreon isn’t your thing I have a tip jar on ko-fi