Requesting Critique of fat 3d Female Model

Have you tried the wiggle bones blender add on?

One reason I’ve never gotten that good of a wiggle bone is that I have only ever tried learning daz not blender. But that link is very informative for anyone looking to try their hand at what you’re doing in blender, so thanks!

If you are interested in learning more form blender I can send you more links for how to set this up.

Progress on the Orc Lady. Next steps will be sculpting skin details and baking them. I’ll probably tweak this hair, but I am also considering doing another version with Blender’s hair particle system rather than curves. Then I think I’ll go into texture painting.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Orc progress Vid.zip (1.4 MB)

It has been too long but here are some updates to the character model. There’s always work to be done. I am still not happy about the face, though I think the hair has gone through some good overhauls. On top of that the braid has physics, though it’s still a bit janky. Right now I am getting stuck on the physics for the body parts, they are working (minus the glitching on the side) but when I move the character in different poses things tend to explode. I think there’s some sort of misalignment issue going on, or I just need to make the physics proxies after I’ve already posed the character.

My hope is that I can get some nice still renders with the character posed with physics enabled in the coming month. After that I hope to make a short walk cycle animation.

1 Like