Retribution

My girlfriend and I made this game a while back , and somebody suggested I posted it here; so here goes.

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/s_ek-oqv4k6og_bqwglmog/retribution

A weight gain text adventure for the feint of heart. VERSION 21949.1 (now with a minor bugfix)!!!

Set in the far future; past the age of man, the wealthy heiress of an entire solar system prepares herself and her manor for The Feast of Elest; a gathering of wealthy nobles and the like. It is an opportunity to gather favour and support from her subjects and to ensure the continuity of her reign, and the prosperity of her people. Unfortunately, the allure and temptation of gluttony and sin can be all too tempting, especially to one who has never lifted a finger her entire life. Born with a silver spoon in her mouth, can you guide her to a strong and benevolent rule? or will the only prosperity her people see be that of her burgeoning waistline?

The next update will see more characters and the beginnings of the preparation for the feast. Choices will be made, invitations sent, and the wealthy elite of the planet will begin to arrive.

If you would like to see your character show up in the game, send a bio and description (as many as you want) to the deviant art group at the bottom of the page. The characters I like will be chosen and added in to the game; and perhaps for the lucky few, as playable characters as ‘companions’.

Make your character detailed and interesting and there’ll be more chance of them showing up.

New Update! If you want details check the group journals…NOW WITH COMBAT!!!

intellectual property rights and copyright of all thematic materials, characters, lore and fiction are retained unless under explicit exemption or permission from the author. If this is violated, make no mistake for I WILL NOT HESITATE to have Greg Chambers / admin@piracypitbull.com hunt you down also my dad owns microsoft and I will have you banned from the internet and also xbox live

make sure to do ‘look at self’. It has different descriptions from the mirror, as it’s looking down POV. also, sleep. the descriptions are different depending if you are stuffed or hungry, and sleep resets stuffed meter.

it’s pretty bad, but it’s mostly a proof of concept. Weight is actually ‘gained’ and many descriptions change depending on your weight. There are also a few scales scattered about; which dynamically track your gain.

weight is gained by getting calories from foods which are calculated when you sleep, however this system is disabled at the moment, and food directly adds weight. When it’s finished, you will need to sleep between eating and it will take more than one day of eating lol.

There are currently 5-6ish endings! if you get them all, you get kudos!

Here is a deviantart group with update info if anyone is keen to find out what’s new:

So far so good! I like the appearance of these shorter text games - while not as gigantic as other projects, they have a lot of fun writing and have good stories. I’ve been messing with this one for a bit, currently trying to figure out how to get the water inflation scene (I figure it’s linked to the fountain wish somehow) and figure out the last key-code… I got second one by binary search, but I am kinda stumped on the third since I can’t find any clues in the house and the keypad just grunts at me :p.

Have you tried using the screwdriver to unscrew it from the door? :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry to ‘screw’ with you, hope you don’t fly off the ‘handle’… Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: The water inflation scene is actually at the mana fountain

Mana fountain? Care to tell me where that is, I don’t think I’ve seen it yet.
EDIT: Never mind found it!

Wow, I absolutely LOVE this. I admittedly am a HUGE fan of the various health impacts obesity has on the body and even kept puffing on those cigarettes, thinking something might pop up there. Maybe there’ll be something akin to that pretty soon? I hope so!

Also, is there an actual clue to the computer password?

[quote=“Chrizzm, post:5, topic:927”]Wow, I absolutely LOVE this. I admittedly am a HUGE fan of the various health impacts obesity has on the body and even kept puffing on those cigarettes, thinking something might pop up there. Maybe there’ll be something akin to that pretty soon? I hope so!

Also, is there an actual clue to the computer password?[/quote]

Hey thanks! good feedback’s all that’s keeping me going at the moment, so you’ve officially contributed, lol. I’m going to add more later on with the cigarettes, and also some other health implications (all optional, of course) so stay tuned! The computer has more than one password, which do different things. Unfortunately for now only two are active, one of which is kind of a joke, but you can discover clues by ASKing characters in the game about them.

They way quest works means that conversations don’t show up in the right hand action list like other verbs, so it can kind of be a bit hit and miss. Good luck!

How do I ASK others characters about the password? It says that command is invalid.

try ask x about x

Anything you aren’t sure about is also heavily documented in the Quest documentation and FAQ if you want more info

Thanks! I was just going off of all the ones given by the help command. I think that’s every ending, now to read that documentation…

Is the documentation just the information about the quest program? cause I could use some help with the game, the only ending I seem to be able to find is the mana fountain ending

[quote=“Aldors, post:6, topic:927”][quote=“Chrizzm, post:5, topic:927”]Wow, I absolutely LOVE this. I admittedly am a HUGE fan of the various health impacts obesity has on the body and even kept puffing on those cigarettes, thinking something might pop up there. Maybe there’ll be something akin to that pretty soon? I hope so!

Also, is there an actual clue to the computer password?[/quote]

Hey thanks! good feedback’s all that’s keeping me going at the moment, so you’ve officially contributed, lol. I’m going to add more later on with the cigarettes, and also some other health implications (all optional, of course) so stay tuned! The computer has more than one password, which do different things. Unfortunately for now only two are active, one of which is kind of a joke, but you can discover clues by ASKing characters in the game about them.

They way quest works means that conversations don’t show up in the right hand action list like other verbs, so it can kind of be a bit hit and miss. Good luck![/quote]

Seconded on wanting health issues! I just discovered this game this morning. It’s really big already, could someone point me in the right direction for any existing health related content?

Anything new on this project?

hang portrait on wall

Man, I don’t know if I’m an idiot, or what, but I cannot get anywhere in this game. I eat a handful of various junk food, find a screwdriver, a sword, a pack of cigarettes… Then i just kind wander around.

I managed to get murdered by Azrael. That’s the only “ending” i’ve seen.

Also, dead project is dead?

Same as Jerkajerk, I kinda got lost in the big house, managed to gain some weight and got killed by an angry Azrael.

Maybe divide the project in small, enjoyable chapters?

This is pretty good I can’t wait until the next update

Well I have to say you did really well with the computer password thing and it actually made me do some studying about the guy who played/playes (I don’t watch breaking bad) Walter white and even though the password I came up with that worked (a Malcolm in the middle reference) even though it wasn’t the ending I was looking for but I have one complaint that I was stumped with the password for a while because I thought it was the guy who played hal9000 in space odyssey but otherwise a great game and after getting the password and opening the vault I was left even more excited for the next update keep doin what your doing and well if this were an actual game with a budget and graphics and a price I’d buy it ;D