RimRound - a Rimworld Weight Gain Mod (Beta release!)

hi, downloaded the alpha and enabled it in the modlist, after restart of the game, I have the new background, but when I look under options for the modsettings I can´t find this mod, am I overseeing something?

The settings for this mod are actually a tab in the game itself. When you start a game there’s an RR tab on the bottom right.

Do i need the dlcs for the mod to work properly?

ty, found the setting like you said storymaker

You should not! At some point I plan to add ideology content but currently there isn’t really any.

I noticed that if you make a custom scenario, giving everyone any of the traits, they don’t get the moodlet for liking or disliking fat. Am I missing something?

The way they are implemented is a little different! If you would like to change those, go to your settings, enter dev mode and raise (or lower) their weight opinion with the button that appears when you click them.

1 Like

I have spent some time playing around with this mod and yeah it is just impressive enough to me that I needed to post here. There are several overhauls at play and they all mesh surprisingly well with the content from the base game. The way diets work means it takes some effort to plump up your colony, especially with the way weight gain affects movement, and it makes me play the game slightly different from normal. The kink aspect works, but the food inflow maximization that I end up settling into with this mod is pretty solid from a gameplay standpoint, and holds my attention pretty well.

If I had complaints, they would all center around how I want you to expand this mod! If I can spitball: I feel like there could be more fetish content, and can imagine several more mechanics that thoughtfully incorporate that fetish content. More variety in food, with more minor buffs and debuffs, could be interesting, and affect the workflow – especially with new base ingredients to make farming more diverse as you pump out more food for colonists. Maybe more mood modifiers related to weight gain?

Even without those additions, I think the mod is very solid, and recommend it to anyone who is reading here that enjoys rimworld at all. Very cool project!

5 Likes

Another issue I’ve been having is the sprites being cut off, and I can’t seem to fix it.

I’ve tried reorganizing my mods, only using the ones needed for this one, but nope, it still doesn’t work for me. Any ideas?

1 Like

Happens to me as well. Not sure what the cause is.

1 Like

You have to disable texture caching in Vanilla Framework Expanded

6 Likes

Question! at the begening of any game the sprites dont appear at all even though the stats say they are fat, chubby etc

you have to disable texture caching

Can anyone help me understand how the modded food dispenser works? I managed to put food in the countainers, but I can’t seem to get it out.

The work put in this mod is impressive and I do like the mod on a technical scale, however I am not impressed with the sprites, personally I find them very unappealing, particularly the larger weights and I prefer other nude body mods despite the lack of visual progress when it comes to weight gain itself.
Further down the line I would be grateful if there was visual support for rjw mods as I do frequently use them in my runs, but as of now I won’t be using this mod, because I believe it still needs a lot more polish.

Keep in mind the food dispenser isnt really for weight gain right now because of its limitations, but as far as usage:

• The food processor with hopper to converts food to liquid
  • The liquid can be moved about to other devices by connected food pipes
  • The food faucet is how pawns eat from the system. They will walk up to it and gradually eat from it.
  • The food storage vats do what you’d imagine and store excess liquid food.
    If you’d like you can post a picture of your setup and I can see what might be the problem! It is a bit buggy too, so unless its for “cleaning” taboo foods I wouldnt bother using it outside of curiosity.

The sprites from this mod can be disabled in the options if you don’t like the visuals! If that doesn’t work due to a mod conflict let me know which mod needs support and I can see how they do body assignments. Furthermore, if you’re able/willing or know someone who is I will gladly add alternative sprite sets!

2 Likes

I was not aware that there was an option to disable body morphs, so I shall be using it from now on. But on the topic of mod support. I am using rjw nude bodies, because with rjw proper comes a new system for genitals and their sizes, but only affecting stats. And another mod I use on top of is “rjw nude bodies” , which adds sprites on top of the bodies so as to show the different sizes visually, whilst keeping the body base the same. Obviously this wouldn’t work properly with a mod that changes the bodies so I didn’t even try to use it with this mod, and presuming that the visuals in this mod aren’t final I don’t know if it’s worth integrating yet.

Sadly I don’t have a lot of experience visual-wise and since this is a preference that I would rather keep to myself, I also don’t have any contacts who would be interested in making sprites for a mod like this.

I hope you don’t take anything what I said as discouragement, as I only want the best for the future of this mod and so that when it eventually does receive a proper release I hope it is something that everyone here can enjoy

Istantanea_2022-04-01_10-33-43

Thanks for your help! Yes, I am just curious of its current state. I am so sorry for the mess of a screenshot this is :sweat_smile:

Great work on the mod so far, really love the new systems! I’ve found a bug when custom sprites are disabled that after a reload all vanilla sprites get set and forced to “Slim”. Changing body type to another vanilla sprite gets reverted to Slim after unpausing.

are there plans for ideaology integration

This mod singlehandedly brought me back to playing Rimworld (I stopped playing it when the two expansions came out). However, I’m having a problem whenever my pawns get close to blob size. I don’t know if I’m missing anything (or if I did something wrong.

Does anyone have the problem where the blob-sized pawns have their body not fully displaying?

1 Like