RimRound - a Rimworld Weight Gain Mod (Beta release!)

Yeah i picked up the wheelchair mod and am looking at any others that help improve the vanilla game(like prepare carefully and some prosthetics based mods).

As Rimround actually doesn’t diverge too much from the vanilla game apart from the stomach system, pretty much all mods can make sense next to it. I actually play it with PokeWorld.
Here are some suggestions I can give that can help with Rimround in particular and aren’t focused on implants or movement:

• Vanilla Expanded Fishing and Vanilla Expanded Cooking for more food sources and variety.
  • Recipe icons to help you navigate with all the food items the last two mods add.
  • Stack XXL if you end up with a lot of the added food.
  • Non uno Pinata to prevent pawns losing their guns when downed for any reason.

And of course, don’t forget general quality of life even when Rimround is disabled. Here are some lesser known ones:

• Common Sense mostly because pawns clean the bedrooms or workshops if they have to use them, but in general gives a better AI to some pawn actions.
  • DontBlockDoors to prevent pawns placing items on the doors’ cells.
  • Trade UI Revised for a fresh a quicker trade screen.
  • Yayo’s Animation to add a bit of life to the pawn sprites.
2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll definitely be on the lookout for these then.

Will blob beds be better than normal beds at some point? I use a pretty extensive mod list so having a 100 resting speed and nothing else gives little reason for my pawns to end up as blobs. Maybe give a mood bonus, workspeed bonus or something to incentivize it

That sounds very much like a you problem.

I mean, maybe the mood bonus makes sense, but I don’t think that part of the mod was ever meant to fill a mechanical niche.

aye I suppose that’s true, I have experience editing rimworld mod files to balance everything so I can personally change the resting speed bonus myself. Having a mood buff would be pretty cool regardless imo.

are there any fat memes that are added by the mod?

I don’t think I get what you mean by memes. Can you explain?

@anon111680000 Ideoligion Memes

@cruisannabell no, not currently.

I’d love to see some events get added relating to this, like that psychic drone thing that happens to boost mood can instead expand waistlines, or retrieving a pawn that got kidnapped only to find them immobile after months of being force fed. Or maybe a mental break where the pawn just eats ravenously, draining the colony of food. (that one kinda works for base game too actually) anyway just some ideas

2 Likes

just found out that last one is already in the game lol

Exploring the mod a bit further, I noticed prisoners have a “Fatten” option in their tab. Curious I clicked it and now the prisoser, even if reverted back to “Reduce Resistance” or “No Action”, will not eat anymore and starves unless I use Character Editor (workshop mod) to fill their Hunger and remove the moodlet manually. Doing so doesn’t fix the problem. I tried recreating a new prison cell but it did nothing. Is this known or happened to anyone else?

3 Likes

Yeah, same. You have to do some really specific stuff to get them to even eat one meal. What would be great is if there was some kind of automatic setting that makes prisoners set to “Fatten” (and colonists for convenience) to simply eat as much as their stomachs allow without causing a rupture. That way as their capacity expands, you don’t have to constantly update the fullness settings in the nutrition bar.

What do you mean with “really specific stuff”? I don’t have the nutrition section on my prisoner pawn.

Oh sorry, I didn’t mean the prisoner when I mentioned the nutrition bar. I was talking about the colonists.

hate to be that guy, but I can’t find anywhere to download the mod on the github

In the case of Rimround, where the mod files are directly avilable in the Github repository, use the green Code button and then choose Download ZIP.
Then, install the mod just like any other non-workshop mod.
https://www.rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Installing_mods

1 Like

Honestly, I quite like the more manual approach. But the overall system does need a bit of polish.
I do want to start giving some of my own contributions to the project as soon as I can.

Oh yeah, I get you. I don’t know, I just hate it when I’m trying to get my colonists to eat more than they need so they can stretch their capacity but at the same time not cause them to rupture. It can be really hard to manage it. X_X

Any chance of adding support for the Heyra the horned, or Maru races?