RPG Maker Game Interest Check

Heya! For those who don’t know,
I make RPG Maker VX Ace games for fun and in my spare time. I really want to contribute something great to the site, and I’ve been considering a few ideas.

Mainly, I was thinking about an open-ended, open world fantasy RPG inspired by things like Curse of the Lipomancer, or Niruela. The basic premise is that you play the role of an adventurer who explores the world and avoids (or seeks out, I know you peeps -3-) gaining weight or being inflated. Think a weight-gain focused Skyrim minus the main story in how it works. (Though guild questlines might be a thing.)

I’d be shooting for immersion too, so imagine things like getting slower as you get fatter, getting too fat for specific doorways, armor that comes in different sizes, different NPC reactions, the whole thing! Other fetishes like inflation, vore, IQ loss, slob, diapers, immobility, bursting, and more could be toggleable too.

I could go on and on about the individual features I’m thinking on, but mainly, I was hoping for an interest check on the idea, and if so, maybe some spriters who could help me make playable and NPC fatties?

Either way, hope to get some thoughts on the idea! ;D

I would like to see this we could always have more fetish based rpg maker games.

yeah this would be amazing, the only thing I’d suggest is an option to turn on and off certain other fetishes and have it as another weight gain event if a certain fetish is turned off (i.e if something normally turns the character into a baby for example, it would instead fatten them)

Lack of art is one of the reasons I haven’t made anything yet. I’m looking for solutions; maybe we could find some artists to commission. Finding someone who wants to do templates is a little trickier.

I’m very much into resistance-play. and so I hope you can find a way to make resisting gaining weight not feel like intentionally losing and/or going against gameplay.

I’ll be honest. If you’re here, and you’re capable of making a game, there’s interest! It can die fast, though, so make sure you’re at least working on a demo of some sort before you start making grand statements about how cool your thing is.

Making big plans and failing to deliver based on lost interest in the project or other things happening outside of development disappoints everyone, developer included, especially if it produced nothing at all.

[quote=“chillmistressfreia, post:5, topic:1090”]I’ll be honest. If you’re here, and you’re capable of making a game, there’s interest! It can die fast, though, so make sure you’re at least working on a demo of some sort before you start making grand statements about how cool your thing is.

Making big plans and failing to deliver based on lost interest in the project or other things happening outside of development disappoints everyone, developer included, especially if it produced nothing at all.[/quote]

_>

Game sounds rad! And very, very ambitious.

Don’t worry too much about what we clamor about and only make the game if it’s something you’ll enjoy doing. Ultimately, our community is not very big, so when project-ennui sets in, you’re going to have to power it with your own enthusiasm.

Well, I would be worried about biting off more than you can chew, but if you can get this out, then it sounds amazing.

Sounds good to me! A CotL inspired game could be awesome to play.:smiley:

If you need help with writing or idea making I could possibly lend a hand.:slight_smile:

[quote=“The-Incognito, post:9, topic:1090”]Sounds good to me! A CotL inspired game could be awesome to play.:smiley:

If you need help with writing or idea making I could possibly lend a hand.:)[/quote]

Definitely!

[quote=“ChubbyValeria, post:10, topic:1090”][quote=“The-Incognito, post:9, topic:1090”]Sounds good to me! A CotL inspired game could be awesome to play.:smiley:

If you need help with writing or idea making I could possibly lend a hand.:)[/quote]

Definitely![/quote]

Cool, glad to hear.:slight_smile:

My choice interests include weight gain, inflation, gassiness (burping and farting), and bursting (as long as the character comes back, but not instantly).

[quote=“chillmistressfreia, post:5, topic:1090”]I’ll be honest. If you’re here, and you’re capable of making a game, there’s interest! It can die fast, though, so make sure you’re at least working on a demo of some sort before you start making grand statements about how cool your thing is.

Making big plans and failing to deliver based on lost interest in the project or other things happening outside of development disappoints everyone, developer included, especially if it produced nothing at all.[/quote]

First of all, this person already has made more than one game so, it seems unlikely that they would fail to make anything. In my opinion, you should care less about disappointing people by not finishing. Instead, follow whatever ideas you shift interest to while re-purposing things you created from your previous projects you lost interest in and you should actually have a greater game. I guess I am saying that you should focus on getting skills and confidence that you can continue to use when interest fades from one project and maybe a few others. I have personally lost interest in many projects I was really excited for, but the effort from those projects is making the plans for my new game idea even more promising and powerful and my flexibility gives me ideas on how I might actually go back to those projects years from now.

Trying not to make mistakes will make game development harder, as far as I can see it.