RPG Maker MV Sideview battler

Hey, I know this question has been asked to death here but I still can’t quite wrap my head around it. I’m trying to use a bigger than normal, static png for the side view actor of my game, but I’ve seen so much conflicting information and can’t get anything to show up. I’ve tried using the VE Battler plugin (along with the engine of course) but I’ve read that you don’t even need to do that. I’ve also seen projects that don’t use any sort of plugin and have bigger sprites that work fine. What am I missing? Please help!

there are ways to do it but the easiest way I found is this Static SV Actor Image plugin on the rpgmakerweb forum.

Hope it helps you!

The no plugin way to do it would be to have your large image and duplicate it 54 times but that is a lot of effort and a waste of RAM.

Since you said they are bigger than usual you might also need to use the included plugin SVActorPosition.js to move them somewhere nicer looking.

1 Like

Thanks for the response! I’ve downloaded this plugin, however, I’m getting an error message whenever I go into a battle that reads “Cannot read property ‘height’ of null”. Is there a step I need to do that I’m missing?

Oh, nevermind! I did some trouble-shooting and figured out the problem. Thanks a ton, this works great