Sarah Goes to College—a Quest text-adventure—New Release (No Joke!)

That was a great read. Thank you! Hope to see more of it the future :slight_smile:

It’s been a week and I wanted to provide a small update. As background, I didn’t know what I was doing when I first started working on this—I’m a writer and know basically nothing about the backend of a computer, so this has all been trial and error, with liberal amounts of Googling in between. That said, I’ve been playing with the engine since the last update and have started figuring out how to do something more than the basic things I did initially as I muddled my way through.

So, what does that mean?

Unfortunately, it means I’m writing everything from scratch. I wanted to change how certain variables are tracked to make it easier going forward as the game’s options balloon (pun intended), and I decided this was the better option.

But on the plus side, it will allow me to :

• Move faster, since I’m retreading old story and I won’t have to constantly translate what my variables mean.
  • Fix some story issues that I wanted to deal with.
  • Expand (again, pun intended) the story beyond the fairly linear version that currently exists.

Hopefully within a week I’ll be able to put up the new version of the first two semesters and Christmas, then move onto the summer sequence. At the very least, I’m really having fun with it again, so I’ll keep on going.

25 Likes

Sounds great can’t wait to see more of this. Finished the story just a few days ago and loved it.

Lesgooo, can’t wait to play it. This is probably my favourite weight gain game on here.

1 Like

ive got lots of ideas :slight_smile: if you wanna hear them send me a message and ill tell you them lol

1 Like

Is there a way to view all games by a single author on https://textadventures.co.uk/ I notice that the author’s name next to the game title isn’t clickable? so how do you navigate to an author’s profile? As a player even I have a profile, yet I don’t see how to access an author’s profile?

thats cause you need to click on name under written by on the right side of the screen if you don’t see it just scroll down

Thanks, sorry for being dense, just so weird that link was hidden in the bottom corner, despite having the identical name top front center.

I never knew that, although it’s limited to public games being displayed.

Am I supposed to play through the game then activate the moment? Or activate the moment then play through the game?

It’s odd that it seems to be an epilogue but it’s literally one of the very first actions I stumbled upon?

Do actions taken at college effect the cruise? or vica versa? Or are they essentially just separate stories? (which should I do first, or is it irrelevant entirely which is first?) Or heck, is it even possible to return to college after the cruise at all?

The Moment is meant as an easy way to skip a good portion of the content while making you at your heaviest prior to the cruise.

Edit: Choices in the game will affect how heavy you are, while also influencing those around you.

Ah, I see so the moment skips the entire game, for people who’ve already played it. AKA I shouldn’t’ve clicked it on my first playthrough :slight_smile: thanks.

i put a sorta walk through higher up here check it out :slight_smile:

Hmm, I’m not sure if the author is still working on this, but if you join the run club, talk to summer as much as possible, text her for the date second semester, then go talk to her after second semester… you can look at her and see she gained 40 lbs but if you speak to her it’s blank and nothing at all happens.

If I’m correct the author is currently working on a new version of it, but there is quite a bit of game to check so we have to be patient.

I don’t know why but there is no longer a “Save” button to click when I’m playing the text adventure. It’s constantly freezing and I need to restart the game from the beginning every time. Tried just typing in /save but that did nothing.

I don’t think that’s this text adventures fault, just the site they use tends to freeze up, it freezes up when I play other text adventures on the site.

1 Like

The freezing up part is why I normally download the games to not have to worry about the site issues. Couldn’t speak about the save issue as I have not experienced. (I also haven’t played in awhile)

Unless they changed something very recently, you have to sign in to have access to the save function. Textadventures love to log a player out after a rather short amount of time.

2 Likes

download quest and the game and run it all locally off your computer, that fixes almost all such issues with all of the games on that site.

1 Like