Side tutorial 1: Mod integration

please take note that my most recent mod interferes with the compatibility between these 2 mods

As I was doing some testing with integration i figured out why so many people were having issues. The version of Nostradamus’s that is linked on the main FM website is an older build which was released when file merging wasn’t a thing… well anyway this shouldn’t matter for this specific case.

it really is a pretty simple task so I’ll write this up quick:

First gather the materials

[ol][li]get a fresh copy of fetish master: http://fm-dev.blogspot.com/p/download.html[/li]
[li]Get a copy of Nostordamus’s mod: either the better compatability version here: https://mega.nz/#!YRUjFDpb!EhpLEzC0i99S9X9kH8_mrPFH4aTgjaKoySD1ujxyMCU or the older not very compatible version here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ar1bsn7xchztcj/FMmod_V2.rar [/li]
[li]Get a copy of my mod here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jg8y4ifzy2tp1o9/Dohavocom_Belly_Mod%28myre_patch%29.zip[/li]
[li]don’t get a snack because this won’t take that long[/li][/ol]

Step one:

Extract ALL THE THINGS

Step two:

copy Nostradamus’s gamedata folder into Fetishmaster’s main directory. When it asks you what to do with conflicting files hit override

Step three:

Copy my mods game data folder into Fetishmaster’s main directory. When it asks you what to do with conflicting files hit override

Step four: Fatten those proxy’s up!. Well I suppose you don’t have to i guess.

That’s really all there is to it. Not that I’ve recently (like an hour ago) made a small update to the mod to better facilitate multiple mod installation. So if this didn’t work before, it should now.

Another thing to note. if you installed the (adapted) version of Nostradamus’s mod the order of instalation shouldn’t matter, but if you installed the other version then the order of installation does matter.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I really waiting for this.

Did it work out okay for you?

Sadly, but I encounter a problem. For completing dr. Felis quest you should make a friendship with Kau village. To do this you must complete three trials. For the second one you need to retrieve Daria’s blessing. So, i take the blessing, return to Kau village, try to talk with Kiana, and there goes nothing. Trigger to see her father again doesn’t work.

It’s been a while since I did that quest, but it you need something other than the standard blessing. Go back and search through the forest again; I don’t know if it would’ve triggered if it was the first time you met her.

It’s been a while since I did that quest, but it you need something other than the standard blessing. Go back and search through the forest again; I don’t know if it would’ve triggered if it was the first time you met her.[/quote]

Try that, and you might have to go and continue felis’s quest. My mod doesn’t have files anywhere close to that location so it’s not that

will there ever be a wiki or something where people can look up specific stat requirements or related items/encounters?

If Dohavocom is interested in populating it, I am going to offer wiki support on the server in the near future.

I wouldn’t be making it. I thought someone tried once but it got taken down. I’ve got enough work to do haha

Well, the nice thing about wikis is that its generated/curated by the community, so perhaps it’ll be one of the other users that takes it up.

If I recall the old wiki was taken down because its host (Wikia or someone similar) didn’t allow adult content. Obviously with a private host that wouldn’t be an issue so long as the server stayed online.

I think in most cases a wiki would only be slightly faster than digging through the event files; the scripting’s pretty basic and it’s not hard to read what stats or flags you need to have to trigger an event. In some cases finding out how to set those flags can be more of a pain, though, and the specific biology of most characters is a complete pain to nail down specifics of.

[quote=“jimbobvii, post:11, topic:743”]If I recall the old wiki was taken down because its host (Wikia or someone similar) didn’t allow adult content. Obviously with a private host that wouldn’t be an issue so long as the server stayed online.

I think in most cases a wiki would only be slightly faster than digging through the event files; the scripting’s pretty basic and it’s not hard to read what stats or flags you need to have to trigger an event. In some cases finding out how to set those flags can be more of a pain, though, and the specific biology of most characters is a complete pain to nail down specifics of.[/quote]

There are still things i don’t understand about the biology of the game though I’m always learning new things

hi and sorry if im seems to be a bit slow but do you have a encryption key to the better version of Nostordamus’s mod Dohavocom?

should be “fmaster” same as the base game

That key doesn’t seem to work. The section on the main website claims that fmaster is the key but I don’t know why it isn’t working.

I’m having a problem with the hot spring shine quest, the goddess sent me to find the descendant of the former high priestess for her vengeance who live in hilltown but when i go their nothing comes up, am i missing something?

The Nostradamus mod has trouble with the others sometimes - the quest’s target should be in Hilltown, but I’ve noticed that quest has problems with the most recent mods. Try it without other mods to make sure it works.

Maybe your stomach is too full? That is one thing that can disqualify the event from showing up. also if your stomach doesn’t have enough room from being too small the event also wouldn’t show up

Hi uh… is it possible that you can tell us what the decryption key is for the Mega Link?

I tried fmaster but it doesnt accept it.

EDIT: Nevermind i just had to remove “or the older not very compatible version here:” from the link…

I know this mostly been said before but for some reason I can’t open extract the files or go to Nostordamus’s mod as a whole with putting in a password.

It asking “enter password for encrypted file” and “enter decryption key”.

I think this has something to do with how old the files are or someshit but I have no idea. :\