Simple request for more food items.

Maybe some sort of pre-packaged elysium pastry?Maybe something along the lines of other pre-packaged food?

I was actually thinking of adding something like this earlier. It’ll be a sort of “survival cake”. A packaged, super dense dry block of sweet. very high in calories, but digests slowly due to its solidity.

Other than that there are plenty of foods in the works. I just need to get around to putting junk in, drawing up art and giving them effects.

Hopefully some sort of greasy, fried food too!

Dude…fastfood in some sort of town hub would be amazing!Maybe even have some addiction element to it aswell.

When I get back to working on more health detriment and similar themes I’ll be setting up addictions, withdrawal and of course plenty of unhealthy foods to test them out with.

At this moment though I’m tinkering on character creation and setting up a “body shape” customization set, and implementing a “material library” so that being force fed, eating and other forms of consumption all draw from the same reference point and aren’t so screwy to code around. It means that it’ll be easier to make feeding/eating scenes and something that is an apple or made up of apples will have the same properties and effects without me having to manually enter it all in for each scene (since the current system requires an item to get its properties as it travels through the inventory system; doesn’t work for thing that aren’t in the players hands like being fed or eating from the environment. bleck)

But…“Soon?”

How about something like, say, a fruit, that fills you with A LOT of juice(or water), or just causes you to swell with fluid overtime.

This may or may not be simple but we could add a cooking system. Get food items then craft/cook into something new . EG: eggs flour stuff like that and you can make a cake

[quote=“Atticus.Arc, post:5, topic:817”]When I get back to working on more health detriment and similar themes I’ll be setting up addictions, withdrawal and of course plenty of unhealthy foods to test them out with.

At this moment though I’m tinkering on character creation and setting up a “body shape” customization set, and implementing a “material library” so that being force fed, eating and other forms of consumption all draw from the same reference point and aren’t so screwy to code around. It means that it’ll be easier to make feeding/eating scenes and something that is an apple or made up of apples will have the same properties and effects without me having to manually enter it all in for each scene (since the current system requires an item to get its properties as it travels through the inventory system; doesn’t work for thing that aren’t in the players hands like being fed or eating from the environment. bleck)

But…“Soon?”[/quote]

Character creation body customization sound pretty great!

Well, I always planned on some form of blue berry inflation at some point. So juicy swelling will be a thing, in at least “single scene event” form but more is possible.

I briefly began work on a cooking system a while ago actually. Got distracted with more important stuff, but it is something I want to do. All the food items currently have material qualities. Like an apple has the qualities “red, sweet, pomacious, fruit” and if a recipe would require, sweets or fruit, and an item with those material qualities could be used. It wasn’t finished though and is just spare date floating around in the items. I’m going to be setting up a universal material system soon that’ll account for all these qualities and divorce the item systems reliance on the inventory system (oh, as I mentioned in the post before, didn’t realize I was repeating myself lol)
So, yes, a cooking and crafting system would be all the more easy to implement when I officialize all this junk.

Shouldn’t be too long. I’m deciding whether I should just post the admittedly very empty update otherwise, or try to work in some starting systems for the material system, which probably won’t be finished till after sunday. (so why make people wait if there won’t be a difference). bleh, anyways, I have some stuff to wrap up and then I’ll see.