Sims 4 Mod Ideas

I want sims 5 to be a pretty big upgrade over sims 4 and not be the downgrade like sims 4 was to sims 3. I want the open world back and many of the features dropped from sims 2 and 3 to come back. The way body adjustments are done should stay. I also hope for a huge update to the lighting because honestly sims 4 lighting is pretty weak. I also want a return of the stuffed moodlet from sims 3. Also want a higher poly model that distorts less when messing around with the body past its parameters.

2 Likes

Ah! So you’re hoping for Hell to freeze over!

Honestly though, I hope for the same, but I don’t trust EA to make any moral or even decent decisions. As much as I love their games, I hate buying from them because I feel like I’m just rewarding their evil business practices.

3 Likes

Tiggertoo have you been following the development of Paralives? I heard it’s supposed to be pretty cool once it comes out:

At the absolute least it will be competition with Maxis/EA for the dominance life-sim style game. It will light the proverbial fire under their arses and make them try harder to make the Sims more high quality of a game, cause if there are alternatives people will simply go to the better/newer games. From everything I’ve heard of it, they’re doing things that Maxis claims they didn’t have the technology to do for years…

3 Likes

If they play their cards right it might be the Cities skylines of Sims games, but it’s also been in development for years and I don’t know if anyone else outside of the developers have had their hands on it yet.

1 Like

As long as it has the modding capabilities and custom content implementations that sims has including more interactions I’m fine. My biggest issue is the lack of information surrounding its gameplay and interaction between its version of sims. I’ve heard about it for years but I haven’t heard about a release date which does bug me. I fear for this game as all I’ve seen is its building capabilities and nothing else

2 Likes

As most on here know, I’m not a fan of piracy, but I feel no guilt in pirating the Sims. I have an (almost) complete version of Sims 4 on my computer which would have cost me a fortune to buy with all the dozens of overpriced cash cow expansion packs that they release.

As a rule, I pretty much boycot EA games. Mass Effect LE aside (which doesn’t really count as it’s pre-lootbox era and good value in itself, especially as I paid less than half price for it), I think the last EA game I bought was Fifa 19, and that was only because the PS store was practically giving it away.

@Y2kboris1 is Paralives still not out? I remember reading about that back in about 2018! Had completely forgotten about it. May be a decent alternative to Sims 5.

2 Likes

Piracy is theft, however, I view pirating from EA as more of a robinhood situation. Especially after the hundreds of dollars i’ve spent on their cash grab of a game.

5 Likes

Ordinarily, I’d completely agree, but EA are a special case and ask for everything they get. They’re far more interested in lootboxes and releasing games cut down to the bare minimum, so that they can fleece their customers with shoddy expansions, than they are in producing decent games.

I should add that I’ve barely played Sims 4. I find it boring. Sims 3 (which I paid for) is, IMO, far better.

EA’s prices are ridiculous, practically highway robbery. So is thieving from a thief really all that bad? I also sort of have to agree that the sims 4 can be pretty boring, I think it is a bad sign for a game when it is only made enjoyable through the addition of mods.

1 Like

It’s not so much the pricing… it’s how many of them there are. I believe there are around FIFTY paid expansion packs for the game. Absolutely insane.

And if lootboxes had been a thing when the base game was released, you can guarantee they’d have been in there too. Unless they’re finally banned, I’m sure they’ll be in Sims 5.

Want a certain high value item/building/vehicle/outfit? 500 tokens please, for a random lootbox that ‘may’ contain the item you want. Of course they’ll give a free trickle of whatever the tokens end up being called to avoid outright accusations of pay to win, but it’ll be a ridiculously low amount.

I hope I’m simply being far too cynical, but I have my doubts…

Wait until EA starts trying to put NFTs in Sims

3 Likes

AGHHHHH!!!

(extra exclamation marks to avoid 20 character limit)

1 Like

amazed you don’t any idea for vampire and magician theme. i guess you don’t have the expansion of the game

@mistress.mima made a vampire mod.

I have an idea: the “overeating” skill mod. Each time your Sim is eating despite having the hunger need satisfied in 100%, it would gain the experience. As the skill increases, the hunger level would be more difficult to be filled, and at some levels they would get the ability to eat the family/party servings (4th-7th lvl to eat family size, 9th/10th to eat party size). On the 2nd/3rd lvl there should be a conversation option, something like talking about snacking in-between meals frequency (or quantity of these snacks).
Mod could also implement the eating contest mechanic, f. e. add functionality to all tables (or just contain one table that is a contest-only table) that makes a 6-person (or 8-person) table able to hold two contestants and two spaces for party-sized platters. The eating contests would work on the basis of the hunger need (the contestant who keeps his need unfullfilled longer wins, so the best practice would be to starve a Sim before sending him to a contest).
It could be combined with the gainer career mod, allowing the career from the mod to branch out into contest gainer and hyper-sized model, and adding the new skill levels to requirements
Along with listed features could come lots of buffs, f. e. Confident/Dazed from winning a contest (Confident - from winning and still wanting more food (Glutton-based traits should guarantee this happening more often than the second option), Dazed (or maybe Uncomfortable) - from winning the competition and feeling utterly stuffed (should happen more often in Active-based traits)), and many other little details that would prevent the mod from being great but hollow at the same time.

4 Likes

Hey, i know this is super old, but if this is something you havent done yet, i’d be willing to make some models and animations, or at least see if im able to. Im currently learning about both, and i’ve done some pretty cool stuff, and i dont mean stiff animations and crappy looking models, i can make good looking stuff. Anyway, hit me up if ever, im willing to do this for free.

1 Like

Do you have a gallery where we can see and download some of your stuff?

No, i literally just made an account specifically to post that comment

Admittedly, i only started learning a few months ago, but ive done a few things. I’ve at least got enough know-how to navigate the program and make something look good. Plus, im a perfectionist, so i always aim for computer precision lol

1 Like

How about a mod where the sims gain weight only on the next day, right after coming out of the bed, not after eating. It adds a realistic touch.

6 Likes

This is brilliant. It’s realistic, because that’s precisely how you increase stomach capacity in real life. I’d adore this for my feedee sim.

3 Likes