Skyrim Special Edition Modding Agony

Hi, I’ve been trying to set up mods on SSE, I got the general jist of it, got body sliders, CBBE or whatever, but I can’t figure out how to get SkyUI to work, how to get jiggle physics and clothes to work. This has been a mess and I’ve spent pretty much all day on it lmao. Can someone show me the ropes? Feel free to add me on ekzuperie#1337, it’d probably be faster there.

3 Likes

I’d help if I could, but sadly I suck, so all I can do for now is say best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Now i’ve had my fair share of modding on SSE and OG skyrim with body sliders and WG mods, the problem with most of the mods is that they aren’t tailored for larger bodies, so when it does say CBBE BS compatible, you literally have to go in and personally set up the physics with the Bodyslide app. For SkyUI, it’s a very touchy mod, if another mod doesn’t work for it you might just be better off uninstalling/disabling everything and have SkyUI first on the load order.
If you’d like my mod list I can copy and paste it in here to with the load order

With SkyUI I use a mod to disable the interface and keep the vanilla while still having it installed, as I’ve found the UI itself to cause problems and is frustrating to use but is a requirement for a lot of Skyrim mods to work. Maybe finding the disabling mod will help you out a bit?

I got SkyUI to work, but now I’m having problems with Body sliders and jiggle physics, since most of the outfits either scale the breasts up to the size of jupiter, or are normal sized but have no physics. Also, does CBBE change the hair? It doesn’t seem to be doing it for me. Thanks for the help

There is a mod that adds the ability to match every outfit to your settings and I think, there are some armors out there that use different systems so need special settings. Not everything can be done in a batch.

Worst case, just RP that it is cursed armor that makes you think you are thin.

I would gladly rp that if the model’s tits didn’t fill up half the screen in 3rd person fov lol. Any links for those mods?

not sure if SE has the same ones but here is what I use:

Currently: Caliente's Vanilla Outfits for CBBE at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community
At some point: Vanilla Outfits BodySlided (with HDT-PE) for CBBE at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community

Can you specify which armor adds the omegatits?

Alright, small update. Omegatits aren’t just clothing meshes, it’s the actual model that makes the omegatits. And second of all, they only happen when I do the physics body in cbbe? any tips? i want my physics :(((

I used to have mods that were great on the initial release version of Skyrim. Now Im not even sure which of the 20 versions I own nd the last time I attempted to install mods they failed to work properly.

I’m planning on getting ‘The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition’, do these mods work with that version of the game or do they need a different version instead?

I don’t see much point in modding Skyrim. Yes, some of the mods are great (if you can get them to work in the first place), but Bethesda games are amazingly crashy before you even start to mod them. If you add mods to the game, you can pretty much guarantee that at some point, the game will break and you’ll be forced to start again from scratch.

Depends on what kinda mods you use. I keep it to bodyslide and some ini tweakers, together with the mandatory skyUI and some monster and weapon mods. Tried the weight gain mod for a bit, but it made stuff transparent and so on, so I reverted that.

What kinda mods did you use that cause you to need full resets?

It was at least a couple of years ago since I last played a modded game, so I can’t really remember. Bodyslide, of course, but anything else, I’m not sure of. All I do know is that every time I’ve started a modded game over the years, it has bugged out at some point and I’ve had no alternative but to restart the game.

Perhaps I was just unucky :stuck_out_tongue:

first things first do you have skse?

sorry for the lack of responses y’all, turns out one of my friends was a skyrim modding guru ao he set me up nicely