SoftFoxxo's Drive-Thru Dilemma! [COMPLETE : v1.3]

Though i havn’t checked if theres a cheesable loop, it does seem like the marked shops are important but not all-encompassing. You’ll always get 10lbs of points, the mark just means you’ll get +8s to the timer instead of +2. Worth going for, unless yer about to cross a threshold that’ll send you to a car garage.

With clean lines, a decent memory of where the arrows are, and being comfortable with the handling, and especially the much sharper turns & hard-stops you can get with a momentary gas+break? A run can go on for quite a while!

My current best run on 1.2

2 Likes

gEEZ I DIDN’T EXPECT PEOPLE TO FIND THE NEW RANK YET skjdhgjksdhjk
Might have to add another, but we’ll see!

Nice job, and thank you for the feedback!

2 Likes

Wow this game is quite addictive and fun. I manage to get the highest rank, but it took a lot of tries and memorizing the map. Got a few suggestions to help improve the game:

• I would recommend having a icon of the food place sign that’s currently the target in the hud somewhere. It can help players plan their route better once they know the map layout.
    *Some boost arrows are just way too inconvenient. there was a couple of times i ended up driving between the boosters that are suppose to help you jump the river in the far east of the map and took a bath. There’s also the one near the southwestern chicken joint that can be annoying if you accidently drive into it and get launched away from the restaurant.
    *The wall southeast from the upper middle taco place has a section that sticks out and can catch the player if they don’t turn left upon hitting the boost southwest from it.
    Other than that its a great time. Hope to see it do well in the Game Jam.
3 Likes

I think if you’re gonna add another rank, this needs to culminate with breaking the car for good, having well and truly been pushed it to its limits!

I had a blast playing this! After getting used to the drift controls the gamplay loop was intuitive and snappy. Definteily on point with the theme and the mad dash to push your greed and your vehicle to its limits!

1 Like

I’ve spent a lot of time feeling like it was over when the timer reached 0 and i casually crashed into a restaurant. Its a good game

2 Likes

Did a “probably final” update to the game, version 1.3! Adds another rank to reach, as well as a final weight class that you earn upon reaching it, adds a icon for the restaurant you’re heading to, modifies the level design juuuuust a tad, and when the time runs out, you’re “Done Like Dinner!” before you see your score. <w<

Thank you so much for playing!!

2 Likes

Also, if the icon only shows Pizza for the restaurant you’re going to, please redownload the zip!

1 Like

So to be clear is X the final rank? I got up to >2300lbs before deciding to throw in the towel. I was still coasting at around 30-40 secs so I could have kept going indefinitely.

1 Like

Nope! The final rank is above it, with the same weight difference between S and X rank (1000). You’ll know when you hit it because I made it a soft cap since it’s so high. Technically you COULD keep putting on more weight, but you lose all control once you hit the weight required for that rank - so you really won’t.

2 Likes

Good to know and, arg, there goes another 30 minutes playing this dang game haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

this is a nice little arcade-like game, I really like it
also

2 Likes

Love the game so far! Its very straightforward and fun learn and drive about in! I do have a strange bug to report, should the player be driving through the bend and not have enough acceleration they can get softlocked onto place like in this screenshot. Outside of this minor detail its a really cute game!

1 Like

I really enjoyed this a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes