SoftFoxxo's Drive-Thru Dilemma! [COMPLETE : v1.3]

Rush from drive-thru to drive-thru to feed yourself before the timer runs out! If you start to get to heavy for your vehicle, be sure to get it upgraded to carry you around easier!
Go for the highest rank and time, and break past the limits of your vehicle and weight!

YouTube Trailer: https://youtu.be/fLZWxZh38n0

26 Likes

Damn, that was fast. We’re like two days into the jam, how are you already finished?

3 Likes

I got started pretty much as soon as the Jam theme went up on Saturday afternoon - I’ve done this the past few years with each Jam, lol.
It also helped that I didn’t need to make the music or sound effects (which are credited in-game). <w<

2 Likes

Ah, yet again came that part of the year when you have a lot of folders named “Jam”.

It’s a neat game. But please, retexture walls. I still think sometimes that it’s just an asphalt but lighter.

2 Likes

Thank ya!
Did a quick update to the textures to try 'n help with that - gave 'em a light red tint, and added a little grid to it. It’s the only changed thing in 1.0a. <w<

2 Likes

Impressively quick as always! I’ll look forward to trying this later tonight!

2 Likes

the un-upgraded car got me thinking about the shoe that you drive around in monopoly and made me wanna drive the hat and iron aswell :​P

1 Like

Really good job on making a functional Crazy Taxi in two days. It seems like the best way to cheese the game is to completely ignore the green arrow and just alternate going to the two restaurants next to the garage, the Pizza Gut and the BurgrBustr since otherwise you run out of time heading back to upgrade your vehicle. I feel like there should be a higher reward for going to the intended restaurant. Either that or there should be more garages spread out around the map.

4 Likes

Thank you! I wasn’t sure of how to balance it, so I’ll keep that in mind for a 1.1.0 update. I’ll probably buff the restaurant you need to go to, and nerf the other restaurants - enough for you to go “okay I DO get extra time, but I’ll probably get an actually useful amount from the one it wants me to go to”. And I’ll definitely be adding a second Garage (and just point you to the nearest one), but more than two would definitely require a bigger map.

EDIT: 1.1.0 is up, and includes these changes!

1 Like

not if it’s just my pc messing up, but in 1.1 the graphics for the player seems to be messed up. first i was a bowl driving around, then a D and then a whole garage.

I’ve been checking the site every day since the jam started but never really thought anyone would put anything up til next week. That said I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this. I like the idea of testing the limits of the vehicle, a very creative application of the theme imo. Don’t usually go in for furry stuff but all in all a fun little minigame.

1 Like

Yeah, I seem to have that exact same problem

3 Likes

Same here with the graphics problem.

1 Like

My bad! Compiler error - just reuploaded the game with a re-compiled version.
(For whatever reason sometimes GM forgets to clean its graphics cache when compiling, and since I updated the graphics since last time, they all got shuffled around a bit internally)

2 Likes

Should be fixed now, it was a compiler error I missed - sorry!

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m excited to try your game!

1 Like

I find this game way too hard to control. Falling into the water might as well be a game over screen because then you can never get going the right way again.

EDIT: It’s the turning circle, it is way too wide.

1 Like

Like in Mario Kart, you can hold Accelerate and Brake while stopped to turn on a dime! I’m going to adjust it though, it still feels slow.

1 Like

Version 1.2 is up! Updated the drifting and turning radius, added another rank, and added a quick “tips” screen before the level loads.

1 Like

really nice little game! the controls were definitely hard to get a hold of at first, but after some time i like to think i got pretty good at it

kinda wish there were more weight stages but, y’know, it’s not that much of a pressing issue :V

2 Likes